Take 10 minutes....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
....when you don't think you have 10 minutes to spare.
I have to keep reminding myself of this when I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off! If I would just take a few minutes here & there to have a cup of coffee & put my feet up or sit down and have a cool drink, it would make me feel soooooooooooo much better.
Maybe I need to write myself a note to remind myself to do this when I'm super busy with guests and everything else :) Because when I do it, My day goes a whole lot better!
Any other tricks that help you make it through the day when you are feeling stressed out with the workload??

That is a good one indeed. Lately I find myself checking this board when taking a break. Reading how each of you cope with the stresses you are faced with helps me to know I am not alone, and THAT itself helps loads.
Glad I joined this group of new friends.
teeth_smile.gif

That is a good one indeed. Lately I find myself checking this board when taking a break. Reading how each of you cope with the stresses you are faced with helps me to know I am not alone, and THAT itself helps loads.
Glad I joined this group of new friends.
teeth_smile.gif
Soooooooooo true! This is a great bunch of folks
teeth_smile.gif
We're glad you joined us.
I had a day this week when I realized that I really didn't sit down ALL DAY. Not good..... My dogs were really barking when I finally turned in at midnight
cry_smile.gif

Can't do that kind of stuff like I did when I was younger
sad_smile.gif
Sigh....

I hang out here.
Go for a walk with my good friend. (Much longer than 10 minutes!)

BREATHE. We forget to breathe, we need to stop, and breathe. Not just gasp air as we move ahead.

heh-heh!!! Make a pot of chocolate pudding with DOUBLE butter!!!

I think that if we DO take the 10 minutes we are actually better for our guests and our Inns. I know that sometimes I feel like the only place where I can sit down without feeling like I'm shirking my duties is in the bathroom. But that makes me feel confined.
Sometimes I'll pour tea for myself and my employer and I'll make HER sit down, too, even if it's in the kitchen with dirty breakfast dishes surrounding us! Then we can breathe together and make a game plan for the next chapter of the hour.

I get frustrated when the kids want me to pick them up... then I realize that I really need that 10 minutes you're talking about!
=)
Kk.

BREATHE. We forget to breathe, we need to stop, and breathe. Not just gasp air as we move ahead..
My cell phone banner says "Breathe Deeply"...it's left over from my corporate days when I was always rushing around in my car with 2 cell phones & a pager. It helped!

I have been dealing with chaos for 4 days. I had several months ago scheduled guests for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. My husband then scheduled surgery for Friday. So I had to leave to check guests in. They were late, called, tied up in stop and go traffic on I80. I didn't make it back to talk to Dr. but he called me.
Got calls for reservations while in waiting room. Couldn't take cc info in a public place, so scheduled to do it later in the evening.
Didn't think to ask grandson to come over to sit with husband Friday night. He came over Saturday morning and has been staying. He can get things, or call me if needed. I can still do what needs to be done.
My tooth that broke 6 weeks ago and then broke again 3 weeks ago after cap was put on started to move. So had to go into dental office 2 times Monday.
Contractor in since last monday. When he needs things, he makes a list and I go get things for him every evening. Still need to check in with contractor every morning.
Tuesday morning, I am finally back at work and have grandson staying with husband. Husband is doing well, but on Saturday he couldn't figure out why he was having so much pain when I didn't have any pain when I had a total hip replacement. I asked him why he thought I didn't have any pain with THR. He thought I told him that. Mentioned that to my neice when she called and you don't want to hear what she said. But it made me laugh.
I am glad to be back to work and things settling down. No guests scheduled this week, just catching up laundry.
Used my reservation book friday night when I made the bookings by the telephone. Can't find it this morning, so have to find it tonight first thing. Wonder what list the contractor will leave for me.
Tomorrow is another day. Take dh to doctor apt. He hasn't showered since Friday morning, have to get him in one tonight. Last night he wasn't feeling up to it. Reaction to meds.
Edited to add: Sunday night pulled the pressure bandage off and took the tube out of the surgical area that was delivering pain med. So then he had to rely on oral meds. Reacted to one, other okay.

I have been dealing with chaos for 4 days. I had several months ago scheduled guests for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. My husband then scheduled surgery for Friday. So I had to leave to check guests in. They were late, called, tied up in stop and go traffic on I80. I didn't make it back to talk to Dr. but he called me.
Got calls for reservations while in waiting room. Couldn't take cc info in a public place, so scheduled to do it later in the evening.
Didn't think to ask grandson to come over to sit with husband Friday night. He came over Saturday morning and has been staying. He can get things, or call me if needed. I can still do what needs to be done.
My tooth that broke 6 weeks ago and then broke again 3 weeks ago after cap was put on started to move. So had to go into dental office 2 times Monday.
Contractor in since last monday. When he needs things, he makes a list and I go get things for him every evening. Still need to check in with contractor every morning.
Tuesday morning, I am finally back at work and have grandson staying with husband. Husband is doing well, but on Saturday he couldn't figure out why he was having so much pain when I didn't have any pain when I had a total hip replacement. I asked him why he thought I didn't have any pain with THR. He thought I told him that. Mentioned that to my neice when she called and you don't want to hear what she said. But it made me laugh.
I am glad to be back to work and things settling down. No guests scheduled this week, just catching up laundry.
Used my reservation book friday night when I made the bookings by the telephone. Can't find it this morning, so have to find it tonight first thing. Wonder what list the contractor will leave for me.
Tomorrow is another day. Take dh to doctor apt. He hasn't showered since Friday morning, have to get him in one tonight. Last night he wasn't feeling up to it. Reaction to meds.
Edited to add: Sunday night pulled the pressure bandage off and took the tube out of the surgical area that was delivering pain med. So then he had to rely on oral meds. Reacted to one, other okay..
Whew!! You need to take more than 10 minutes for yourself, that is for sure!! Hope your dh has a successful recuperation. {{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you
heart.gif

Peggy sorry to hear about all the chaos, I hope you can get some time to rest soon and your hubby is back to well soon also!

Edited to add: Sunday night pulled the pressure bandage off and took the tube out of the surgical area that was delivering pain med. So then he had to rely on oral meds. Reacted to one, other okay..
Peggy, All I can say is ((((((((HUGS - big time))))))))) I can totally empathize having been there a year ago myself. DH decided to require a 6-way bypass just as the guests started filling up the rez book that had been almost completely up to then!!
Will pray for strength to cope.

hawley, sorry to hear about all that has happened to you. Hang in there. (like you needed me to tell you that
embaressed_smile.gif
)

Whew!! You need to take more than 10 minutes for yourself, that is for sure!! Hope your dh has a successful recuperation. {{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you
heart.gif

I found my reservation book. It had fallen out of my purse in the van between the front seats.

heart.gif

I found my reservation book. It had fallen out of my purse in the van between the front seats.
Yay!! One less thing to worry about :)

Back