Suite Repose Bathrobes?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Has anyone bought anything from this company? What do you think? How are the prices?

I ordered one to check it out. Sent another order for more 4 more and then a third order to fill out the guest room closerts. I have 2 XL and 1 XXL robes in each closet. They were $65 each and they will make whatever outer shell color you want (silky jersey I think outer shell - elegant looking) with a thin terry type inner of whatever color you want. I got Burgundy/burgundy because of "bleed" onto a lighter color from the burgundy that is "my" color (otherwise would have had pink inner). They wash up very nicely and dry quickly - on the line or in the dryer.
I would give them a high ranking. She does cc and when I said I would prefer to send a check, she shipped and then I got the invoice via e-mail - after the shipment arrived.

One of our innkeeper friends on the other forum ordered them & loved them. They are a bit pricey for me. I've been really happy with the robes from DNJ.

Yes, they cost more than I ever thought I would spend for robes, but I think they will last and they have an elegant look and feel to them that I think raises ME a notch. What I really liked was that I could order 1 at a time and it was considered an order. So many places make you order 6 or mote. When you order the first one, it is sent "on approval" for 30 days then it is retrun it or pay the invoice. I washed it several times in the 30 days. They are "roomy" sizes as opposed to "scimpy" so I expect my XXl to fit my wide loads nicely. Ask me about that at the end of July.

Yes, they cost more than I ever thought I would spend for robes, but I think they will last and they have an elegant look and feel to them that I think raises ME a notch. What I really liked was that I could order 1 at a time and it was considered an order. So many places make you order 6 or mote. When you order the first one, it is sent "on approval" for 30 days then it is retrun it or pay the invoice. I washed it several times in the 30 days. They are "roomy" sizes as opposed to "scimpy" so I expect my XXl to fit my wide loads nicely. Ask me about that at the end of July..
Do you order them for all your rooms? Or just your shared bath rooms. It's a lot different when you have to order a dozen plus robes (which is what I need here) versus just a few!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Yes, they cost more than I ever thought I would spend for robes, but I think they will last and they have an elegant look and feel to them that I think raises ME a notch. What I really liked was that I could order 1 at a time and it was considered an order. So many places make you order 6 or mote. When you order the first one, it is sent "on approval" for 30 days then it is retrun it or pay the invoice. I washed it several times in the 30 days. They are "roomy" sizes as opposed to "scimpy" so I expect my XXl to fit my wide loads nicely. Ask me about that at the end of July..
Do you order them for all your rooms? Or just your shared bath rooms. It's a lot different when you have to order a dozen plus robes (which is what I need here) versus just a few!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I have 2 XL robes and 1 XXL robe in each of my 3 guestrooms. The guests in the room with the ev suite are actually using the robes as much or more than the other rooms. I have a total of 9 robes.
The nice thing was that I could order them 1 room at a time or 1 robe at a time.

I bought the robes from Cypress. First bought terry about 3 years ago. They wash great and look great, but are really heavy and take longer to dry. So last year I bought the waffle weave and love them. They wash well and look great. They dry well and alot faster than the terry. They are also reasonable, under $20 each and roomy. One size fits all and then they have xtra large too. My guests use them alot.

I bought the robes from Cypress. First bought terry about 3 years ago. They wash great and look great, but are really heavy and take longer to dry. So last year I bought the waffle weave and love them. They wash well and look great. They dry well and alot faster than the terry. They are also reasonable, under $20 each and roomy. One size fits all and then they have xtra large too. My guests use them alot..
I paid around $20 each for the waffle weave through DNJ with my monogram...they've held up well. I think Muirford has the same type. I am getting ready to order slippers.

I bought the robes from Cypress. First bought terry about 3 years ago. They wash great and look great, but are really heavy and take longer to dry. So last year I bought the waffle weave and love them. They wash well and look great. They dry well and alot faster than the terry. They are also reasonable, under $20 each and roomy. One size fits all and then they have xtra large too. My guests use them alot..
I paid around $20 each for the waffle weave through DNJ with my monogram...they've held up well. I think Muirford has the same type. I am getting ready to order slippers.
Is it a fair assumption that the waffle weave bathrobes go over well with guests? Everyone who has those robes would buy them again? $20 is right in my price range!

Is it a fair assumption that the waffle weave bathrobes go over well with guests? Everyone who has those robes would buy them again? $20 is right in my price range!
Well, many guests here use them & comment on how nice they are. They're a good weight for our climate here. But you know the folks that might like something different aren't necessarily talking
wink_smile.gif

Well, many guests here use them & comment on how nice they are. They're a good weight for our climate here. But you know the folks that might like something different aren't necessarily talking
wink_smile.gif

Right, but that beats NO comments at all from my guests. I'll look these guys up and get my order in...

OK, I'm at a loss. I went to the DNJ site and found, by accident, the waffle robes. It looks like the minimum order is 12. However, I now cannot find them again. Searching on 'bathrobes' doesn't show them.
Cypress site...nothing under $50, most everything close to or over $100.
Does anyone have a part number I can search on?

OK, I'm at a loss. I went to the DNJ site and found, by accident, the waffle robes. It looks like the minimum order is 12. However, I now cannot find them again. Searching on 'bathrobes' doesn't show them.
Does anyone have a part number I can search on?.
Call David & he will help you find exactly what you want :)

i had three dozen heavy robes at the inn in maine. from cypress. spa quality, heavy like bathtowels.
yes, three dozen.
started with 20 (maximum occupancy) and then got more because of laundering.
it was expensive but so worth it. this was in 2005, and i got a price break for buying volume.
i loved those bathrobes, with name of the inn on them in royal blue on the pocket. guests loved them, walked around in them, girflriends weekends they would snuggle in the library in them, came to breakfast in them. wedding guests all getting ready, doing each other's hair, would be all around the place in them.
when one got badly stained with hair dye or something, it became mine.
but i would never buy heavy robes again. they took ages to dry. i do mean ages. and you have to wash them between guests. so 3 max in a large capacity washer is a lot of laundry.
go with the thinner robes.
and absolutely get the biggest sizes you can. my daughter is a zero (insane sizing) and she can just wrap a big robe tiightly arounder herself and tie it. but a 4x lady is embarrassed and uncomfortable in a robe she cannot close.

Does anyone have a part number I can search on?.
You have to see the wholesale catalog. Call them or email them for it. It is a pdf they send you.

I have bought more of them - I sold about 8 or so of them last year, also, for $65/each.

I have bought more of them - I sold about 8 or so of them last year, also, for $65/each.
Did you have them monogrammed?

Did you have them monogrammed?
Yes, not with our logo though - just the initials TSI. I don't know whether they would sell better un-monogrammed. Not everybody wants to wear someone else's initials.

Back