TA - Business listing study

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score

tripadvisor4biz.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/independent-study-reports-that-varden-hotel-sees-50-in-incremental-bookings-for-every-dollar-spent-on-business-listings-2/

[tr]
In March 2011, Forrester Consulting completed a TripAdvisor-commissioned study for the Varden Hotel, a Business Listings client in Long Beach, California. In "The Total Economic Impact of[/td]
Varden.gif
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
TripAdvisor's Business Listings," Forrester reports that Varden is receiving an average of $50 in incremental bookings for every dollar spent.[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

This article was sent via email from TA. Interesting, a study of ONE boutique hotel in a 'hot spot' for tourist... What! Only $50/$1 - sorry but I think it should be more for them. I would be happy with that ratio but it is not happening here.

This article was sent via email from TA. Interesting, a study of ONE boutique hotel in a 'hot spot' for tourist... What! Only $50/$1 - sorry but I think it should be more for them. I would be happy with that ratio but it is not happening here..
Didn't Mark Twain say something about liars, damned liars and statisticians?

They pick and choose who they were going to present. You don't think they were going to represent the B&Bs who haven't really seen any real incrimental business from the link. My traffic didn't increase significantly at all. And per dollar, they amount of traffic that I got was actually quite expensive. Funny, though.... restaurants get a link free.

This article was sent via email from TA. Interesting, a study of ONE boutique hotel in a 'hot spot' for tourist... What! Only $50/$1 - sorry but I think it should be more for them. I would be happy with that ratio but it is not happening here..
Innkeep said:
cheers.gif

Did they leave off the ususal disclaimer " Featured results may not be typical, actual resuts may vary?"

Trip Advisor is our bête noir. Not because we get bad reviews--all our reviews are stellar--but because if we were to get an unfair review, we would have little or no recourse to correct it, except posting a response.
This is why it makes me so crazy that TA is trying to establish another income center by getting innkeepers to sign on. Guess what? Trip Advisor is not a marketing tool. It is a review site. Good for it. We'll stand by our reviews. But we'll never give these people a dime because they don't have our best interests at heart. And we understand that. And, frankly, I applaud them that they are staying true to their initial business plan.
But I don't need them to market my good reviews (Google's much better), and I certainly don't plan to pay them for dubious exposure when they refuse to give me recourse in the event of a bad review.
Some marketing consultant convinced TA they could make a lot more money converting their reviews into marketing leverage. But TA isn't going to be happy serving two masters: guests and the folks trying to sell them rooms.
We're content letting TA be TA: we have no intention of leveraging our reviews, and we certainly won't pay TA to do so.
If we get a bad review, we'll deal with it. Certainly, TA won't.

Same here as lodge I would not pay such an unaccountable company a penny! and here one of our national tourism bodies has signed up with them! the accommodation industry is outraged!

I did their survey and told them I absolutely would not pay a fee to anyone who had such little regard for my industry that they do not give equal status to B & B with hotels. No way will I give them one red cent.

Back