SuperInn update

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
SuperInn announced they are within months of launching their totally revamped booking site. Looking forward to this as I've been waiting years and was getting ready to bail.

They still have not updated Superinn since this announcement in 2013. Anyone know what happened? Still the same old thing.

They still have not updated Superinn since this announcement in 2013. Anyone know what happened? Still the same old thing..
scrambled_eggs said:
They still have not updated Superinn since this announcement in 2013. Anyone know what happened? Still the same old thing.
I know several inns that have the new version, including us. Call them to get on the migration list. But be prepared, it's a lot of work. And it operates very differently from the old version.

Not familiar with it, but seems a RezKey competitor. Is there any compelling reason to choose SuperInn vs. Rezkey?

Does it work in a way that is better than the old version? Why is it a lot of work if we are already existing customers? If it is that much work I think I might wait until next January when it is very slow and not many reservations are on the books. Undersea…if I was new I would probably go with Reskey but they were not invented back then and I have so much data with Superinn right now.

Does it work in a way that is better than the old version? Why is it a lot of work if we are already existing customers? If it is that much work I think I might wait until next January when it is very slow and not many reservations are on the books. Undersea…if I was new I would probably go with Reskey but they were not invented back then and I have so much data with Superinn right now..
It's very similar to the way rez key works. You can do packages and multiple room bookings at the same time.
It's a much more in depth version than before.
The work that Mort mentioned has to do with the learning process and the migration. It's a different database so you don't get your transaction history.
Your guest data is saved but your upcoming reservations don't migrate.
I would call them to make sure you don't get scheduled for migration mid season.
It's a work in process. I still don't have my gift certificates migrated.
If I hadn't started with them I would have switched.

Does it work in a way that is better than the old version? Why is it a lot of work if we are already existing customers? If it is that much work I think I might wait until next January when it is very slow and not many reservations are on the books. Undersea…if I was new I would probably go with Reskey but they were not invented back then and I have so much data with Superinn right now..
It's very similar to the way rez key works. You can do packages and multiple room bookings at the same time.
It's a much more in depth version than before.
The work that Mort mentioned has to do with the learning process and the migration. It's a different database so you don't get your transaction history.
Your guest data is saved but your upcoming reservations don't migrate.
I would call them to make sure you don't get scheduled for migration mid season.
It's a work in process. I still don't have my gift certificates migrated.
If I hadn't started with them I would have switched.
Thanks for the updated information on this. It is good to know and I will contact them again.

They still have not updated Superinn since this announcement in 2013. Anyone know what happened? Still the same old thing..
scrambled_eggs said:
I know several inns that have the new version, including us. Call them to get on the migration list. But be prepared, it's a lot of work. And it operates very differently from the old version.
Do you like the new Superinn? How much is the monthly fee? I use the old version at $70 a month.

scrambled_eggs said:
Do you like the new Superinn? How much is the monthly fee? I use the old version at $70 a month.
jfs said:
The rate is the same for the new or old version as far as I can see. The new one is, from the office side, a lot more in depth and laid out like hotel software would be. Not everything works right yet. Some very odd things that I keep forgetting to mention like you cannot select the number of guests in the room when you are taking a rez on the phone. You have to go back and fix that later on.
There are quite a lot of things that don't work right, in my opinion, from the guest side. Booking a package is not intuitive at all so most guests still call to do that altho they can see the packages on the booking engine.
I'm not happy with being on the new version for 8 months now and still there are big gaps in the system like gift certificates and having to manually delete cc details. That's a pain.
Will be changing over the winter.

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
I'd agree with that except for the number of times lately that I've seen on here that it is down or doing odd things.
Yes, there seems to be good support but having your rez system down is stressful.
That was my first choice for switching over but now I'm looking around.

I'd say twice a year ResKey has a hiccup for a few hours or less. Not a big deal for me. I wouldn't switch for the world.

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
I'd agree with that except for the number of times lately that I've seen on here that it is down or doing odd things.
Yes, there seems to be good support but having your rez system down is stressful.
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
You know every system has times that they go down. It seems like about a year or so ago ResKey switched to a different server because of an issue that kept reoccurring. (am I remembering correctly?)

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
As i said in another post...stuff happens to EVERYONE! No system is perfect. They know people depend on the software but heck..even FB goes down. No one can be expected to be on 24/7/365. Really!

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
Twice down in a year? Not worried.

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
We have been with them for two years now, converted on November 13th for the coming year. And yes, maybe 3 times down. I remember Weber being down way too frequently, so this should not be a factor. I have probably made at least a dozen requests for enhancements or fixes and John has been quite responsive to. He just needs to realize that he is so successful that he is no longer a one man show.

scrambled_eggs said:
go with reservation key
EmptyNest said:
go with reservation key
I would not consider changing unless they were down once or twice a month and a lot of other things which do not happen. In today's world of tech I am a numbnutz, but back in the day I WAS a programmer (BAL) so I know how a . or a , in the wrong place will be so hard to find and cause SOOOOO much havoc. Because of my programming experience, I got more production out of the computers as a operator than anyone else because I understood how it worked. Which is why I do not mess with the innards of my web site - my knowledge is back in the Stone Age.
That makes me more understanding of the problems but will not keep me from telling him safety features - like messages embedded in problem messages, the need for emergency contact numbers, and perhaps back-up personnel are needed as it impacts OUR livlihoods that we have entrusted to him.

I've never tried Reskey, but we use Rezstream and have been super happy with them. Customer service is impeccable, either by email or phone. I love the cloud based program so I can access it even from work.

scrambled_eggs said:
jfs said:
The rate is the same for the new or old version as far as I can see. The new one is, from the office side, a lot more in depth and laid out like hotel software would be. Not everything works right yet. Some very odd things that I keep forgetting to mention like you cannot select the number of guests in the room when you are taking a rez on the phone. You have to go back and fix that later on.
There are quite a lot of things that don't work right, in my opinion, from the guest side. Booking a package is not intuitive at all so most guests still call to do that altho they can see the packages on the booking engine.
I'm not happy with being on the new version for 8 months now and still there are big gaps in the system like gift certificates and having to manually delete cc details. That's a pain.
Will be changing over the winter.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick with what I am using. We are pretty small.

Back