TA Hotel Amenities and Map this Hotel

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I clicked on TA on our listing. Clicked on HOTEL AMENITIES and it shot me over to our listing on BedandBreakfast.com Has it always done this? What happens if you aren't on BandB.com? Have you checked your listing on TA lately?
Clicked on Map this hotel and it shoots you over to expedia.com which shows hotels nearby to check availability and NOT your listing. DOH!!

Samster I checked yours and all three clicks on your listing go to BandB.com
and
You need to put:
#1 B&B in (your town) as voted on Trip Advisor! YOU ROCK!
Put that on your website! DO IT! You have worked hard for that.

Mine shoots over to Expedia.com and not bedandbreakfast.com. I was lisitng rooms on Expedia but I am thinking of giving that up due to the cost and it is hard to have two reservation systems going at once.

Checked mine this AM - and checked 3 times in same visit
Amenities - get Expedia each time
Hotel Pictures - get Hotels.com 1st time, Expedia each additional
Map this Hotel - get Orbitz 1st time, bandb.com 2nd, Expedia 3rd, 4th & 5th (just needed to see)
I am listed on B&B.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com but NOT on Expedia so this sucks!

Map this Hotel - get Orbitz 1st time, bandb.com 2nd, Expedia 3rd, 4th & 5th (just needed to see)
I am listed on B&B.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com but NOT on Expedia so this sucks!.
Copperhead said:
I am not listedon any of those except BandB.com so basically it sends you there to NOT book a room. Well, to book elsewhere...

I am listed on B&B.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com but NOT on Expedia so this sucks!.
Copperhead said:
I am not listedon any of those except BandB.com so basically it sends you there to NOT book a room. Well, to book elsewhere...
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Copperhead said:
Yep and so they get commission....using each of our businesses to reel it in...

Well, that is clearly annoying. It also took me 3 tries to even FIND B&B's.

Mine shoots over to Expedia.com and not bedandbreakfast.com. I was lisitng rooms on Expedia but I am thinking of giving that up due to the cost and it is hard to have two reservation systems going at once..
I just got back from a B&Bworkshop and we were taking about TA, B&B.com, etc...since rezovations bought webervations and are working with B&B.com, they are working on getting the reservation systems combined so we won't have to deal with mltiples anymore. You are right, it is a hassle. Hope it works out for them soon.

Mine shoots over to Expedia.com and not bedandbreakfast.com. I was lisitng rooms on Expedia but I am thinking of giving that up due to the cost and it is hard to have two reservation systems going at once..
I just got back from a B&Bworkshop and we were taking about TA, B&B.com, etc...since rezovations bought webervations and are working with B&B.com, they are working on getting the reservation systems combined so we won't have to deal with mltiples anymore. You are right, it is a hassle. Hope it works out for them soon.
Mooseberry Inn said:
We have been dealing with some of these issues. It is going to become a very big topic at some point.

Hi gang,
In the past, properties could see that Trip Advisor generally did one of two things to “link” to properties. If you were bookable on Expedia or hotels.com (remember that Trip Advisor, Expedia, hotels.com are all owned together), then your links (photos, maps, amenities, book this property, etc.) went to Expedia, or hotels.com, in some cases Venere, perhaps others. If you were not bookable on one of these sites – you might not have had links at all, or they typically went to all other properties around you that were bookable. At no time where there ever any links directly to properties. Trip Advisor has no “self-serve” advertising model and no ability for properties to go in and control those links. They are not equipped to handle thousands and thousands of advertisers like a Google is as a comparison.
We are testing a relationship with Trip Advisor so that rather than having no links to your property at all, or having links that go to all properties on Expedia except yours… they go directly to your detailed listing page on BedandBreakfast.com which includes a link to your website, your phone number, a link to your availability calendar, etc. This is the first feedback that I have seen that has been anything short of a property being thrilled with this since now it is far easier to get to a property’s detailed information and ultimately their website since we've started testing this. I’m surprised to hear that this could be viewed as a negative and I’m not sure how this change could do anything but help B&B’s.

Samster I checked yours and all three clicks on your listing go to BandB.com
and
You need to put:
#1 B&B in (your town) as voted on Trip Advisor! YOU ROCK!
Put that on your website! DO IT! You have worked hard for that.
Shucks, ma'am, it warn't anything.
embaressed_smile.gif
A little birdie told my webmaster to put that on our site & voila! it's there
regular_smile.gif

I did see that with TA about the clicks and the new little amenities key. We don't go to the third party booking sites because remember our city was de-listed from them because of litigation regarding taxes. It's cool that we go to bedandbreakfast.com though, which I much prefer.
Seriously, we've been very blessed with the reviews that our wonderful guests have posted about us.
teeth_smile.gif

Hi gang,
In the past, properties could see that Trip Advisor generally did one of two things to “link” to properties. If you were bookable on Expedia or hotels.com (remember that Trip Advisor, Expedia, hotels.com are all owned together), then your links (photos, maps, amenities, book this property, etc.) went to Expedia, or hotels.com, in some cases Venere, perhaps others. If you were not bookable on one of these sites – you might not have had links at all, or they typically went to all other properties around you that were bookable. At no time where there ever any links directly to properties. Trip Advisor has no “self-serve” advertising model and no ability for properties to go in and control those links. They are not equipped to handle thousands and thousands of advertisers like a Google is as a comparison.
We are testing a relationship with Trip Advisor so that rather than having no links to your property at all, or having links that go to all properties on Expedia except yours… they go directly to your detailed listing page on BedandBreakfast.com which includes a link to your website, your phone number, a link to your availability calendar, etc. This is the first feedback that I have seen that has been anything short of a property being thrilled with this since now it is far easier to get to a property’s detailed information and ultimately their website since we've started testing this. I’m surprised to hear that this could be viewed as a negative and I’m not sure how this change could do anything but help B&B’s..
John, I think the issue was not with your directory but with the third party travel places. A link to that if you didn't list with them could show that you had no availability. THAT is a problem!

Hi gang,
We are testing a relationship with Trip Advisor so that rather than having no links to your property at all, or having links that go to all properties on Expedia except yours… they go directly to your detailed listing page on BedandBreakfast.com which includes a link to your website, your phone number, a link to your availability calendar, etc. This is the first feedback that I have seen that has been anything short of a property being thrilled with this since now it is far easier to get to a property’s detailed information and ultimately their website since we've started testing this. I’m surprised to hear that this could be viewed as a negative and I’m not sure how this change could do anything but help B&B’s..
Just to be clear - as far as we're concerned - that was a huge positive to have our links go to a place where we choose to be and can monitor and manage our image. BIG BIG

Okay - sorry if I misread the situation. There was mention in another thread about filing a grievance against us for these links, so it seemed like some folks were unhappy about them.

John I am not unhappy about the link going to BandB.com but I am about expedia or the others where we are not listed.

Okay - sorry if I misread the situation. There was mention in another thread about filing a grievance against us for these links, so it seemed like some folks were unhappy about them..
I must of missed that. I do think it is becoming a concern for a lot of different industries and folks are starting to get a little upset, hence that article on what the Associated Press is doing.
I am thinking that the proactive way you guys are looking at this is what a lot of these other folks should be doing.

Back