Storms in the Gulf area and Southern States

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
How are folks doing in those areas? We are still under a severe thunderstorm watch until early this evening. Tornado watch box has moved East of us.
Hope everyone is OK!!

Did I mention the 29" of snow my daughter got on Monday? Even the college closed. More tomorrow. Then rain. Then 50 degree temps. Then floods.
OTOH, we only got 2" of rain, most of which is in my cellar right now.

Tornado touched down about 3 miles from us... we were very lucky. The storm was hellacious with wind gusts up to 35mph. Took out a couple of panels of our green house & hubby ran out to get them. Power was out for a few hours last night. TG that guests took it all is stride. All sunny and clear this afternoon.

Tornado touched down about 3 miles from us... we were very lucky. The storm was hellacious with wind gusts up to 35mph. Took out a couple of panels of our green house & hubby ran out to get them. Power was out for a few hours last night. TG that guests took it all is stride. All sunny and clear this afternoon..
Ouch!

Tornado touched down about 3 miles from us... we were very lucky. The storm was hellacious with wind gusts up to 35mph. Took out a couple of panels of our green house & hubby ran out to get them. Power was out for a few hours last night. TG that guests took it all is stride. All sunny and clear this afternoon..
Wow! Your guests must be from the Midwest. They are so used to tornadoes that they say "so what else is new?" When I lived there we blew off the warnings and even the watches because they happened so often.
Glad you are OK and did not have a lot of damage.

Whew! We got it today, all day....watches went off around 5PM and the rains finally stopped. Glad that y'all are OK.

Whew! We got it today, all day....watches went off around 5PM and the rains finally stopped. Glad that y'all are OK.
Glad to hear you are OK as well. Hopefully this system will blow off to sea.

Now it's the flooding in the Northeast!! Oh, my!

Cold front blew through here wickedly yesterday. Today, I had to wear socks and close the windows. :)

Did I mention the 29" of snow my daughter got on Monday? Even the college closed. More tomorrow. Then rain. Then 50 degree temps. Then floods.
OTOH, we only got 2" of rain, most of which is in my cellar right now..
whattha.gif
Ike, I hope you can pump out that cellar!
After the tree came down on the house last September, I'm much more nervous about these storms. They were calling for very high winds today! New Orleans got hit pretty hard with rain.

Now it's the flooding in the Northeast!! Oh, my!
The Ohio River has flooded. The crest was about half-way down ourr western border today. My sleepy little river is a raging brown torrent right now. The dam about 5 miles north that is usually a lovely spillway (remains of a gristmill dam) has disappeared under the brown torrent. It is not on the highway yet, but it we have any more rain it will be. We dodged the bullet on the 6 inches of snow - it stayed north of Morgantown.

we have had bad weather even here! very windy it keeps blowing slates off the roofs which if they hit someone they could be really hurt. Quite a few green houses have been damaged.

Back