T/A Still Trying...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Anyone else get this new attempt from T/A? "Please feel free to schedule a convenient time on my calendar to connect."
NOPE!
Or maybe they are emailing me, since I have marked all their phone numbers as telemarketers and my phone's software automatically just hangs up on them. I'm so thankful for Hiya!

Does anyone even use TA anymore?.
Hillbilly said:
Does anyone even use TA anymore?
I never stay at a hotel unless I check it on TA. But lately I'm going with Air more and more because I'm usually traveling with friends & family and we can get a whole multi-bedroom house or apartment with multiple bathrooms and a kitchen for a LOT less than we could get multiple hotel rooms or multiple rooms at a traditional B&B.

If I'm traveling alone, it's for business so I need to be downtown, and I check TA and pick a hotel based on location and reviews.

Hillbilly said:
I never stay at a hotel unless I check it on TA. But lately I'm going with Air more and more because I'm usually traveling with friends & family and we can get a whole multi-bedroom house or apartment with multiple bathrooms and a kitchen for a LOT less than we could get multiple hotel rooms or multiple rooms at a traditional B&B.

If I'm traveling alone, it's for business so I need to be downtown, and I check TA and pick a hotel based on location and reviews.
Wouldn't catch me dead in an Air... all the horror stories about being charged for things, all the worries. I'm on vacation, I want it worry free.

Hillbilly said:

Wouldn't catch me dead in an Air... all the horror stories about being charged for things, all the worries. I'm on vacation, I want it worry free.
Generic said:
Just read the reviews before booking. If they have lots of reviews and all their reviews are glowing, I wouldn't worry about horror stories. I've had nothing but excellent experiences so far, and can usually find a really nice place right in the heart of the area I'm wanting to stay in.

I've never found one that provides breakfast, of course. The "BNB" in their name means nothing. All I've stayed in have been self-check in, never meet the owner, and that's how I like it!

Hillbilly said:

Generic said:
Just read the reviews before booking. If they have lots of reviews and all their reviews are glowing, I wouldn't worry about horror stories. I've had nothing but excellent experiences so far, and can usually find a really nice place right in the heart of the area I'm wanting to stay in.

I've never found one that provides breakfast, of course. The "BNB" in their name means nothing. All I've stayed in have been self-check in, never meet the owner, and that's how I like it!
We've stayed in some really unusual places from Air, all lovely, including a pod on The Isle Of Harris, overlooking the bay and the town of Stornoway and a 6 birth caravan on the cliffs overlooking the beach on Orkney.

Hillbilly said:

Generic said:

I just got finished reading another horror story on the owner giving them a horrible rating because they didn't leave the place immaculate, even though they have a $130 cleaning fee. Until the caveat emptor part of this is worked out, I'll stick to places where they make my bed and I just leave the room at the end of the stay.

Back