Suggestions for Air Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I know air sends me suggestions for how to be a better host including reminding me to clean the space before the guest arrives. Do they send a likewise list of how to be a better guest?
If you have severe food allergies your host should know this before you arrive as they may have prepared a 'local favorite' for breakfast and be insulted if you say you cannot eat it. (Nothing insults me because this is my job. I mean it in the sense if you are staying with a real host family who is all excited to meet someone from a foreign country and serve them local foods.) The host's house may be miles from the nearest store so they cannot get out to get something else for you to eat. Nor can you, the guest, just run down the street to Starbucks in the event your host has nothing you can eat. (The hosts should especially know this if they have asked you TWICE in the email communication.)
C'mon people. This is supposed to be a 'sharing' of experiences. All you're getting is hungry and all I'm getting is frustrated. (And $300.) I guess from now on I ask immediately, before the reservation is made, when I know I have their attention.

You can review the guest and write this all down on the review.

You can review the guest and write this all down on the review..
I've gone to menu planning. Only took me 12 years. So, this guest is getting plain fruit and scrambled eggs. She can't have any of the things I planned.
Just got another one today who just remembered she can't have something in tomorrow's breakfast. Luckily that ingredient goes in last so I scooped out some salsa that doesn't have the mint in it yet.

As soon as I hear the 'ting' on the device indicating an Air guest has booked, I message back the question about food allergies or preferences.

Frustration + $300 - taxes = Innkeeper
wink_smile.gif
Most people don't get paid to be frustrated!
A Facebook friend of my aunt's friend just started renting out a house on air. So she heard all about how they decorated it, so excited, going to be making money, etc…. The other day, "My guests asked for a 1 o'clock check out and being a nice host I let them. It is now 3 o'clock and the maid can't clean because the people are still there!!!!!"
Maybe they are new to air and do not realize that the host can write them up for the world to see…

Back