Take 10 minutes....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been dealing with chaos for 4 days. I had several months ago scheduled guests for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. My husband then scheduled surgery for Friday. So I had to leave to check guests in. They were late, called, tied up in stop and go traffic on I80. I didn't make it back to talk to Dr. but he called me.
Got calls for reservations while in waiting room. Couldn't take cc info in a public place, so scheduled to do it later in the evening.
Didn't think to ask grandson to come over to sit with husband Friday night. He came over Saturday morning and has been staying. He can get things, or call me if needed. I can still do what needs to be done.
My tooth that broke 6 weeks ago and then broke again 3 weeks ago after cap was put on started to move. So had to go into dental office 2 times Monday.
Contractor in since last monday. When he needs things, he makes a list and I go get things for him every evening. Still need to check in with contractor every morning.
Tuesday morning, I am finally back at work and have grandson staying with husband. Husband is doing well, but on Saturday he couldn't figure out why he was having so much pain when I didn't have any pain when I had a total hip replacement. I asked him why he thought I didn't have any pain with THR. He thought I told him that. Mentioned that to my neice when she called and you don't want to hear what she said. But it made me laugh.
I am glad to be back to work and things settling down. No guests scheduled this week, just catching up laundry.
Used my reservation book friday night when I made the bookings by the telephone. Can't find it this morning, so have to find it tonight first thing. Wonder what list the contractor will leave for me.
Tomorrow is another day. Take dh to doctor apt. He hasn't showered since Friday morning, have to get him in one tonight. Last night he wasn't feeling up to it. Reaction to meds.
Edited to add: Sunday night pulled the pressure bandage off and took the tube out of the surgical area that was delivering pain med. So then he had to rely on oral meds. Reacted to one, other okay..
Whew!! You need to take more than 10 minutes for yourself, that is for sure!! Hope your dh has a successful recuperation. {{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you
heart.gif

I found my reservation book. It had fallen out of my purse in the van between the front seats.
Thank goodness it appeared quickly. You certainly did not need another thing to be concerned about.
May everything from now forward be smooth sailing for you.

Things have settled alot.
I have the suites cleaned, laundry done, etc.
Took dh to doctor Wed. and he starts therapy Monday. He is taking me to work now driving with 1 arm, just up the 2 lane street. I drive everywhere else. Has to wear the sling body wrap all the time for 1-3 months. But now only using pain med when he goes to bed at night. Needs help with shower and some other things. But doing mostly for self. Watched grandkids yesterday. He says that went well. Made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
Contractor has finished tiling new shower, drywalled ceiling and wall for new guest room. Took out a cabinet and countertop and sink in old kitchen. Today is removing cement floor and tile of bathroom and final coat of drywall finish.
This will be the 3rd room when finished. As opposed to our large suites, it is a small room, but large bathroom and large shower (6'x6'). Old kitchen will be new beverage and snack center.
County fair is going on now, so helping with grandkids as needed.
No guests this weekend. Taking one grand to show cat at the fair Saturday. Then want to spend some time cleaning construction area and getting basement cleaned too under the construction.

Back