Swiffer ....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
OK - so I'm sure I'm the only dumb-ass that hasn't figured this one out .... but just in case ....
I really love Swiffers - they get the job done, but the replacement cloths aren't cheap. My cleaning cloths consist, almost entirely, of old guest facecloths which fit beautifully onto a Swiffer. I can use them damp, with bleach, with hardwood floor cleaner .... use as many as I want and just throw them all in the laundry. I know their are other "systems" out there that come with washable, reusable cloths, but I love the fact I can use something I already have with cloths that will never be in short supply.

Yup, I do the same thing. I find they can be a little heavy (the cloths) when wet, so I usually just use them for dusting under the beds. I have one of those reusable wet 'systems' with a really nice microfiber head that has been thru the wash a LOT, bleach and all, and it still works great.
I do have one of those 'magic' cloths that is very lightweight that I can pop onto the swiffer head for damp mopping, but I'm too aggressive with the mopping and I've bent the Swiffer handle!
I also like not putting all the smelly chemical stuff on the floors, altho I think most of it is alcohol in the Swiffer.

So what you are saying is what would everyone use as a washable swiffer cloth that is lightweight yet absorbent?
Please share I would like to know as well. THANKS!

So what you are saying is what would everyone use as a washable swiffer cloth that is lightweight yet absorbent?
Please share I would like to know as well. THANKS!.
Those 'magic' cloths are lightweight enough for the old-type Swiffer handle. Facecloths are too heavy.

Please share I would like to know as well. THANKS!.
Those 'magic' cloths are lightweight enough for the old-type Swiffer handle. Facecloths are too heavy.
Well - as my DH likes to point out, I am a savage (ie - I don't treat things gently). BUT my Swiffer handle has (so far) stood up my use and abuse although I agree, the bending and swaying worries me). What I've found is that the face cloths, when REALLY shoved into the holes, hold up perfectly - maybe because they are thick enough to grab hold (as I said .... so far).

this is so funny ... i thought i was the only one doing this. but of course not!
i used my dad's old cotton, pocket handkerchiefs with the swiffer ... and sheets that had gone into the 'rag bag' cut down to size ...

In Miami, folks use the "Cuban broom." It's basically a "T" made of 1" or so in diameter wooden dowels. They throw a damp towel on the floor, put the top of the "T" on the floor and push it around. That's about as simple as I've ever seen.

Great idea! I can use my dining napkins that have holes for the same thing! I hate the idea of the swiffer cloths going into landfills and this will work for me too I bet!
Riki

Back