TA Badges

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBBoB

Reaction score
There has been some discussion about adding the TA badge on websites that link back to the TA reviews for the respective B&B. Some owners have taken it off. Some owners are keeping it on. Is there a definitive opinion out there on this? Thanks for your thoughts on this.
BBBob

BBBBoB said:
Is there a definitive opinion out there on this?
BBBob
You've come to the wrong place for 'definitive'. But we'll probably hash it all out for you!

I have a link on my website that goes to my reviews. I want people to see that I've been voted #1 in my town! Now, when I get a bad review, it will be a different story. LOL

The sites I do are keeping it on. They want people to see their reviews. Just like folks are putting on their bandb.com review widgets.

I have it on. But not on the homepage, a bit further in. I did have it on the home page, spawning a new window and all that so I don't lose the guest over there... I will say that MAJORITY of our guests DID click and read.

I have it on. But not on the homepage, a bit further in. I did have it on the home page, spawning a new window and all that so I don't lose the guest over there... I will say that MAJORITY of our guests DID click and read..
Joey Bloggs said:
I will say that MAJORITY of our guests DID click and read.
That is what I was curious about. It appears from your experience they are doing their "due diligence"
BBBBob

My opinion may be different because I'm not #1 in my town. I do have the link, not on the home page, but I think it goes more in reverse. Guests see my website and then launch TA on their own to see the reviews.

Yeah I am #1 of #1, it is kind of embarrassing to read that. Would be worse to be #2 of #1 though.
cry_smile.gif

Not showing them as of now but do have b&b.com's showing, but not on home page. It is nothing to do with the reviews, I just feel it will be over kill. Those that know about TA and want to check me out, they will with or without my link to it.
I am #1 on TA for my area - the other 2 have been closed for 5 & 10 years respectively... sure would be bad if I was #2 then wouldn't it?!

Not showing them as of now but do have b&b.com's showing, but not on home page. It is nothing to do with the reviews, I just feel it will be over kill. Those that know about TA and want to check me out, they will with or without my link to it.
I am #1 on TA for my area - the other 2 have been closed for 5 & 10 years respectively... sure would be bad if I was #2 then wouldn't it?!.
I am consistently listed lower on Yahoo travel than quite a number of places that have been closed for 6 years or more. Not in reviews, but if you're looking for a place to stay in this town.

I am #1 on TA for my area - the other 2 have been closed for 5 & 10 years respectively... sure would be bad if I was #2 then wouldn't it?!.
I am consistently listed lower on Yahoo travel than quite a number of places that have been closed for 6 years or more. Not in reviews, but if you're looking for a place to stay in this town.
One of the 2 places still has their website up, but now it has google ads all over around the same text. This is how they stay up in the rankings I guess is because of the ads. I do not know if the owners still own the site or if it has been taken over get enough click thrus off the site to keep it up.
We get a lot of guets ask us why the site is still up. Uh, don't ask me. You would think they would have removed the personal data from the listing, but no the phone number & address are still showing.

You might contact Yahoo directly, either through email or if there is a "report" link.. (sometimes hard to find, but may be possible). Explain which places are closed and see if there is any way of removing those or weighting the differently in the search.. (since their search engine is not "helping" people by listing inaccurate info). Just a thought..

Back