Strange car in the driveway

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Well, of course I know they're ALL strange cars in the driveway.
teeth_smile.gif
Bear with me, there's a story...
So, I'm standing on my corner yakking with my friend and a car slows down as if it is going to stop (and ask directions or something). Car keeps going and turns around at my neighbor's and comes back. They stop on the street and my friend & I figure we should get out of the roadway in case they want to turn in here.
Car goes in the parking lot and they sit there. And sit there. No one gets out. OK, I say bye to my friend and head over. The guy rolls down the window and I ask if I can help.
They were here 13 years ago for their honeymoon. Now have 2 kids. Driving around to all the places they went on their honeymoon (subjecting kids to this, ugh).
They want to know if it's ok to take pix. Heck, c'mon in the house! They take pix in the room they had 13 years ago (which is, OF COURSE, the one room I am totally stripping today!!!), take more pix outside (I take pix of all of them outside) and head on their way.
I tell them children are welcome as the kids keep saying, 'You stayed in someone's HOUSE? Why'd you do that?' He say, 'Once they're grown we'll be back...'
Sent them off with a notecard picture of the inn for their scrapbook. (She asked if I sold them. Rats, should have sold her some coffee mugs. Dang.)

It is like all those perfect comebacks that we think of 2 days later!

CHEAPOS!!! Why did they not stay with you!
The "honeymoon is over baby".
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
The "honeymoon is over baby"
They didn't stay with us because 'the kids wanted'...TV, pool, breakfast buffet, fill in the blank.
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
They didn't stay with us because 'the kids wanted'...TV, pool, breakfast buffet, fill in the blank.
Stuff the kids. It was their anniversary!
I can't stand KID RUN families.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Me neither.
=)
Kk.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
You and me both. We just had 2 families here. The last one just left. Mom was saying to her daughter (13), 'Carry that bag, too,' as Mom headed down the stairs with arms full. The daughter glared at her and checked to see how many bags Mom was carrying.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
You and me both. We just had 2 families here. The last one just left. Mom was saying to her daughter (13), 'Carry that bag, too,' as Mom headed down the stairs with arms full. The daughter glared at her and checked to see how many bags Mom was carrying.
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
When we went to the lake we had JBJ bootcamp. All 5 kids formed a line to unload the truck - KAYAKS INCLUDED! Carry them 20 feet from the truck.
Even the 8 yr old had to pull her weight. They actually had fun doing it!
Three girls really didn't know how to do anything. But they did when they left!

I saw many strange cars on the highways, and most of them passed through the body shop Nashville, because I heard that there is the best shop to buy car parts and fix your car in a way that nobody will ever recognize it again. This is amazing in my opinion and I told myself that I will go there at all costs, to make my car look like it has been brought from the future. I know you all agree with me on this one.

Back