Stinky Mens Cologne

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
HELP ME PEOPLE!!! HELP ME!!!
What is the deal with these old men and their stinky cologne? I cannot recall what it is, it is not one that my Dad or grandfather's ever wore - but it reeks and for some reason they keep picking on particular room and must stand on the rug when they spray or slap it on. I can smell it in the foyer right now as I type this and they are all gone for the day! I cannot get the scent out of the sheets, I use vinegar on every load. GAG!
barf.gif

This makes me remember all the Evening in Paris we inflicted on my Mom when we were kids. Perhaps the kids/grandkids have found a men's version of Evening in Paris for Dad/Gramps. And you are the lucky one to get to smell it. His olfactory nerves have already been killed.

If your sheets are white, bleach em. This why all my towels and sheets are white. Bleach kills odor and bacteria. If they are not white then soak them in your washer with a strong vinegar and detergent solution. Then drain and run thru a regular wash. Put in the dryer with bounce fabric sheets.
Take a few shallow dishes (non metalic) fill with vinegar and thin slices of onion and set out around the room. This will absorb odor.

OH, NO!!! It's so hard to get rid of really strong cologne/perfume/after shave. It just clings to every textile in a room.

OH, NO!!! It's so hard to get rid of really strong cologne/perfume/after shave. It just clings to every textile in a room..
Samster said:
OH, NO!!! It's so hard to get rid of really strong cologne/perfume/after shave. It just clings to every textile in a room.
I know I'll get blasted for this, but after each guest, we thoroughly clean the room and bath. I then use extra strength (lightly scented) Febreze on the drapes, throw pillows and shams. It doesn't leave a lingering scent and gets rid of the perfumes, colognes and aftershave smells as well as just plain old people odor.
The one consistent remark we get from guests as how "clean" our rooms smell.

I had a wonderful older couple stay last week that brought their own everything...and she had a can of Febreeze in the bathroom right next to the all natural lemon oil-based air freshener I supply. Every morning she would spray the crap out of the bathroom, and then leave for the day. Febreeze to the nth level is all I could smell and taste for hours afterward. I had to open every window in the house and turn on every fan just to breathe. That stuff grosses me out....maybe the lightly scented would be better....

Febreeze will have me choking in no time. I'd never use it. I think it's my duty to inform guests that black flies and mosquitoes are highly attracted to perfumes so for their own sake they perhaps should not use it while in the area!
tounge_smile.gif

I had a wonderful older couple stay last week that brought their own everything...and she had a can of Febreeze in the bathroom right next to the all natural lemon oil-based air freshener I supply. Every morning she would spray the crap out of the bathroom, and then leave for the day. Febreeze to the nth level is all I could smell and taste for hours afterward. I had to open every window in the house and turn on every fan just to breathe. That stuff grosses me out....maybe the lightly scented would be better.....
Every morning she would spray the crap out of the bathroom,
teeth_smile.gif

I had a wonderful older couple stay last week that brought their own everything...and she had a can of Febreeze in the bathroom right next to the all natural lemon oil-based air freshener I supply. Every morning she would spray the crap out of the bathroom, and then leave for the day. Febreeze to the nth level is all I could smell and taste for hours afterward. I had to open every window in the house and turn on every fan just to breathe. That stuff grosses me out....maybe the lightly scented would be better.....
teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
teeth_smile.gif
roflmao...
teeth_smile.gif

Little Blue said:
....maybe the lightly scented would be better....
Yes, it is.

Febreeze will have me choking in no time. I'd never use it. I think it's my duty to inform guests that black flies and mosquitoes are highly attracted to perfumes so for their own sake they perhaps should not use it while in the area!
tounge_smile.gif
ginocat said:
Febreeze will have me choking in no time. I'd never use it.
You already established in another thread that you don't use any (or few) commercial cleaning products anyway. So, isn't that just a matter of personal preference?
I think the key to odor control is just keeping things clean, no matter how you do it.

No, Febreeze makes me sneeze and choke. I guess you could say it's a matter of personal choice that I don't sneeze and choke.

No, Febreeze makes me sneeze and choke. I guess you could say it's a matter of personal choice that I don't sneeze and choke..
ginocat said:
No, Febreeze makes me sneeze and choke. I guess you could say it's a matter of personal choice that I don't sneeze and choke.
Sorry, I don't recall that you previously mentioned an allergy to the stuff, just that you were adverse to commercial products.
Sensitivity to a product is no laughing matter, but the "new" Febreeze is not as heavy handed as its previous incarnation. The point is that it is an option for odor removal. I do believe that thorough cleaning is the best option.

One of our BB's here uses Frebreeze extensively and I really mean extensively. She recently had a newly arrived guest come choking to her saying she couldn't stay because something was giving her an asthma attack. Could it have been the Frebreeze?? I don't know but it makes me teary and cough a lot.

One of our BB's here uses Frebreeze extensively and I really mean extensively. She recently had a newly arrived guest come choking to her saying she couldn't stay because something was giving her an asthma attack. Could it have been the Frebreeze?? I don't know but it makes me teary and cough a lot..
ginocat said:
One of our BB's here uses Frebreeze extensively and I really mean extensively. She recently had a newly arrived guest come choking to her saying she couldn't stay because something was giving her an asthma attack. Could it have been the Frebreeze?? I don't know but it makes me teary and cough a lot.
Asthma can be triggered by many things, the most common being dust mites. Unless you use a quality mattress cover that is frequently washed in hot water, you WILL have dust mites on your mattresses. Of course they can exist all over the room, but this would be the culprit I would suspect first. I've been in numerous B&B that had an over abundance of dust collectors knick-knacks and doilies that very well cause such a problem.
I'm very asthmatic, and Febreeze doesn't see to bother me. Of course, all allergies are different, so it could be that you and she are sensitive to it.

