Suggestions for handling the customer who is as pissy as the day is long?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farmer's Daughter - I concurr - repeat with us "they stay they pay they go away" then go into the kitchen and allow a little Innkeeper Touretts to surface.
smileystooges.gif

Miss Congeniality intercepted me this afternoon when i returned from grocery shopping. She approached my car and seeing the bags of groceries barks 'Got toilet tissue in there? We need more in our room!'.
My head is in the car pulling bags out and although I heard her, I didn't immediately respond. So she ups the volumn....
HELLOOOOOOOO? I'm talking to you!!!
Toilet tissue!...In our room.....Can you do that?
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes....

Miss Congeniality intercepted me this afternoon when i returned from grocery shopping. She approached my car and seeing the bags of groceries barks 'Got toilet tissue in there? We need more in our room!'.
My head is in the car pulling bags out and although I heard her, I didn't immediately respond. So she ups the volumn....
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes.....
The Farmers Daughter said:
I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes....
Oh my. I am channeling Basil Fawlty now...Toilet tissue? Toilet tissue? You need toilet tissue in your room right now? Would that be at this very moment you ungrateful cow? Toilet tissue. (fumbling around in the car) Ah, yes, toilet tissue (Basil starts piling it into the woman's arms) Would this be enough toilet tissue for your oversized bum? You need MORE toilet tissue? (starts throwing it at her as she backs away)
Sybil in the background yelling, 'Basil! Basil!'
Hey, you're not unknowingly on some TV show are you? This is beyond rude, this is bordering on scripted.

I wonder if a double roll of 2 ply will fit in that big mouth of hers. I can not wait til this woman leaves...counting down the minutes.....
Oh my. I am channeling Basil Fawlty now...Toilet tissue? Toilet tissue? You need toilet tissue in your room right now? Would that be at this very moment you ungrateful cow? Toilet tissue. (fumbling around in the car) Ah, yes, toilet tissue (Basil starts piling it into the woman's arms) Would this be enough toilet tissue for your oversized bum? You need MORE toilet tissue? (starts throwing it at her as she backs away)
Hey, you're not unknowingly on some TV show are you? This is beyond rude, this is bordering on scripted.
Bree said:
OMG! You are killing me!!!
59395.gif
I
ts funny, cuz its true! I love Faulty Towers and I can really relate to some of it. Poor Manuel...he's my favorite (probably because I can relate to him best
icon_rolleyes.gif
.)

Oh my!!! If I had been you with TP in tow, it would have taken all of my willpower NOT to toss one right at her. So sorry that you must deal with this BIT huh, I mean witch.

Oh my!!! If I had been you with TP in tow, it would have taken all of my willpower NOT to toss one right at her. So sorry that you must deal with this BIT huh, I mean witch.
Copperhead said:
It's ok...you can say it...she exemplifies the term in the truest sense.
I hope they leave before
716557.gif

Copperhead said:
I hope they leave before
716557.gif
At least you haven't lost your sence of humor yet... Oh, I would make sure there were a couple of extra TP rolls in her room as you know she must be full of it!

why did you not answer her?
please please please do not let this person's bad manners and bad attitude infect you.
tonite is basically 'hump' nite, like they say wednesday is hump day being in the middle of the work week. her stay with you is almost half over.
is there anyone that can stand in for you during face time like at breakfast so you can take a break from this woman so you don't blow your stack? i am in massachusetts. if i am near you, i will come stand in for you! she is going to 'punish' you, isn't she?

please please please do not let this person's bad manners and bad attitude infect you.
tonite is basically 'hump' nite, like they say wednesday is hump day being in the middle of the work week. her stay with you is almost half over.
is there anyone that can stand in for you during face time like at breakfast so you can take a break from this woman so you don't blow your stack? i am in massachusetts. if i am near you, i will come stand in for you! she is going to 'punish' you, isn't she?.
seashanty said:
I didn't have the opportunity as I was mostly in the car getting the grocery bags out. As soon as I was able to extract myself and stand upright, I certainly intended to reply.
is there anyone that can stand in for you during face time like at breakfast so you can take a break from this woman so you don't blow your stack? i am in massachusetts. if i am near you, i will come stand in for you! she is going to 'punish' you, isn't she?
LOL! No, I don't think she will retaliate. I've made friends with her husband who is in the nursery business. We've spent a good deal of time discussing landscaping. Now that I think about it, he seems to spend a lot of time away from her. She's inside, he's outside....hummm ...interesting. If this is her nature, I sure feel sorry for him.
I'll bet there will be a breakfast story to tell tomorrow too, and yes, I will be serving.
894581.gif

