Suggestion(s) needed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forfeng

Reaction score
Hi All, have kind of an off the wall question for you.
One of my inn clients is doing a lodging package seminar aimed at other innkeepers (disclosure she roped me into helping her with it) and I need some suggestions (if any) of where to post the package so it would get some exposure to other innkeepers aside from on PAII.
We are doing press releases and info to the regular press but I am kind of at a loss as to other avenues, aside from the social media venues to get the word out directly to other inn people. i.e. many of the inns I talk to do/work with browse b&b.coms packages for example, mostly to check out what the competition is doing, but as an innkeeper if you saw something interesting aimed at yourself so to speak, would you read it? This is a bit out of the box in terms of knowing where to advertise in this case for me.
I don't want to post it on the inn forums I belong to, because aside from violating the self promotion rules I think its kind of a cheap and loathsome marketing tactic, the same with DMing all the inns I talk to on twitter. I prefer staying on the "helpful" list :)
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

An educational seminar for innkeepers - that seems to be what you're promoting, right? - would be perfectly appropriate to be listed on this forum. Even a special lodging promotion - an innkeepers' getaway, maybe - would still be okay. If it's helpful to innkeepers, list it!
Our state association would list it - we have a section for upcoming seminars and conferences.

An educational seminar for innkeepers - that seems to be what you're promoting, right? - would be perfectly appropriate to be listed on this forum. Even a special lodging promotion - an innkeepers' getaway, maybe - would still be okay. If it's helpful to innkeepers, list it!
Our state association would list it - we have a section for upcoming seminars and conferences..
You guys are awesome!
I am listing it on the NH B&B association site (I run it and she's a member so we can anyway) and will do the other state association sites. Many thanks for the input!!!! The Rosewood wanted to try to get some heads in beds and thought it would be fun to do a more indepth talk then the couple of hour one we had done for the state association last month.
Suggestions on topics are much appreciated, not just for this but for future blog topics as well. Info is on my blog at http://chefforfeng.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/social-media-lodging-package-for-innkeepers-twitter-facebook-and-blogging-oh-my/
I much appreciate you letting me add the info, I didn't want to toe step.

Thank you as well for the facebook ad suggestion, trying to explore the free options on this first, as I'm just trying to cover costs for print materials and overhead, but will run it by the inn to see whether she wants to do some.

Back