Tablecloths! I am in business...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I got my Mom's sewing machine back from repair Thursday. It is a top of the line Ken more machine from approximately 1953. Today I hemmed the 2 tablecloths I made from the leftover material on the bolt I bought for my kitchen curtains. Today I ordered a bolt of light blue broadcloth (20 yards) to make more tablecloths. The ones I have are getting so tired (and stains here & there) I want to retire them. I just purchased a tablecloth & 8 napkins set that was 1/2 price plus I had a credit that made it about $25. The bolt with shipping is $75. That will make about 7 tablecloths. Woohoo. The light blue will go with all the sets of dishes i have.

thumbs_up.gif

I made 4 new ones for this summer. They really take a beating being in the sun room and getting washed so much. This time around a fun 'travel' print.

In many European cultures a white, or mainly white, tablecloth used to be the standard covering for a dinner table. In the later medieval period spreading a high quality white linen or cotton cloth was an important part of preparing for a feast in a wealthy household.-Tax Tiger

Back