Stupid Guest Questions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeannineIrish

Reaction score
Encountered guests as I was fixing breakfast this morning. They were going to go for a walk before breakfast and asked "Do you know what the temperature is?" I told them I hadn't been outside yet or had a chance to check the weather channed. I felt like saying "Did you ever think of sticking you head out the F--- in door to check the temperature?"

Isn't that what we do when we get up early in the morning? (Oh yeah we are preparing their breakfast, I forgot). Aren't we in our pj's watching the weather channel? Some days I want to really give them the answer that is on the tip of my tongue.

See, I'm enough of a smart alek that I would say something like, "Let me check that for you." And then go open the front door & give the report. Or, "you can always check Channel X on your room TV". We have a nice innkeeper here that would print out the forecast for you & put it in the room :)

Isn't that what we do when we get up early in the morning? (Oh yeah we are preparing their breakfast, I forgot). Aren't we in our pj's watching the weather channel? Some days I want to really give them the answer that is on the tip of my tongue..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Isn't that what we do when we get up early in the morning? (Oh yeah we are preparing their breakfast, I forgot). Aren't we in our pj's watching the weather channel? Some days I want to really give them the answer that is on the tip of my tongue.
I am supposed to know the weather (for here and for 150 miles away). I also need to know the 'score'. Hmmmm? And what STATE are you from so I can run down the college scores you MIGHT be talking about??? In 4 years, I still don't know...
I have had the same 'weather' on the bb for the past week...thunderstorms. I have to lower the temp I have posted from 77 to 67. Otherwise, the same forecast...
The one that got me this morning was, 'How many hours to the beach?' I wonder if anyone has ever given any thought to WHY some towns have the names they do?

We have a thermometer right outside the window...in Celsius and Fahrenheit. I can tell anyone the temp in numbers they understand. It comes in handy when guests ask how cold it gets here, or how warm.

We have a thermometer right outside the window...in Celsius and Fahrenheit. I can tell anyone the temp in numbers they understand. It comes in handy when guests ask how cold it gets here, or how warm..
Bree said:
We have a thermometer right outside the window...in Celsius and Fahrenheit. I can tell anyone the temp in numbers they understand. It comes in handy when guests ask how cold it gets here, or how warm.
Weather is relative. (no pun intended).
Remember the couple on the bicycle built for two? I was very eager in my suggesting they get out and on the trail before it got too hot. Ahhhh noooo we're fine, we like the heat. I suggest some trails near the water so they can go for a dip and cool off and keep biking (I guess I suggest things I WOULD DO. But of course I am not them, so they do what THEY want to do).
So they headed out about noonish when it was about 101 degrees - just perfect to have heatstroke. WHATEVER!
You can suggest, but diff strokes for diff folks.
I am that way, get out and do it before people, traffic, heat, anything and everything. The morning bite is always best, the lake is calm for skiing, everything is better in the morning.
I am willing to make earlier breakfasts...You could not pay me to be on a tandem bike in 101 degrees (even if I were the one fake peddling)
wink_smile.gif

Have the weather channel on in the guest area..
We don't have TV's for guests in our B & B.
JeannineIrish said:
Do you have a newspaper? Otherwise I would print out the weekly forecast and leave it in the parlor.
I gave them the newspaper. But as far as printing out the weekly forcast
confused_smile.gif
This is New England where the saying definitely applies that if you don't like the weather stick around an hour it will change.

JeannineIrish said:
Do you have a newspaper? Otherwise I would print out the weekly forecast and leave it in the parlor.
confused_smile.gif
This is New England where the saying definitely applies that if you don't like the weather stick around an hour it will change.
JeannineIrish said:
confused_smile.gif
I know all about that. Our forecast had scattered thunderstorms every day last week. PEOPLE FREAKED, I toldl them, listen a scattered thunderstorm means you see the cloud, you see the lightning, the house next door gets rained on (like a cloudburst) and that is that. It does not mean rain, it does not mean drizzle, it means a a sudden downpour on the spot, whatever the spot is and moves on.
That is a scattered thunderstorm. We have been on the road where one lane it is raining our lane it is not. It is strange, but part of the weather here.

