Taking advantage of the slow fall season...vacation!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, my foliage season bit the dust this weekend. It's dribs and drabs for the rest of the month. So, we're planning a vacation. We might as well get to see the colors for once! Any suggestions for places we should go? Don't invite me to VA (and you know who you are!) we'll be staying in New England. Probably drive to VT to see the baby, but otherwise we're open for ideas.
Suggest away!

Well, you didn't say don't invite you to Ohio, so I'll invite you here.
wink_smile.gif

Our trees are just coming into full color... will be at their peak in a week or so.
And lots of pretty trees between there and here (Swirt's area).
Too bad Swirt is full for 2008...
=)
Kk.

wink_smile.gif

Our trees are just coming into full color... will be at their peak in a week or so.
=)
Kk..
Unless you & Swirt have both moved to New England...

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
I've never understood why New York was not considered part of New England. There is a York in England just as there is a Hampshire
tounge_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
I've never understood why New York was not considered part of New England. There is a York in England just as there is a Hampshire
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
tounge_smile.gif
It was always 'New York and New England' in history books (written for New Yorkers). So, NY gets to be its own separate entity, whereas all of New England is lumped together. It's more of a 'snobby' NY thing, I think. You can't really lump NY in with the Mid-Atlantic states. So, like the song says, 'The cheese stands alone.'

Some day I hope to get "back east" to see your legendary colors
shades_smile.gif

Yesterday I was tromping around in the hills enjoying our western version. The day started bright and sunny but changes in a hurry here. Some shots from just up the hill
regular_smile.gif

Aspen.jpg

weather%20change.jpg

The%20Rock.jpg

Bree
I'm so sorry - I am seriously "in the weeds" in terms of needing to get things done so I didn't post earlier.
I know we're probably way closer than you had intended, but you would be welcome here in a heartbeat ..... especially now when we'd be able to spend some more time together and I can relax a little more. If you can tag us on to the end or the beginning of your trip, that's fine too.
This week would normally be my inviolable few days off .... but we had a long time repeat guest book that I couldn't turn down and now this week has turned into almost a full house every night. I'm thrilled but heavy hearted too - I really needed these few days. The prospect of a visit from you would go a long way to improving my mood (how's that for a guilt trip)

Come on down to CT. We are nowhere near peak. Plus CT has more to see than just the foliage.
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
tounge_smile.gif

Steve,
Where is Lodi, NY. We make yearly trips to NY either along the Hudson River Valley or along the Erie Canal to Rochester and as far as Buffalo.

No leaves here and we are getting busy. I always love Virginia in the Fall. I know you have some inn-mates there :) Maybe visit your dd too?

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
tounge_smile.gif

Steve,
Where is Lodi, NY. We make yearly trips to NY either along the Hudson River Valley or along the Erie Canal to Rochester and as far as Buffalo.
If you draw a line along the Erie Canal between Rochester and Syracuse and then from the midpoint of that line head 30 minutes due South, you hit the little town of Lodi. (East shore of Seneca Lake). Though in the modern age it is probably easier to see it here.

No leaves here and we are getting busy. I always love Virginia in the Fall. I know you have some inn-mates there :) Maybe visit your dd too?.
One dd lives in VT now, the other lives, well, heck, follow Swirt's map!

Some day I hope to get "back east" to see your legendary colors
shades_smile.gif

Yesterday I was tromping around in the hills enjoying our western version. The day started bright and sunny but changes in a hurry here. Some shots from just up the hill
regular_smile.gif

Aspen.jpg

weather%20change.jpg

The%20Rock.jpg
Those look pretty darn good to me! We have to get back to CO one day soon. Family in Colorado Springs...and we need to visit them:)

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
I'd second that offer, but you already ruled it out ;)

Just dreaming here about all the colorful foliage up in New England. Down here the only thing the trees know is green, brown, bare...
My dream vacation (hope reality some day) is to follow the fall foliage south, but that will be after our innkeeping days are behind us. Sept. & especially Oct. are busy months here with nice weather, cool evenings, comfortable days with less humidity.
Bree - where ever you go relax and enjoy!

Back