STOMPER! MAKE IT STOP!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I am on the edge people, the edge! My wall hangings are all sideways, I am about to lose it. Guess what? After tonight, we have a reprieve and a few days away next weekend...I need to hang on...literally here she comes again, MY DESK IS SHAKING> IF I WERE LAW ENFORCEMENT RIGHT NOW I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE IN HANDCUFFS AND TOSSES OUT ON THEIR KEESTER!

I had to put up a sign to get guests to stop slamming the outside door. Every couple of hours I would have to straighten all the pictures. I cannot imagine what it would be like living with these people.

The door is also being slammed. heck ya, why close the door, it is only 115+ years old, slam the dang thing.
And when they arrived at 1040am and couldn't check in, then came back at 1pm and couldn't check in, and then finally were allowed in at 220pm when their room was ready, I went in to finally lay down for 10 minutes and they were in the room (not overhead but one over) and all I could hear from fighting back and forth. I put HDNET on and turned up the volume and listened to Foreigner for 30 minutes
They all just left for dinner I suppose, the good news, they want an 8am breakfast. I am really really tired and want a break... I do not know how you all with high occupancy do it. I really don't, you must have some sort of meditation cone of silence or something you put yourself in at the end of the day.

The door is also being slammed. heck ya, why close the door, it is only 115+ years old, slam the dang thing.
And when they arrived at 1040am and couldn't check in, then came back at 1pm and couldn't check in, and then finally were allowed in at 220pm when their room was ready, I went in to finally lay down for 10 minutes and they were in the room (not overhead but one over) and all I could hear from fighting back and forth. I put HDNET on and turned up the volume and listened to Foreigner for 30 minutes
They all just left for dinner I suppose, the good news, they want an 8am breakfast. I am really really tired and want a break... I do not know how you all with high occupancy do it. I really don't, you must have some sort of meditation cone of silence or something you put yourself in at the end of the day..
I run a fan, but Foreigner would work. Or U2. Or the Chieftains. Or Loverboy. Bonnie Raitt. The soundtrack to Tin Cup. Or The Big Chill. Louis Armstrong's Greatest Hits. Hank. (Sr.) Pink Floyd. Enya.

I totally sympathise. Had a group of 4 in for 2 nights over the weekend, I swear they all wore builders boots in the bedrooms, even when the people above us got up to go to the loo at 5am. We could hear them walking about in their rooms from the other end of the house, in out lounge.
I can't imagine living in a flat below them.

Well we are nearly there, how could I be living the exact words of Agnes? This couple were up at 6am and didn't give a rip if anyone else was!

foyer has paint chips all over it where they took a chunck out of the bead board.
I AM BEGINNING TO HATE THIS JOB. Suitcase was, and I do not exaggerate 3/4 his height. Brits have the big hardsided bags that they CANNOT carry up or down stairs. I am about to ban them, yes ban them you heard me. I might be the first innkeeper to ban a certain type of luggage.
lrg_Ding.jpg

foyer has paint chips all over it where they took a chunck out of the bead board.
I AM BEGINNING TO HATE THIS JOB. Suitcase was, and I do not exaggerate 3/4 his height. Brits have the big hardsided bags that they CANNOT carry up or down stairs. I am about to ban them, yes ban them you heard me. I might be the first innkeeper to ban a certain type of luggage.
lrg_Ding.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
I AM BEGINNING TO HATE THIS JOB.
You obviously need to be booking more weddings. I hear they are a lot of fun.

lrg_Ding.jpg
I have some corners that look like that. Wallpaper scuffed awfully. The walls are probably dented but they are papered so it doesn't show as much.
And, had one very large guest sitting in a chair, pull herself (and the chair) across the threshhold and shred the wood floor. Stand up already. You can't scoot a chair when you're 400 lbs.

lrg_Ding.jpg
That is horrible! I am so sorry.... And I am certain they thought nothing of it.

They all just left for dinner I suppose, the good news, they want an 8am breakfast. I am really really tired and want a break... I do not know how you all with high occupancy do it. I really don't, you must have some sort of meditation cone of silence or something you put yourself in at the end of the day..
Dude, I feel so bad for you, JB! Yes, on the rare occasion when I just had to chill out, I went in our den, locked the door (of course) and put on headphones for either the TV or my iPod. Sometimes you just have to retreat into your safe zone.
regular_smile.gif

lrg_Ding.jpg
I have some corners that look like that. Wallpaper scuffed awfully. The walls are probably dented but they are papered so it doesn't show as much.
And, had one very large guest sitting in a chair, pull herself (and the chair) across the threshhold and shred the wood floor. Stand up already. You can't scoot a chair when you're 400 lbs.
this is why whenever I can I help with bags room 2 has a huge dent in it from a silly cow slamming her bags down in a I can do it kind of way drives me mad.

Back