TA sort on review type

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Another TA change that I just noticed is that the reviews are now sortable by number of stars (ie- you can click to read all the bad ones at once rather than having to scroll thru all the reviews) and you can sort reviews by which category the guest chose for their own description (ie- family, business, couples, singles, etc).

That's a nice feature. Good eyes for picking up on it Bree. ;)

They have had that for quite a while, sort by date or ratings, click once it gives the latest dates and highest ratings, click again and it goes the other way. Very handy.

They have had that for quite a while, sort by date or ratings, click once it gives the latest dates and highest ratings, click again and it goes the other way. Very handy..
Joe Bloggs said:
They have had that for quite a while, sort by date or ratings, click once it gives the latest dates and highest ratings, click again and it goes the other way. Very handy.
Nope this is different. There's a little chart with the ratings (5 to 1) and you click on the chart and it pulls all the ratings of that number together so you can read all of them at once. To the right is another list that shows the groups the guests sorted themselves into. You can click on that and read only reviews by business people. Below that is the sort by date/rating.
I'd cut and paste it here but the links would be in there.

They have had that for quite a while, sort by date or ratings, click once it gives the latest dates and highest ratings, click again and it goes the other way. Very handy..
Joe Bloggs said:
Nope this is different. There's a little chart with the ratings (5 to 1) and you click on the chart and it pulls all the ratings of that number together so you can read all of them at once. To the right is another list that shows the groups the guests sorted themselves into. You can click on that and read only reviews by business people. Below that is the sort by date/rating.
YEs they have changed a number of things. THe text for the inn is no longer with the inn picture / address. NOw..I just looked at yours Bree and I see no where to click that it takes me to your bedandbreakfast.com page. NEver mind... I found it..I had to click MAP this hotel and it showed up. BUt this is weird...I clicked on it again..and I got a mapping system from expedia..
Map this hotel for my friends and it doesn't go to BandB.com and they are a listing there...hmmmm Wonder what is happening??

Joe Bloggs said:
YEs they have changed a number of things. THe text for the inn is no longer with the inn picture / address. NOw..I just looked at yours Bree and I see no where to click that it takes me to your bedandbreakfast.com page. NEver mind... I found it..I had to click MAP this hotel and it showed up. BUt this is weird...I clicked on it again..and I got a mapping system from expedia..
Map this hotel for my friends and it doesn't go to BandB.com and they are a listing there...hmmmm Wonder what is happening??
You have to scroll all the way down the right hand panel past all the hotel listings to find the link that goes to bandb.com. That Map this hotel' is set up for Expedia. But you can see on my town's page that the other B&B's get the link near their name that goes back to bandb. All current or former Expedia clients.
Like someone said, once you're in you can't get out.
But, a few months back, my lisitng on TA also went back to bandb.com with the 'Hotel Photos' and 'Amenities' links.

Joe Bloggs said:
You have to scroll all the way down the right hand panel past all the hotel listings to find the link that goes to bandb.com. That Map this hotel' is set up for Expedia. But you can see on my town's page that the other B&B's get the link near their name that goes back to bandb. All current or former Expedia clients.
But, a few months back, my lisitng on TA also went back to bandb.com with the 'Hotel Photos' and 'Amenities' links.
OH...I see it now...right where it says OFFICIAL WEBSITE!!!! NOT!!!!!

Joe Bloggs said:
catlady said:
Yep, hard to find and misleading, I would say. I would not call Bed and Breakfast my official website.
Riki

Joe Bloggs said:
catlady said:
Sadly TripAdvisor has never been known for having accurate / true / non-misleading titles on things they want to push. "Official website" is misleading and foolish on their part.
rolleyes.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
catlady said:
This was brought up in an earlier thread. I have checked mine several times (not in the last week or so thou) and what I found was that they move the links around. One time it will point to bandb and the next to expedia or orbits etc. I guess so each will get click throughs.

Back