TA business rate for next year

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
I got an email stating the rate for next year (auto-billed, so don't forget that if you signed up!) is $495. Has anyone seen any real business from being signed up with them? I've gotten about 10 hits/month from my listing on TA. That's pathetic for the price they charged, given it's the rare guest who says that's where they found us or that they even looked at TA.

Any info on when we can opt out? We better get our heads together and share as sheesh it is already end of Nov.
From my perspective, I have not seen any increase in bookings whatsoever from paying for a link. That is where we stand at this B&B. Pls feel free to share your experience, we said we planned on sharing, but since we need to opt out sooner than later, we better be on the ball.

Any info on when we can opt out? We better get our heads together and share as sheesh it is already end of Nov.
From my perspective, I have not seen any increase in bookings whatsoever from paying for a link. That is where we stand at this B&B. Pls feel free to share your experience, we said we planned on sharing, but since we need to opt out sooner than later, we better be on the ball..
Joey Bloggs said:

It depends, I think, on what date you signed up. I'd give them a month's notice. I have it on my calendar for the beginning of Dec.

mini hijack - BTW I did a TA review yesterday and kept waiting for it to ask for confirmation like it does, and now the review is showing, I never got that email. Mind you, I do have 37 contributions on my user id on TA, so perhaps after 35 they stop asking to verify.
For that ex forum member who accuses innkeepers of writing false reviews of other inns as a favor, mine was no favor, I always review inns and write it like I see it/felt it. Just thought I would clarify that fact, in case she is lurking and reads this, I hope she does see that review and that it is MY REVIEW of that INN. Because I STAYED THERE. :)

mini hijack - BTW I did a TA review yesterday and kept waiting for it to ask for confirmation like it does, and now the review is showing, I never got that email. Mind you, I do have 37 contributions on my user id on TA, so perhaps after 35 they stop asking to verify.
For that ex forum member who accuses innkeepers of writing false reviews of other inns as a favor, mine was no favor, I always review inns and write it like I see it/felt it. Just thought I would clarify that fact, in case she is lurking and reads this, I hope she does see that review and that it is MY REVIEW of that INN. Because I STAYED THERE. :).
I have never had TA ask me to verify the review...B&B.com always does but never TA. One more inconsistency of theirs...

For that ex forum member who accuses innkeepers of writing false reviews of other inns as a favor, mine was no favor, I always review inns and write it like I see it/felt it. Just thought I would clarify that fact, in case she is lurking and reads this, I hope she does see that review and that it is MY REVIEW of that INN. Because I STAYED THERE. :).
I've had TA wait about a week after posting my review before they sent me the confirmation e-mail. That makes it bad because many people use e-mail accounts to post things online that is a second account they don't check often. They would probably pull the review if the confirmation wasn't responded to.

double post.

From my perspective, I have not seen any increase in bookings whatsoever from paying for a link. That is where we stand at this B&B. Pls feel free to share your experience, we said we planned on sharing, but since we need to opt out sooner than later, we better be on the ball..
When I was so generously given the 3-month free listing, I said it had best not have an opt out anywhere because I did not ask to opt in in the first place. As for doing anything? It is WAY down the list for referrals. Because of Thanksgiving, since October (when the TA went in) my top referrer is travelwithkids, followed by Goog, and bnbsforvets - all neck-and-neck BTW. TA is not even in the top 10 (barely made it in the top 20 with 10 referrals to my web site).

When I was so generously given the 3-month free listing, I said it had best not have an opt out anywhere because I did not ask to opt in in the first place. As for doing anything? It is WAY down the list for referrals. Because of Thanksgiving, since October (when the TA went in) my top referrer is travelwithkids, followed by Goog, and bnbsforvets - all neck-and-neck BTW. TA is not even in the top 10 (barely made it in the top 20 with 10 referrals to my web site).
What is travelwithkids? I find an 'about.com' blog called that and some other assorted websites.

What is travelwithkids? I find an 'about.com' blog called that and some other assorted websites.
That is it. it is not a blog though - it is a web site. They posted my Thanksgiving Package a few years ago and I get hits on it every year. I keep hoping for a family to meet in the middle for Christmas since that is my deadest month. Has not happened yet!

Just looked at the stats on it - travelwithkids.about.com

Just looked at the stats on it - travelwithkids.about.com
Yes, that's what I found. Wasn't sure if that was it or not. Not that I want an increase in kid travel. Just wondered what sorts of things they posted on there.

eeek I have to figure out when I bought in. If it's going up I'm outta there, I don't even know if I can afford the $300 - it will depend on when I would be billed.
Riki

eeek I have to figure out when I bought in. If it's going up I'm outta there, I don't even know if I can afford the $300 - it will depend on when I would be billed.
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Joey Bloggs said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Bless you! I am due Jan 20. Since we are building, I don't think I can renew even at $300. Now I have to go and see if they have a due date for cancellation like B&B.com is one month.
Edited to say: I checked the forum and there is a discussion started by TripAdvisor that they have monthly bililng available. In this discussion a B&B complained that they did not want automatic renewal so the TripAdvisor poster said he removed it from their account. I responded asking him to do the same for me as I cannot renew until April. I also asked if it was going to be the original $600 as that would be too rich for my blood. We'll see what he says.
Riki
RIki

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Joey Bloggs said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Bless you! I am due Jan 20. Since we are building, I don't think I can renew even at $300. Now I have to go and see if they have a due date for cancellation like B&B.com is one month.
Edited to say: I checked the forum and there is a discussion started by TripAdvisor that they have monthly bililng available. In this discussion a B&B complained that they did not want automatic renewal so the TripAdvisor poster said he removed it from their account. I responded asking him to do the same for me as I cannot renew until April. I also asked if it was going to be the original $600 as that would be too rich for my blood. We'll see what he says.
Riki
RIki
Which forum had that info from TA about getting off auto-billing?

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Joey Bloggs said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Riki
RIki
Alibi Ike said:
They juste emailed me and asked that if anyone wants to get off the auto-billing to call them.
We have turned off the auto-renewal feature for your Business Listing, so your subscription will expire in January. In the future, you can make these sorts of requests by giving the Business Listings Team a call at 1-866-322-5942.
Riki

Back