Strap Lines

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I am trying to write a strap line but have hit a mental block - all I can come up with is "comfortable, convenience in the town centre of Harrogate"
But is that even English? any suggestions, comments, anything?

Can you make it more personal ... " your place in the heart of harrogate" ...

Want to say clean, efficient, walk to everything, parking, - most of our guests are business travellers so I don't want to be too touchy feely either. You just can't win!

Want to say clean, efficient, walk to everything, parking, - most of our guests are business travellers so I don't want to be too touchy feely either. You just can't win!.
Clean rooms, great food, free car park, in town centre

My 2 cents would be to say something catchy, something that makes you stand apart, otherwise why bother. Don't be the same, everyone is the same. Why do you need to waste valuable TYPE SPACE on saying "clean" that is expected. I realize it isn't the case, of course, but it is expected to be open to the public.

My 2 cents would be to say something catchy, something that makes you stand apart, otherwise why bother. Don't be the same, everyone is the same. Why do you need to waste valuable TYPE SPACE on saying "clean" that is expected. I realize it isn't the case, of course, but it is expected to be open to the public..
As well lots of people use "come as a guest leave as a friend" its just sooo trite!

I am trying to write a strap line but have hit a mental block - all I can come up with is "comfortable, convenience in the town centre of Harrogate"
When I read the title Strap Lines, the first thing I thought was "your bra's too tight!". :) Gotta love the language differences on each side of the pond!
I take it you're looking for what I would call a tag line, a distilled unique selling proposition to include in the header on your website, rack cards, etc. Just tweaking what you've got, how about "Convenience and comfort in the heart of Harrogate".

When I read the title Strap Lines, the first thing I thought was "your bra's too tight!". :) Gotta love the language differences on each side of the pond!
I take it you're looking for what I would call a tag line, a distilled unique selling proposition to include in the header on your website, rack cards, etc. Just tweaking what you've got, how about "Convenience and comfort in the heart of Harrogate"..
happyjacks said:
I take it you're looking for what I would call a tag line, a distilled unique selling proposition to include in the header on your website, rack cards, etc. Just tweaking what you've got, how about "Convenience and comfort in the heart of Harrogate".
and so across the pond a "convenience" is a public toilet. haha I guess that about covers it. oi

I take it you're looking for what I would call a tag line, a distilled unique selling proposition to include in the header on your website, rack cards, etc. Just tweaking what you've got, how about "Convenience and comfort in the heart of Harrogate"..
happyjacks said:
and so across the pond a "convenience" is a public toilet. haha I guess that about covers it. oi
Joey Bloggs said:
happyjacks said:
Ahaha! :D

happyjacks said:
I like this one!

happyjacks said:
I like this one!
and we are sold! - new line of work for Happy

Can you make it more personal ... " your place in the heart of harrogate" ....
Joey Bloggs said:
Can you make it more personal ... " your place in the heart of harrogate" ...
We use something similar, "your home by the sea." Simple and relaxing.
How about, "home is where the heart is and we are in the heart of harrogate." Ok, even as I write it, I hate it......I'll think harder.....

Back