Strawberry Yoghurt Bites

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These will make a great addition to our fruit plate! Thanks. I'll let you know how they come out once I make them and try them out on our guests.

I bet these would be good with orange jello/yoghurt and Mandarin orange slices too. Thanks.

These will make a great addition to our fruit plate! Thanks. I'll let you know how they come out once I make them and try them out on our guests..
The possible combinations are endless, Strawberry Banana, Cherry Lime, Strawberry Kiwi. Jigglers for adults!

Yes and the thoughts of even amping the plate up with a dollop of cream or drizzle of berries... I knew you all would like it. You would do any color scheme in season.

Yes and the thoughts of even amping the plate up with a dollop of cream or drizzle of berries... I knew you all would like it. You would do any color scheme in season..
When I told DH what to get at the store he said, 'Oh boy! Jello for breakfast!' So, the guys will like it.

Yes and the thoughts of even amping the plate up with a dollop of cream or drizzle of berries... I knew you all would like it. You would do any color scheme in season..
When I told DH what to get at the store he said, 'Oh boy! Jello for breakfast!' So, the guys will like it.
I am going to test this on my "focus group" this weekend. Focus group consists of, this week anyway, approx 50 teenagers and 20+ adults. Bet this will be a hit at inns that have kids as guests. Jell-o for breakfast is always a big hit with the men folk and kids. Just ask Bill Cosby. ;-)

In searching the Jell-o pages on the Kraft site I came across this bit of information. Some of you probably already know this, but if you are going to get creative with this recipe it might be helpful if you plan on adding any fresh fruit to the gelatin/yogurt mixture and not just on top.
[h2]KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS[/h2]
Variation Prepare using your favorite combination of JELL-O Gelatin and fruit. Since fresh or frozen pineapple, papaya, kiwi, figs, guava and gingerroot all contain enzymes that prevent gelatin from setting, never use them in gelatin recipes. But you can use any canned fruits or juices since the canning process kills this enzyme.

If you used graham crackers to make a crust, you could use vanilla yogurt and key lime jello to make mini key lime pies. Or how about raspberry yogurt and raspberry jello with a sliver of dark chocolate sticking out of it?

If you used graham crackers to make a crust, you could use vanilla yogurt and key lime jello to make mini key lime pies. Or how about raspberry yogurt and raspberry jello with a sliver of dark chocolate sticking out of it?.
STOP!! You are making me consider driving to the grocery for some ingredients to go wild. I JUST got a package from one of the twins who had a vacation in Mexico. She is a VERY good daughter and sent her Mom some dark chocolate & coffee from Mexico.

If you used graham crackers to make a crust, you could use vanilla yogurt and key lime jello to make mini key lime pies. Or how about raspberry yogurt and raspberry jello with a sliver of dark chocolate sticking out of it?.
STOP!! You are making me consider driving to the grocery for some ingredients to go wild. I JUST got a package from one of the twins who had a vacation in Mexico. She is a VERY good daughter and sent her Mom some dark chocolate & coffee from Mexico.
gillumhouse said:
Not to make matters worse but espresso jello creams. Hmmmm coffee, chocolate, a little whipped cream, a hint of cinnamon.

Since I do not have a nuker, it is going to be interesting to do this on top of the stove. I will let you know how it turns out.

I wonder how the thicker, creamier Greek yogurts would work? We found a brand of honey-sweetened Greek yogurt that tastes more like créme fraiche than yogurt. We use it as a topping for Strawberries Romanoff. It has a wonderful texture and mouth feel and isn't tart like American plain yogurt.

Next up- presentation...how would you serve these if these were all you were serving?

Next up- presentation...how would you serve these if these were all you were serving?.
Madeleine said:
Next up- presentation...how would you serve these if these were all you were serving?
If you add Tequila, that's easy...in shot glasses.
cheers.gif

Depending on what you're making, DW and I thought something like this would be a good plate filler instead of fruit garnish. Or, if you did a larger version of this in something like a shortcake cup, you could serve it as a starter.

Next up- presentation...how would you serve these if these were all you were serving?.
Madeleine said:
If you add Tequila, that's easy...in shot glasses.
cheers.gif

Depending on what you're making, DW and I thought something like this would be a good plate filler instead of fruit garnish. Or, if you did a larger version of this in something like a shortcake cup, you could serve it as a starter.
Serving as a starter but making the small ones. How many to serve? What else? Whipped cream?

I wonder how the thicker, creamier Greek yogurts would work? We found a brand of honey-sweetened Greek yogurt that tastes more like créme fraiche than yogurt. We use it as a topping for Strawberries Romanoff. It has a wonderful texture and mouth feel and isn't tart like American plain yogurt..
Proud Texan said:
I wonder how the thicker, creamier Greek yogurts would work? We found a brand of honey-sweetened Greek yogurt that tastes more like créme fraiche than yogurt. We use it as a topping for Strawberries Romanoff. It has a wonderful texture and mouth feel and isn't tart like American plain yogurt.
My thoughts exactly, there are a lot of recipes calling for Greek Yog inlieu of sour cream now too, so I think they would be even BETTER!

You could just simplify this and make panna cotta with a strawberry on top. No need for flavoured brand name gelatin at all.

You could just simplify this and make panna cotta with a strawberry on top. No need for flavoured brand name gelatin at all.

Back