Taking charge on I pad

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Does anyone take charge with I pads. This looks like pretty sweet deal. Get rid of land lines and cc machines.

OK, you really HAVE to start reading some of the threads here! In the past 2 weeks, it's been posted 6 ways to Sunday about using Square!

Linda this is what we have been chatting about for several weeks now. Did you miss the thread?? Do a search you will find it.
wink_smile.gif

maybe you didn't realize it's called 'square' ? there's also authorize.net
jb ditched her cc processor a while back ... and others have as well ... search on here for the square thread
also i think there's a thread titled getting rid of the credit card processor and one about getting fed up with cc fees

There are about 10 threads on this topic here if you do a search, with a ton of valuable feedback. Look under Accounting and Policies section.

Linda this is what we have been chatting about for several weeks now. Did you miss the thread?? Do a search you will find it.
wink_smile.gif
I will search. I haven't been on for a while. Thanks to all.

Somehow or another there will always be fees, it does not matter who the provider is, they are bound by Visa/MC rules and fees...none of them are ready to work for free ...

Check out all the new credit card payments from smartphones and tablets while you're at it - Square, Sail, Authorize.net, etc.
This is something that is changing rapidly...

sandynn said:
Does anyone take charge with I pads. This looks like pretty sweet deal. Get rid of land lines and cc machines.
Square up works with any android or iPhone or iPad. I know an innkeeper in Ohio who uses his iPad with Square Up. He loves it., I think I finally "got it" with my new iPhone. My processor has set a minimum for me in fees per month and if I do not meet that minumum, they just take what they need to meet it. - PERIOD! That was the last straw for me. I am telling them to shove it once I KNOW I have the charging on Square Up down pat and I know all checks written onthat account have processed, I will be closing the account with that bank and telling the processor goodbye. Once closed, they cannot dip into my pocket for any more fees when I day goodbye. I am beyond the contract period with them.

Back