TA Drop Down Advertisements

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm not sure how many people have caught this. And I haven't been able to reliably replicate it. But I did catch it today, so I captured it. (I editted a bit to remove any references.)
So, here is the new drop down that TA is using instead of a pop-up. Frankly, I think it is lowering their own value, but what do you think of these ads being placed on your listing? Especially if you are paying for a business listing?
Capture.JPG

I hadn't ever noticed the drop down because it's a permanent fixture on my page. RIght under my info is that box. All the time. Along with ads for other places running down both sides of the listing.

I use firefox and got a popup. we do have a business listing and won't renew. We use TA reviews to build trust in our customer. I think they work well for this so what can you do. The site is horrible.

I have gotten them as well. I use firefox and have a popup blocker and still get this pop over each time I go to TA. It seems it only does it once and if I close it it does not resurface but still it is annoying. I know they advertise within the list if you are looking for all hotels in a given town and on the individual pages near the bottom (just double checked mine).
So while checking my listing - requesting my page, a different pop over came up regarding flights. The first one was exp edia for rooms. Guess they feel it is not really hampering the sell if it is not for the same thing???

Just dropped our TA business listing and got a pro-rated refund. This weekend's guests came from TA after we dropped the listing. We just never got enough click-throughs to justify the listing.

I don't get the drop down box. Some pop ups are blocked...others are not...Need to investigate new firefox more I guess. The thing I noticed is that now TA has removed the dates from the review quotes so you have no idea how old or new they are. It is a pain having to open the review and not knowing that...at least for me.

I don't get the drop down box. Some pop ups are blocked...others are not...Need to investigate new firefox more I guess. The thing I noticed is that now TA has removed the dates from the review quotes so you have no idea how old or new they are. It is a pain having to open the review and not knowing that...at least for me..
I see dates on reviews and there is also sort by date....
One thing new (to me at least) was the red NEW beside new reviews.

I don't get the drop down box. Some pop ups are blocked...others are not...Need to investigate new firefox more I guess. The thing I noticed is that now TA has removed the dates from the review quotes so you have no idea how old or new they are. It is a pain having to open the review and not knowing that...at least for me..
The dates are back. They were gone for 4-5 days.

This isn't a pop-up. It's java. It seems to appear when you scroll down the page a certain distance and then appears and stays at the top. Pop-up blockers won't work on this. Take my word for it, I have it installed. I get it on Chrome and Firefox.

The dates are back. They were gone for 4-5 days.
Hey you are right. I am glad as I found dates to be helpful

This isn't a pop-up. It's java. It seems to appear when you scroll down the page a certain distance and then appears and stays at the top. Pop-up blockers won't work on this. Take my word for it, I have it installed. I get it on Chrome and Firefox.
You are right...today I am getting what you describe. Maybe they were rolling out in sections to different parts of the country/world.

Back