Survived our first busy season!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoosewoodInn

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to come in and say hello! I’m still alive and still at it over here. I cannot believe how busy we were for it being our first year. We thought we would be struggling to convince people to give us a shot but holy cow. We were totally full all day every day for months. Now the tourist season is winding down up here in Michigan’s upper peninsula. Right now people are visiting to see the fall color change, and most of the other places to stay in town will be shutting down within the next few weeks. Then it will just be us and very few others open for the winter!

Thanks to this forum for letting me vent as I slowly get used to all the crazy and gross things we see in this line of work, and to those of you offering advice and guidance!

October 12th will be our first day off since May 12th! Looking forward to it. I still can’t fathom having to add breakfast in the mix. You bed and breakfasters have my utmost respect.

Happy fall!

Congrats~ Here's hoping to many more.
Hopefully you've got everyone's email addresses and you can reach out the them encouraging them to make future visits!

Congratulations! Just remember this is the industry that is feast and famish. Save your rich windfall money for the lean months. Set aside money for your taxes, bills, etc. in the winter months before planning on going on vacation.

Congrats on making it through your first season. The favorite saying in the business community here comes from Game of Thrones: "Winter is coming" and that means slow times. Luckily I was still working our first season, so winter was not bad, but we struggled a bit our second winter. Hard lessons are the ones that stick the most.

Back