We have a thermometer right outside the window...in Celsius and Fahrenheit. I can tell anyone the temp in numbers they understand. It comes in handy when guests ask how cold it gets here, or how warm..
Bree said:
Weather is relative. (no pun intended).
Remember the couple on the bicycle built for two? I was very eager in my suggesting they get out and on the trail before it got too hot. Ahhhh noooo we're fine, we like the heat. I suggest some trails near the water so they can go for a dip and cool off and keep biking (I guess I suggest things I WOULD DO. But of course I am not them, so they do what THEY want to do).
So they headed out about noonish when it was about 101 degrees - just perfect to have heatstroke. WHATEVER!
You can suggest, but diff strokes for diff folks.
I am that way, get out and do it before people, traffic, heat, anything and everything. The morning bite is always best, the lake is calm for skiing, everything is better in the morning.
I am willing to make earlier breakfasts...You could not pay me to be on a tandem bike in 101 degrees (even if I were the one fake peddling)
wink_smile.gif

This is Texas. It occasionally gets to 110º F here. It's very hot here now. It will be hot until around the the 1st of October. AND we are in the middle of a drought.
So if someone asks, I can safely tell them that it's going to be hot today and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that it will rain. At least the weather is consistent.
cry_smile.gif

Another Stupid question we got alot..."when is the best time to come see the fall colors?" DUH do I look like a forecaster...

Another Stupid question we got alot..."when is the best time to come see the fall colors?" DUH do I look like a forecaster....
catlady said:
Another Stupid question we got alot..."when is the best time to come see the fall colors?" DUH do I look like a forecaster...
Ask them a dumb question back:
THEM: "when is the best time to come see the fall colors?"
YOU: "Here?"
Or if they are leaving for home today, say "Oh, bless yore heart....the fall color starts tomorrow"

JeannineIrish said:
confused_smile.gif
JeannineIrish said:
confused_smile.gif
I know all about that. Our forecast had scattered thunderstorms every day last week. PEOPLE FREAKED, I toldl them, listen a scattered thunderstorm means you see the cloud, you see the lightning, the house next door gets rained on (like a cloudburst) and that is that. It does not mean rain, it does not mean drizzle, it means a a sudden downpour on the spot, whatever the spot is and moves on.
That is a scattered thunderstorm. We have been on the road where one lane it is raining our lane it is not. It is strange, but part of the weather here.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
JeannineIrish said:
confused_smile.gif
I was driving home yesterday and got caught in one of those scattered thunderstorms. By the time I was about a mile from home the it had not even rained yet. Of course it did come later and where my daughter lives about 1/2 hour away, they had tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms. The weather has really been crazy the past couple of days. It is thundering her now and parts of the sky are blue.

Just hung up from a call:
Them: Where are you located?
Me: Are you familiar with X City?
Them: Yes, I am local.
Me: I am ...(name the main street & landmark close to us)
Them: Oh I was looking for something in town.
Me: Sorry, not in town (Sorry can't move it!)
Them: Well do you rent out for overnight guests?
Me: That is what a B&B does, yes! (What a dim-wit)
Them: What are your prices? I see by your website...
Me: So have seen our website?
Them: I am looking at it NOW!
There are some people that just do not deserve to talk!

There are some people that just do not deserve to talk!.
Copperhead said:
There are some people that just do not deserve to talk!
Will you privvy any on the forum to your location? You can email me from my profile. I think you know where I am located before I went underground again.

JeannineIrish said:
confused_smile.gif
People use that saying every place that we've ever lived :) Except in Central TX, I think they said wait 5 minutes. lol!

I have a thermometer outside the kitchen window, and I often step out to get mint sprigs for the fruit parfaits.
Maybe they think you've been out for your morning jog and happen to know the temp...
Stupid questions I've gotten:
"How do you make the drain work?" (Step on it.)
And via cell phone from their room, "How do you turn the shower on." Um... turn it? Either direction, in fact...
=)
Kk.

Back