Table linens

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Do you use tablecloths? Where do you get them? I am trying to find square, white, cotton tablecloths and all I can find is polyester. I have some of those and they slide right off the tables! A butterfly a mile away produces enough of a breeze to cause them to slide to the floor.
I wouldn't mind a poly-cotton blend but I don't want 100% poly.

I will be using white table clothes and I will be making them as I can't find what I like.
If you can sew a straight line and use an iron it is simple. Most fabric stores and omline fabric stores carry light weight upholstry fabric that is perfect for tablecloths. It drapes nicely and irons and wears well.
Try www.housefabric.com or http://www.warehousefabricsinc.com/TC.html

With a 4-nighter, I have been going through tablecloths like ants at a picnic and too much going on to do laundry. Last night I put a tablecloth down only to find a stain where I could not hide it under anything. I still had material left from my kitchen curtains and laid that bolt on the table, unrolled and cut! I will hem it up later. it is 60 in wide and thinner than I usually use but looks nice. I plan to buy another bolt of fabric and make tablecloths after pricing tablecloths, it will be cheaper.
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/c/605/Fabric-By-The-Bolt-Bolts-of-Fabric

I used placemats. I got tired of tablecloths early on. I also have some of those cork backed type mats with asst. prints that I used. Just wipe off. Easy

OK, everybody, I already make my own decorative table toppers. I want a cheap white tablecloth to go UNDER the decorative one and I'd prefer not to make it myself.

I used placemats. I got tired of tablecloths early on. I also have some of those cork backed type mats with asst. prints that I used. Just wipe off. Easy.
It depends pn the table setting if you can use place mats - even the pretty cloth ones. I do a bit on the elegant side with the chargers, glass knife rests, etc and I do not think placemats would cut it for that. As Weaver said. it is just hemming 2 ends which I can do by hand even (BOTH of my sewing machines are on the fritz and I have no clue where to find a repairman.).

I used placemats. I got tired of tablecloths early on. I also have some of those cork backed type mats with asst. prints that I used. Just wipe off. Easy.
It depends pn the table setting if you can use place mats - even the pretty cloth ones. I do a bit on the elegant side with the chargers, glass knife rests, etc and I do not think placemats would cut it for that. As Weaver said. it is just hemming 2 ends which I can do by hand even (BOTH of my sewing machines are on the fritz and I have no clue where to find a repairman.).
Without also making my own placemats, they won't work. My tables are too narrow and the 18" placemats overlap. I have wonderful placemats that go perfectly with my dining room but they're too dang big! I should just take them apart and sew them together to make a tablecloth out of them.

BTW, thanks for the links, I love having new tablecloths and needed some more fabrics!

BTW, thanks for the links, I love having new tablecloths and needed some more fabrics!.
They hav eeverything from oil cloth to tulle and in all widths. Prices aare great - especially if you hit a sale. I bought 2 bolts when I needed the back cloth for hang paintins last year - $100. My kitchen windows are oddball size - one bolt of fabric was about $60 I think and I got 5 windows and 1 tablecloth so far and material left - do not know how much. Maybe another tablecloth.

OK, everybody, I already make my own decorative table toppers. I want a cheap white tablecloth to go UNDER the decorative one and I'd prefer not to make it myself..
Madeleine said:
OK, everybody, I already make my own decorative table toppers. I want a cheap white tablecloth to go UNDER the decorative one and I'd prefer not to make it myself.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/white-poly-blend-linen-tablecloth-54-x-120/167TCP54120.html
Try these 50/50 and not terribly expensive.
I love this site.

Back