Stinky guests!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you have eaten at our restaurant on the corner we recommend, please consider a review. The same BAD APPLE who wrote our stinky review wrote one for them, of course. Not as bad, at all, but bad enough. We frequent this restaurant and so I wrote one for them, highlighing to the tableside guac service, and great clean atmosphere. Not to mention the ABC license and great food.
He is here one minute and trying to destroy everything that is GOOD in this town!
“Your basic chain-equivalent Mexican Restaurant
3 of 5 stars
If you are looking for interesting or high-quality Mexican food, don't go to El Rio. If you are looking for chain-equivalent, Mexican restaurant that you can find in Anytown America, this is the place for you. The staff is very nice and the highlight of this restaurant .

med_Guacamole_El%20Rio%20Mexican%20Grill.jpg

I shared this image on my review. The guac station and the manager.

Oh darn! And it seems to be the ONLY review! How unfortunate. I'd love to know what the reviewer thinks is exceptional. Afterall, Youngstown is the armpit of the world.
And, EGADS!! I hope they never come here. You're response was priceless!

Oh darn! And it seems to be the ONLY review! How unfortunate. I'd love to know what the reviewer thinks is exceptional. Afterall, Youngstown is the armpit of the world.
And, EGADS!! I hope they never come here. You're response was priceless!.
They now have another review. I think JB took Innkeep and me there when we visited. It was good food.
JB, I hope it helps. I have a few reviews under my belt so it may carry some weight.

And, EGADS!! I hope they never come here. You're response was priceless!.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
And, EGADS!! I hope they never come here. You're response was priceless!
They had to CREATE the listing for them to be able to review. I have added one now. I know a couple of you here may be able to. My own mother said "I have NEVER had tableside guacamole in my life except there!"
And my mother was born and raised in San Diego where we have Mexican restaurants by the 100's everywhere...that says something. I told her "Yeah little ol' rocky mount..." haha

Had to log in just to say BOO! to that stinky review. Knowing you and all the effort/care/love you put into everything, that really cheesed me off! I'm sorry you had to get it, but your response is truly priceless.

Had to log in just to say BOO! to that stinky review. Knowing you and all the effort/care/love you put into everything, that really cheesed me off! I'm sorry you had to get it, but your response is truly priceless..
Don Draper said:
Had to log in just to say BOO! to that stinky review. Knowing you and all the effort/care/love you put into everything, that really cheesed me off! I'm sorry you had to get it, but your response is truly priceless.
Thanks Donster.

I do believe you have written the perfect management response. I suspect that will garner good will for a long time.

Just read it. Want to strangle him. Want to hug you, and I am NOT a hugger!
This was a hard week. Next week must be better!

This was a hard week. Next week must be better!.
Arkansawyer said:
You guys are so funny.
I went too long, but actually did not address point by point, which I would have wanted to, you know correct every wrong, sorta thing.
BTW When they checked out AN HOUR late (he said half hour was when we asked if they were nearly ready) which IS TRUE, but they left at NOON - - he flippantly said on the review "Maybe they had somewhere they had to be..." snidely. Actually, yes, I did. My Father had heart surgery that morning. I was trying to go and see him, and be there for him and Mom. (i never said this to the guest, nor to anyone else, and I didn't rush them FOR ONE SECOND btw and I wanted to!!!)
Since then, as you know, two nights ago we had the ER visit and hospitalization in a nearby city... he is a-ok today, says he feels like a million bucks. :)

Just read your response and it's priceless. It's the kind I would love to do but don't have the nerve. Good for you!

This was a hard week. Next week must be better!.
Arkansawyer said:
You guys are so funny.
I went too long, but actually did not address point by point, which I would have wanted to, you know correct every wrong, sorta thing.
BTW When they checked out AN HOUR late (he said half hour was when we asked if they were nearly ready) which IS TRUE, but they left at NOON - - he flippantly said on the review "Maybe they had somewhere they had to be..." snidely. Actually, yes, I did. My Father had heart surgery that morning. I was trying to go and see him, and be there for him and Mom. (i never said this to the guest, nor to anyone else, and I didn't rush them FOR ONE SECOND btw and I wanted to!!!)
Since then, as you know, two nights ago we had the ER visit and hospitalization in a nearby city... he is a-ok today, says he feels like a million bucks. :)
Just for the H of it, I looked at the B & B in Ash eville and Mr Stinky liked the place so much he did not bother to give it a review. Such a know-nothing. I went to high school about 50 miles from his town - it USED to be a steel town where finding bodies in the trunk of a car at the airport was not uncommon. The steel is gone now - I do not know about the other part, just that Daddy would no let me go to college there because of the airport discoveries.

We need a website for innkeepers...'Guest Adviser'. But, this one works, too..
Isn't there already something called the guest advisor.com? I thought I saw it but was a bit afraid to join it since it wanted information about my property to log in. Anyone have any experience with it?
Aussie Innkeeper said:
We need a website for innkeepers...'Guest Adviser'. But, this one works, too.

So far our guests keep wanting to meet the cat and or the dog. They keep asking, and I keep thinking "What the!" and sure enough they have all seen the stinky review and want to see the family pets.
So I have been talking about it to our guests, which I wasn't planning on doing, but they all would say something like he was an a-hole or something, and laugh. Then say "this is what you get when you deal with the public..." and not be too concerned with it.
So...that is great!

Back