Copperhead said:
I hope they leave before
716557.gif
At least you haven't lost your sence of humor yet... Oh, I would make sure there were a couple of extra TP rolls in her room as you know she must be full of it!
Copperhead said:
She'd probably take the extra rolls home with her thinking if they were in her room they were hers to take
sad_smile.gif

They are miserable for being "forced" to come there after all and arrived early and no one was there. Bless their hearts...
Kill them with kindness and see what happens :).
Samster said:
They are miserable for being "forced" to come there after all and arrived early and no one was there. Bless their hearts...
Kill them with kindness and see what happens :)
Totally agree with Samster... Kill them with kindness.....
They are doing that in purpose to upset you. Don't let it show....

I served beautiful fresh fruit parfaits for our fruit course this morning. As I was setting one down in front of Mrs. Snarky, she exclaims
'For someone as blond as you, you sure do try hard.'
337174.gif
428773.gif

I served beautiful fresh fruit parfaits for our fruit course this morning. As I was setting one down in front of Mrs. Snarky, she exclaims
337174.gif
428773.gif
We have had so very few deliberately obnoxious guests that this is hard to fathom. I have had a couple of instances to use this line when a guest has been deliberately rude, 'Oooh, I wouldn't say that about the person making your breakfast.' Big smile.
However, in your case, I'd just go with the big smile and say, 'Why thank you!' and walk away. What she said doesn't even make any sense at all.

337174.gif
428773.gif
We have had so very few deliberately obnoxious guests that this is hard to fathom. I have had a couple of instances to use this line when a guest has been deliberately rude, 'Oooh, I wouldn't say that about the person making your breakfast.' Big smile.
However, in your case, I'd just go with the big smile and say, 'Why thank you!' and walk away. What she said doesn't even make any sense at all.
Bree said:
I took her meaning to the old steriotype that blonds are dumb, incapable, blah, blah, blah.
There is a plus side.
They are leaving 1 day early (today...yippee!!!!) They have a rental with a plumbing problem that they must deal with immediately.
Can you imagine her as a landlord? I would rather live in a van down by the river.
2 hours to go
519237.gif

337174.gif
428773.gif
Bree said:
I took her meaning to the old steriotype that blonds are dumb, incapable, blah, blah, blah.
There is a plus side.
They are leaving 1 day early (today...yippee!!!!) They have a rental with a plumbing problem that they must deal with immediately.
Can you imagine her as a landlord? I would rather live in a van down by the river.
2 hours to go
519237.gif

So, are they going to try to get their money back for the one night? It's not really over until they drive away. Hopefully they paid on check-in.
Do you want to bet they're leaving because she can't get a rise out of you and he's tired of listening to it?

337174.gif
428773.gif
Bree said:
There is a plus side.
2 hours to go
519237.gif

So, are they going to try to get their money back for the one night? It's not really over until they drive away. Hopefully they paid on check-in.
Do you want to bet they're leaving because she can't get a rise out of you and he's tired of listening to it?
Bree said:
No money back. They were charged in June. These are the people who booked and cancelled. I charged them and gave them a voucher. They rebooked and the day before their arrival, they tried to move the reservation. I told them no. That's how the whole thing started.

337174.gif
428773.gif
Bree said:
There is a plus side.
2 hours to go
519237.gif

Bree said:
No money back. They were charged in June. These are the people who booked and cancelled. I charged them and gave them a voucher. They rebooked and the day before their arrival, they tried to move the reservation. I told them no. That's how the whole thing started.
Bree said:
I know who they are. That's not going to stop them trying to get a refund on a voucher for a cancellation that was paid for last month. That's why I said it's not over until they drive away. And even then they sound like real losers.

Thanks everyone for your support through out this. I keep running back and forth from the table to the computer. I'll let you know what happens.

337174.gif
428773.gif
I have a hard time even imagining a guest saying something like that.

Back