TA Widget and Logo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Question - do you think having a TA widget or logo with link on your website and people clicking through will give you any special favoritism with TA?

From what I've seen they will put keywords from your reviews in their listings that come up when those keywords are searched for. However, that is a two-edged sword in case you get someone on a rant who writes something negative.

Do we know anyone who has that on their site already? I used to, back in the day, when we were #1 in my town. Not sure if having the link and the logo helped at all.

I have the widget and link and have no clue if it's helped us. I'm more inclined to think that because we have more reviews, current reviews, and better reviews that is what is giving us any edge
wink_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Question - do you think having a TA widget or logo with link on your website and people clicking through will give you any special favoritism with TA?
Only if it leads to you getting more favorable reviews.

Yes, ha ha you do know someone who has it, I have it on the home page. Claiborne House B&B
I was just wondering if every guest clicked over and read the reviews, would TA think in some sort of way - good client.

I doubt it, especially for B & B's ..I doubt it would do anything. Now maybe for folks listed on Expedia or whatever..they may track them??? I have put it on sites for several folks. Me..I think it just "takes up space" but...if it drives someone to look at good reviews and gets you business..then that is a good thing:)

Yes, ha ha you do know someone who has it, I have it on the home page. Claiborne House B&B
I was just wondering if every guest clicked over and read the reviews, would TA think in some sort of way - good client..
I was just wondering if every guest clicked over and read the reviews, would TA think in some sort of way - good client.
I don't think so only because prudent developers try to avoid methods that can be gamed. It would be a lot of data to track and it would not benefit them to "lift" a property up in this manner. They are only going to sink development time and money into features that they think either benefit their end user (travelers) or their own bottom line. A feature like you are describing would benefit neither of those.

I also have links to TA and my reviews on the bottom of my page.
I do not know if those inparticular made a difference, but I hear all the time that they liked the reviews, that was why they came to me.

Back