Take the stairs!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You probably can anticipate this "chat, vent, laugh, cry" post. I am not sure about any of your B&B's, but victorians typically have kitchens and living areas downstairs on the main floor, and bedrooms upstairs, as do most all homes. Here is the reservation note:
"NOTE - My mom,may stay with me. She has back problems. Do you all have a ramp that she can use instead of using the stairs?"
Bless her little heart. Can you imagine a ramp going up this steep flight of stairs in this B&B? Would be like a ski ramp in the olympics.
whattha.gif

Ours is 4 flights from top to breakfast room - try imagining a ramp for that!

Kids are not the only ones who say the darndest thigs!

Kids are not the only ones who say the darndest thigs!.
At least she was thinking and trying - Had a mother and son come to stay and I told him when he booked that the two single rooms he had booked were top floor and 3 flights up and then another down for breakfast - yup he said all fine.
They arrived there was no way she was going to make it to the first floor never mind top floor! mind you think he was trying to put her off from ever comming again!

why would you not have an elevator
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
?? Most B&B are in private homes not especially designed structures such hotels- stairs are a part of the life. Want a ramp or elevator - booke darn hotel.

I get this look all the time when people look at the stairs. I swear the picture of my house is a very tall tall townhouse. But no, they imagine that they are somehow on the main floor.
Sometimes I wish I kept a rope and suggest we hoist them up instead... just for the look on their faces when they decide that the stairs are easier.

I get this look all the time when people look at the stairs. I swear the picture of my house is a very tall tall townhouse. But no, they imagine that they are somehow on the main floor.
Sometimes I wish I kept a rope and suggest we hoist them up instead... just for the look on their faces when they decide that the stairs are easier..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Sometimes I wish I kept a rope and suggest we hoist them up instead... just for the look on their faces when they decide that the stairs are easier.
Like the canal houses in Amsterdam! Get a pully system on the outside and haul their a**es up through the window. LOL I would love to see that happen!

Sometimes I wish I kept a rope and suggest we hoist them up instead... just for the look on their faces when they decide that the stairs are easier..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Like the canal houses in Amsterdam! Get a pully system on the outside and haul their a**es up through the window. LOL I would love to see that happen!
So would I, but then I would be the one pulling on the rope.
I had one yesterday who asked about the elevator, to go up one floor. It happens.

Okay I actually giggle snorted to this... I was imagining that if they somehow did get up and then in the morning you could just see them using it as a slide to go down and end up in the dinning room by the time they stop LMAO!

Okay I actually giggle snorted to this... I was imagining that if they somehow did get up and then in the morning you could just see them using it as a slide to go down and end up in the dinning room by the time they stop LMAO!.
Georgia said:
Okay I actually giggle snorted to this... I was imagining that if they somehow did get up and then in the morning you could just see them using it as a slide to go down and end up in the dinning room by the time they stop LMAO!
That would be one way to get them to the table at breakfast time.

Back