TA review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I think I should respond to this somehow, but I don't know what to say. Can anyone offer suggestions?
"Stayed there recently after checking on Tripadvisor. Lovely old house and very friendly innkeepers. We booked the more expensive Victoria suite, which was very nice, but in my opinion slightly overpriced at a total of $234."
He picked the higer priced room on a Saturday night and did not ask for AAA or AARP or anything. If I remember correctly, he would have qualified for our Procrastinator's Special (20%), but never asked for it. I want to say something, but I don't want to make the guy look like an idiot.
Suggestion one. Just ignore it. They are entitled to their opinion, even if they are wrong. Value means nothing, really. It's in the eye of the beholder. And of course those who get a better deal will be happier.
Suggestion two. You can complain to TA that it violates their rules as having information that isn't relevant, the actual price isn't relevant to a review, just their perception of it. But that's like hitting your head against the wall. They may or they may not remove it.
Suggestion three. Reply and say that you are sorry that they felt that way, that prices vary from season to season, from day to day and there are some group discounts and other discounts from time to time. Basically say sorry to them that they felt that way and tell others about the wonderful discounts that are also available depending on the time and season. But honestly, I wouldn't do this, because it will just open up a can of worms with everyone asking for discounts.

Back