Don't look now JBJ, but Old Spice has come out with a new one called Swagger. If it smells as bad as the name, you're in trouble.
wow.gif
[/h3]

Don't look now JBJ, but Old Spice has come out with a new one called Swagger. If it smells as bad as the name, you're in trouble.
wow.gif
[/h3].
SweetiePie said:
wow.gif
[/h3]
Makes you smell like John Wayne's horse after a hard ride.

Wir bieten elegante Schlichte Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.
Die Junior-Brautjungfer von Julie Carlson
Ihre Hochzeit Gefolge, von den Brautjungfern zu Ringträger, hat spezielle Aufgaben vor und während Ihrer Hochzeit. Die Verantwortung liegt bei den Brautjungfern und die Trauzeugin. Die Blumenmädchen hat auch eine Verantwortung an dem Tag Ihrer Hochzeit, kleider abschlussball kleider abschlussball sie werden zu verbreiten Blütenblätter auf der Insel, wo Sie und Ihr Mann zu Fuß. Die Hochzeit Gefolge haben können junior Brautjungfern, auch sie haben ihre spezifischen Rollen und Verantwortlichkeiten während der Hochzeit.
Nachdem junge Brautjungfern ist nicht ungewöhnlich brautkleider für große größen , und sie haben Verantwortung, die ähnlich denen der Brautjungfern sind. Ein junger Brautjungfer ist Mitglied in der Umgebung, wenn sie zu alt, um die Gruppe der Blumenmädchen und zu jung, abendkleid onlineshop abendkleid onlineshop um die Gruppe der Brautjungfern-Join ist. Die üblichen Alter des jungen Brautjungfer ist ab 9 Jahren bis 14 Jahre alt. Manche Paare können eine Schwester oder ein Verwandter, dass sie wollen, einen Teil ihrer Hochzeit Entourage werden müssen, aber nicht in entweder eine Blume Mädchen oder Brautjungfer Rolle passen, so werden sie als Junior-Brautjungfer zu handeln.
Das Kleid, dass die Junior-Brautjungfer kann Verschleiß wird anders sein als das Kleid der Blumenmädchen und Brautjungfern. Die Braut kann von den Eltern des Junior-Brautjungfer zu einem Kleid brautkleider shop online , günstige abendkleider online shop günstige abendkleider online shop das mit dem Motiv der Hochzeit passen zu kaufen. Eltern auf der Suche nach preiswerten Junior Brautjungfernkleider kann ein Kleid in einem Kaufhaus oder Online-Braut-Läden kaufen, aber es ist immer noch die Braut die Entscheidung, welche Art abendkleider shop online , Stil, Farbe und Design zu wählen. Wenn die Braut wählt eine billige Brautkleid, sollte sie nicht eine teure Junior-Brautjungfer Kleid.
Normalerweise Stil der Kleidung für die Junior-Brautjungfer ist bescheidener als die Stile der Brautjungfern. Slits sollte kurz sein, wenn es welche gibt, sind Ausschnitte gerade genug, und es sollte Schultergurte werden. Die Farbkombination der Junior-Brautjungfer Kleid kombiniert Farben der Kleidung der beiden Blumenmädchen und Brautjungfern sein. Sie sind nicht verpflichtet, Schuhe, High Heels sind zu verwenden. Sie werden mit einem kleinen Blumenstrauß zur Verfügung gestellt werden.
Gegebenenfalls alle vor der Hochzeit Braut Unternehmen ist der Junior-Brautjungfer, die in der Planung und Durchführung der Bridal Shower helfen können. Die Teilnahme an der Planung von Meetings werden auf der Junior-Brautjungfer ab. Sie können sich freiwillig als Dessert oder andere Nahrungsmittel vorbereiten oder machen die Party. Der jüngere Brautjungfer hilft Dekorationen vorzubereiten und tragen Spielen während der Bridal Shower. Sie wird auch dazu beitragen, brautkleider onlineshop brautkleider onlineshop in der post Partei aufzuräumen und das Sammeln von Geschenken für die Braut.
Der jüngere Brautjungfer ist erforderlich, um Proben für die Hochzeit eingeladen, so dass sie ihren Platz in der Prozessionsstraße und Tiefenmotive kennen. Es ist auch wichtig für sie, ihren Pflichten während der Zeremonie zu wissen.
Während der Trauung können die jüngeren Brautjungfer gebeten, eine Lesung zu tun. Sie wird voraussichtlich in der Verteilung der Hochzeit Konfetti für die Gäste zu helfen, auf das Paar zu werfen schwangeren brautmode , ballkleider online kaufen bevor sie abreisen. An der Rezeption können sie die Verantwortung für das Gästebuch zugeordnet werden.
Besuchen Sie Julie Carlson und LovelyWeddingConfetti für alle Informationen die Sie benötigen, brautjungfernkleider online shop um Ihre Hochzeit zu planen - von der Auswahl Ihrer Hochzeit Thema und Farben zu finden, das perfekte Kleid.
günstige hochzeitskleider

Back