Sunday Walk-in

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To quote another inn-mate nothing good comes from a call after 10pm. Also, nothing good comes from a long term stay. They for some reason expect $200 a week. When the rates are $150 a night, not sure how they come to that formulation.

To quote another inn-mate nothing good comes from a call after 10pm. Also, nothing good comes from a long term stay. They for some reason expect $200 a week. When the rates are $150 a night, not sure how they come to that formulation..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
To quote another inn-mate nothing good comes from a call after 10pm. Also, nothing good comes from a long term stay. They for some reason expect $200 a week. When the rates are $150 a night, not sure how they come to that formulation.
I think they assume the monthly rental of an apt and divide by 4. Voila! A room at a B&B/Hotel/Inn will be $200 because it can't, certainly, be more than renting an entire apt, can it?

Also, if someone is shopping purely based on price then they deserve what they get at the place that is willing to be the cheapest! Ha, I answered my own question at the tippy top of this thread...NO DISCOUNTS!

Also, if someone is shopping purely based on price then they deserve what they get at the place that is willing to be the cheapest! Ha, I answered my own question at the tippy top of this thread...NO DISCOUNTS!.
InnsiderInfo said:
Also, if someone is shopping purely based on price then they deserve what they get at the place that is willing to be the cheapest! Ha, I answered my own question at the tippy top of this thread...NO DISCOUNTS!
I had a rez come through online yesterday with the $10 book online discount and in the notes section where you put dietary requirements etc, they put: AAA
In that case it is a negative $10, I ADD $10 per night to your room rate!

Also, if someone is shopping purely based on price then they deserve what they get at the place that is willing to be the cheapest! Ha, I answered my own question at the tippy top of this thread...NO DISCOUNTS!.
InnsiderInfo said:
I had a rez come through online yesterday with the $10 book online discount and in the notes section where you put dietary requirements etc, they put: AAA
Tee hee hee!

Talking about long-term arrangements.... we had someone wanting 6 wks when we first opened and was willing to pay to going rate after showing him our rooms, but we turned him down... after 2 weeks, he would want a coffee maker in his room, wk 3-4 - he'd want a microwave and then we'd have problems with vermin, food spills, etc - it just didn't seem worth it to us. And to be tied down to the place for 6 wks was a bit long. (we still have plans on turning our out building back into a long term unit - one of these days) Now, we do take med students for 4-6 wks but they're only here during the week and do not provide breakfast. Haven't had too many students because of the school's funding but all we have had were great.
We've had calls for construction crews.... wanting lodging for 30-45 people... well, they were calling the wrong place, obviously!

InnsiderInfo said:
Same deal here. Gave $15 off/night and was asked if there is a senior discount on top of that.

InnsiderInfo said:
Same deal here. Gave $15 off/night and was asked if there is a senior discount on top of that.
Try a 15 PERCENT discount and then someone asks for a AAA discount on top of that.
My answer is always, "Sure, if I had a AAA discount, I'd give it to you but it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less!" tee hee hee....

Back