SuperInn update

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed the date on the original post. I got the updated version 18 months after that. And it still wasn't ready for prime time.
I know folks who are still using the old version.

Just noticed the date on the original post. I got the updated version 18 months after that. And it still wasn't ready for prime time.
I know folks who are still using the old version..
This is why we switched last summer to ResNexus because SupInn at that time told us their first version of the new release wasn't going to work with TripConnect - we've gotten so many reservations through TripConnect it was so worth the switch. I can compete with other properties who have everything on Exp, book ing, Pline, etc. and only pay a tiny click fee. I love it -- it does my pre-arrival and thank you emails saving me tons of time, it has built in yield management and looks really nice for the customer. Since we switched to them, they have upgraded several times adding requests that people made including one of my big ones. They are very responsive which was not the case at SupInn.

Does anyone know if the new Superinn works on an iPad? I'd like to take reservations on an iPad and do anyway with lap top.

Does anyone know if the new Superinn works on an iPad? I'd like to take reservations on an iPad and do anyway with lap top..
scrambled_eggs said:
Does anyone know if the new Superinn works on an iPad? I'd like to take reservations on an iPad and do anyway with lap top.
It's not loaded on your machine, it's web based. You use it thru a browser. That said, booking dot com does not work on my tablet. It should. It doesn't.

Does anyone know if the new Superinn works on an iPad? I'd like to take reservations on an iPad and do anyway with lap top..
scrambled_eggs said:
It's not loaded on your machine, it's web based. You use it thru a browser. That said, booking dot com does not work on my tablet. It should. It doesn't.
I have the old Superinn still and it does not work well on the iPad. The area where you input credit cards is not large enough on the screen and hard to deal with. Was hoping the new version would work better on a iPad or tablet.

scrambled_eggs said:
I have the old Superinn still and it does not work well on the iPad. The area where you input credit cards is not large enough on the screen and hard to deal with. Was hoping the new version would work better on a iPad or tablet.
No. It's still hard to input the data. I can do it, have done it on vacation, but it's not easy. And, you don't even get the same screens on different tablets. Gomez has a BlackBerry and he gets different info than I get on the nexus.

Has anyone tried thinkreservations dot com?
I've heard several innkeepers say they really like it and very reasonably priced...

I've heard several innkeepers say they really like it and very reasonably priced....
It's popular around here. I'm going to get opinions later on to see if I want to switch. Off the top, tho? I don't like the guest interface.
I'm not a fan of the 'keep picking a date until you find an open room' kind of system. Show me a calendar so I can see if anything is open before I start entering info. Or offer it as an alternative after my first date is rejected.

I've heard several innkeepers say they really like it and very reasonably priced....
Our B&B mentors had this and they really liked it. They highly recommended it. We met the developers at the PAII conference in January. Twin brothers who are super nice and all about customer service. When we were looking at a system, it was between Rezstream and Thinkreservations, and we decided that Rezstream had a few features that were already in place when Thinkreservations had them coming. They were a little cheaper than Rezstream, I think $10 per room per month.

What I believe is an important factor when looking at a new system is whether or not the developer is constantly advancing their system to keep up the ever changing technology world.

Being able to communicate with other needed systems today is necessary!
I would defiantly want the system to integrate with things such as TA's tripcon nect, payment systems, and OTA's, whether it be direct or through a channel.
There are many that are providing these options while still being very economical.

It's popular around here. I'm going to get opinions later on to see if I want to switch. Off the top, tho? I don't like the guest interface.
I'm not a fan of the 'keep picking a date until you find an open room' kind of system. Show me a calendar so I can see if anything is open before I start entering info. Or offer it as an alternative after my first date is rejected.
Morticia said:
thumbs_up.gif

Back