Stop wrapping cutlery in the napkin. I hate it.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, I have never liked wrapped silverware. I like my silver spread out. But I never thought about it being that contaminated. Eeeeewwwwww. I might have to bring my own next time at the tavern.

I worked in the restaurant business many, many moons ago and could tell you things to make your toes curl and you would never eat out again.

I worked in the restaurant business many, many moons ago and could tell you things to make your toes curl and you would never eat out again..
If you go to that bar blog he has a story on there of a big name chef whose biz was shut down because so many diners were getting sick. He's lost 500,000E so far. The article said 400 cancellations came in when the story broke.

if the servers' hands are dirty they are dirty and whether or not the cutlery is wrapped in napkins or it sits in those cutlery bins, exposed to everything, i would think it would still be just as dirty as if someone set down your knife, fork, spoon and napkin when you sat down. so the bundles don't make and diff to me.
you never know what goes on in another's kitchen. but sometimes, you get a pretty good idea ............
i sat alone at a pancake house table a couple weeks ago. first i asked for a different coffee cup .. little grounds on the edge of the cup. then i asked for my table to be wiped ... syrup rings on the table. then i went to the rest room, got a wet paper towel and wiped off the table myself because the rag used to wipe it was black with dirt. then the cutlery arrived, all dirty with smudges and the knife with encrusted food. i apologized to the waitress and said i had to leave. went to the cash register and asked to speak with the manager. his answer was, 'i'm sorry but we are really busy.' i told him it doesn't matter how busy you are, the dishes are not getting clean and you need to change out the rags you wipe the tables down with for clean ones. i grabbed a few comment postcards on my way out the door. jeez.
ps. the place was jam packed

I worked in the restaurant business many, many moons ago and could tell you things to make your toes curl and you would never eat out again..
If you go to that bar blog he has a story on there of a big name chef whose biz was shut down because so many diners were getting sick. He's lost 500,000E so far. The article said 400 cancellations came in when the story broke.
ok, it's me here, what blog about what bar? How come you speak in riddles?
confused_smile.gif
clue me in please.
Sincerely,
Nosey in Michigan

confused_smile.gif
clue me in please.
Sincerely,
Nosey in Michigan
Iris...see the link of the original post.

confused_smile.gif
clue me in please.
Sincerely,
Nosey in Michigan
Iris...see the link of the original post.
Ok, it's time for me to have my after something coffee. thank you!

Back