Student Paypal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was sickened last night at a middle school band concert when I was handed a STUDENT PAY PAL brochure. Aimed at TWEENS!
The cover read:
"With a PayPal Student Account, parents can give teens their own spending power"
"Sign up is fast, free and easy." I bet it is too!
"You know how it is—$5 for pizza, $20 for movies, $60 for the latest video game. Like teens' lives, their spending can be pretty scattered. Help them contain the chaos with a new Student Account."

Good grief! I thought it was bad when we were deluged with the credit card tables at university orientation! YIKES!

That's pretty crazy .... although it could be an interesting way to pay an allowance by putting it into a paypal account. I wonder what the thinking is .... if they don't have actual cash in hand they can't use it to buy drugs?? Parents could see/track where their kids money is going??

Jeeez Louse.
Love the "you know how it is" part. Sounds like it was written by a student to send to his own parents!

Yes, they try to make it sound like "you can track their expenses" this way, this is healthier for you and your teen (altho, again it was given to tweens and young teens). The brochure was explaining how this is a great tool to teach them about finances. UGH!
How about You earn you get to keep it.
Or "Mama, what is that big brick building?"
"Oh honey that's just an old bank...we used to use those way back when I was a little girl"
With nothing in stock in stores anymore I said to my Dad this past week "Dad we have returned to Sears and Roebuck!" I remember them buying a washer and dryer from the Sears and Roebuck Catalog when we lived in Julian CA when I was a child. Now whatever we want while there might be a sample or display model in the store (ie tv's, washers) you have to order them in. We have come full circle. (Am I allowed to side track on an OFF TOPIC thread? ha ha)

Yes, they try to make it sound like "you can track their expenses" this way, this is healthier for you and your teen (altho, again it was given to tweens and young teens). The brochure was explaining how this is a great tool to teach them about finances. UGH!
"Oh honey that's just an old bank...we used to use those way back when I was a little girl"
With nothing in stock in stores anymore I said to my Dad this past week "Dad we have returned to Sears and Roebuck!" I remember them buying a washer and dryer from the Sears and Roebuck Catalog when we lived in Julian CA when I was a child. Now whatever we want while there might be a sample or display model in the store (ie tv's, washers) you have to order them in. We have come full circle. (Am I allowed to side track on an OFF TOPIC thread? ha ha).
Joey Bloggs said:
Yes, I think that's a much more effective tool myself.

With nothing in stock in stores anymore I said to my Dad this past week "Dad we have returned to Sears and Roebuck!" I remember them buying a washer and dryer from the Sears and Roebuck Catalog when we lived in Julian CA when I was a child. Now whatever we want while there might be a sample or display model in the store (ie tv's, washers) you have to order them in. We have come full circle. (Am I allowed to side track on an OFF TOPIC thread? ha ha).
I remember them buying a washer and dryer from the Sears and Roebuck Catalog
We have totally returned to the Sears Catalog - only now it is called Online Shopping!

Back