SUNSHINE changed her website... slightly...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
OK... I have made some changes... A special and public Thank you to Catlady who redesigned my header!
Thank you ALL for all your suggestions! I am still making changes, but this is all I had time to do... Will do more later! Still checking out best rez system for us.

good for you!
small changes can make big differences. most important is your online availability calendar ... and then online booking ... please give that your time right now. i realize you are very busy with all kinds of things.
we are all pulling for you!

Much better looking! I do have one nit to pick...with the color of your background, your address & phone number disappear. If those were the same color as the links below, they would be more noticeable.
OK, 2 nits to pick...those 'bars' you have separating your different text areas are too 'blocky'. A simple line across the the screen would do that just as well and not look so industrial.
I don't know how much leeway you have in making chages.
At the bottom of my pages, separating the text from the copyright I did this and have a plain old line:
<hr align="center">
I did my red separator like this, so you can make it as wide or tall as you want and any color you want:
Code:
 <table width="800" bgcolor="#a41b2f">
Code:
     <tr>
       <td height="5">
         </td></tr></table>

Looking great!!! I am so happy about the larger pictures, especially your main house pic on the home page...NOW the pic really draws me in and makes me want to know more.
Remember progress is made in increments and margins, not leaps and bounds...be proud you've accomplished so much in so little time...GOOD WORK!

Much better looking! I do have one nit to pick...with the color of your background, your address & phone number disappear. If those were the same color as the links below, they would be more noticeable.
OK, 2 nits to pick...those 'bars' you have separating your different text areas are too 'blocky'. A simple line across the the screen would do that just as well and not look so industrial.
At the bottom of my pages, separating the text from the copyright I did this and have a plain old line:
<hr align="center">
I did my red separator like this, so you can make it as wide or tall as you want and any color you want:
Code:
Code:
     <tr>
       <td height="5">
         </td></tr></table>
note taken..
But I don't know what all that stuff is at the bottom of your message; what it means.... the stuff between the <and >

Sunshine you got an immediate WOW from me, I hope this brings em on in and keeps em comin'!
Google likes big photos...it will love your site! You have been working hard on it and it shows. Great job! Nice header CL.

<hr align="center">
Code:
Code:
     <tr>
       <td height="5">
         </td></tr></table>
note taken..
But I don't know what all that stuff is at the bottom of your message; what it means.... the stuff between the <and >
I was showing you the code- how to get the single line or the thicker line. It's how I do it. I have no idea if your software works anything like what I do. You may just have 'point and click' where you pick out what you want from a list of things.
How did you put those 'lines' in? That's where you need to look to see how to change them on your site. You could even find an nice curlicue one that matches your new header!

<hr align="center">
Code:
Code:
     <tr>
       <td height="5">
         </td></tr></table>
note taken..
I was showing you the code- how to get the single line or the thicker line. It's how I do it. I have no idea if your software works anything like what I do. You may just have 'point and click' where you pick out what you want from a list of things.
How did you put those 'lines' in? That's where you need to look to see how to change them on your site. You could even find an nice curlicue one that matches your new header!
ok, I'll see what I can do.

This is so much better..but I would prefer to see the info about your inn and photo first. Then put the thing about winning the contest somewhere below. That is taking up precious space at the top. Can you lose the grey line?

Thanks Everyone! It is a "work in progress".
I'll keep at it!.
Sunshine said:
Thanks Everyone! It is a "work in progress".
I'll keep at it!
I'm going to use what you said to beat other innkeepers over the head...if your site needs work, look at all the FREE help you can get here! Everyone is more than happy to chime in with helpful hints, but we need your cooperation!
It can be cruel to hear your baby needs help, but your baby can be fixed. Just ask!
Believe me, my baby was ugly when I first started out. Now I'm kinda proud and very thankful to everyone here who jumped in to help (and beat me over the head...NO, don't do that, do this...etc)
And no one wants all of our sites to look the same, just as good as they can possibly be (on our cheap budgets).

Oh, I just had to take a deep breath when I saw the change! Now that picture just beckons me to come ring that bell and await the pleasent Sunshine to open the door!!!
I have 2 things to add - 1st one is that I agree with CL, move the 'award box' to the bottom. 2) I think you need to increase your font size - a little while not Screaming

Sunshine~ it looks mahvalous, dahhling!
I love the photos now that they are bigger. They are so charming and inviting.
Way to go!!!
BTW, I totally agree with Seashanty about putting online availability and calendar at the top of the list! What a difference a day makes!
Here's to you! (and CL!)
cheers.gif

Way to go!!!
BTW, I totally agree with Seashanty about putting online availability and calendar at the top of the list! What a difference a day makes!
Here's to you! (and CL!)
cheers.gif
Emily Spiers said:
Way to go!!!
Here's to you! (and CL!)
cheers.gif
I am wading through the sea of options out there! I don't want to just blindly chose one. I am really leaning towards the free trial, which will give me an opportunity to determine the best one for me, while still going with something in the mean time...

Still working.... Still a work in progress while still trying to do everything else!!!!! I WILL get there though.
I'm planning to open the third room by Wed! It's already booked.(4 nights to boot)... sight unseen.... (I can't believe that). I still have one set of window treatments to complete, and pictures to get framed and hung! Whew........ OH AND PICTURES TAKEN FOR THE WEBSITE!!! I know, I know.... MAKE THEM BIG ...
teeth_smile.gif

Wow..........that big picture of the house...........awesome
Good idea to move the fish to the bottom.........

I guess it looks great but I have yet to see it....I guess I keep logging on to the forum after you delete the link. Keep improving your site and it will pay off in more guests!

Oh made me SMILE!!!! Esp. the french toast with the fork AND the syrup pouring...great pic!!!!!!
Good work Joey. I love what you wrote there too, very folksy. I'm telling you what, as soon as I get that Kindle the Mitford series is going to be the first thing on it and I'm driving to your place to read 'em on the front porch!!!!!

Back