Tablet Friendly Website Tips

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good article, and nothing we don't say about a regular website anyway! K.I.S.S.
As nice as it is to have all these organizations we belong to LOGOS on the site, when I go to a website and find all these 'stinkin' badges' all over it, it has the opposite effect, it makes the inn seem LESS professional. Everyone wants a link back, but how many do we put on our pages and can still keep them clutter free? Only one or two here or there.

As nice as it is to have all these organizations we belong to LOGOS on the site, when I go to a website and find all these 'stinkin' badges' all over it, it has the opposite effect, it makes the inn seem LESS professional. Everyone wants a link back, but how many do we put on our pages and can still keep them clutter free? Only one or two here or there..
I only put important logos of an association, membership on a website. Sorry...Facebook and TA...but those count for something. But all the others who want on a home page...no way. They can go somewhere else. 99% of them do you no good.

As nice as it is to have all these organizations we belong to LOGOS on the site, when I go to a website and find all these 'stinkin' badges' all over it, it has the opposite effect, it makes the inn seem LESS professional. Everyone wants a link back, but how many do we put on our pages and can still keep them clutter free? Only one or two here or there..
I only put important logos of an association, membership on a website. Sorry...Facebook and TA...but those count for something. But all the others who want on a home page...no way. They can go somewhere else. 99% of them do you no good.
catlady said:
I was on a website for a WV 'railroad' inn last week and there must have been over 100 logos on the home page at the bottom. It was such a mess, but the whole website was a cluttered mess, I think that was their thang...

Not a fan of the cluttered badges look, either. There has to be a graceful way to put these out there without making it look like a yard sale. When I first did logos of other places I made them all B&W. The link was there but the logos weren't screaming at viewers to leave my page to go somewhere else.

Yard sale websites. Now that is a great term. And with all the logos all over the place a "Community Yard Sale"

catlady said:
I was on a website for a WV 'railroad' inn last week and there must have been over 100 logos on the home page at the bottom. It was such a mess, but the whole website was a cluttered mess, I think that was their thang...
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
Sad wasn't it. The owner did it herself (as if you could not figure THAT out easily) and is NOT one to take a suggestion. Not a home-grown talent. Imported from a huge city that knows everything and thinks nothing come from anywhere else.

catlady said:
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
Sad wasn't it. The owner did it herself (as if you could not figure THAT out easily) and is NOT one to take a suggestion. Not a home-grown talent. Imported from a huge city that knows everything and thinks nothing come from anywhere else.
OMG...that has to be one of the worst sites I have ever seen. There is not one good thing I can say about it. You would think they would at least look at other sites and see how they should set theirs up. I can only imagine how much business it loses for them. A real shame.

catlady said:
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
OMG...that has to be one of the worst sites I have ever seen. There is not one good thing I can say about it. You would think they would at least look at other sites and see how they should set theirs up. I can only imagine how much business it loses for them. A real shame.
catlady said:
They recently won a contest to have their website redone - it was deemed the worst submitted, and most in need of a makeover. Good luck to those web designers. They have won all sorts of awards in spite of it.

catlady said:
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
catlady said:
They recently won a contest to have their website redone - it was deemed the worst submitted, and most in need of a makeover. Good luck to those web designers. They have won all sorts of awards in spite of it.
Like you said..good luck to those web designers! THe place sits closer to the RR track than the other one we stayed at. How could guests enjoy a good night's sleep there? Maybe ok for wedding receptions / restaurant..what awards???

catlady said:
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
catlady said:
Like you said..good luck to those web designers! THe place sits closer to the RR track than the other one we stayed at. How could guests enjoy a good night's sleep there? Maybe ok for wedding receptions / restaurant..what awards???
Thr tracks are across the road and set back a bit. They specialize in people who love to see & hear trains and 4-wheeler riders.

catlady said:
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
catlady said:
Thr tracks are across the road and set back a bit. They specialize in people who love to see & hear trains and 4-wheeler riders.
Not far enough for me :-( Hey let me know when they get their new site so I can take a look.

Back