Talking about guests on Facebook?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Saw some interesting comments on a fan page the other day by an innkeeper. Innkeeper not happy about behavior of guests and said so. I'm thinking this isn't the wisest move if you want your guests to be fans.

Yep you are right. Innkeeper comments should be positive not negative ones or this may come back to bite them in a big way. Don't they realize what they put in there is for the whole world to see!!!! Dang!

wow, on a fan page, not a personal page? I wouldn't do either one, but it's a really bad idea on a fan page.

wow, on a fan page, not a personal page? I wouldn't do either one, but it's a really bad idea on a fan page..
I think they have both pages as one because there's always a link to some package or other they're running. Unless they put pkgs on their personal page, too.

Absolutely crazy to say negative things about a guest in any public forum. Just inviting trouble.
And if the guest in question doesn't sue, future guests sure aren't going to feel all that comfortable themselves. Who wants to see complaints about themselves on an inn's facebook?
Just crazy to do it.

I live in too small a town to say anything bad about anyone... good training for my online stuff!
=)
Kk.

I live in too small a town to say anything bad about anyone... good training for my online stuff!
=)
Kk..
In a small town, everyone is related to everyone else one way or another - one side of the blanket or the other or else by marriage (often 2 or 3 generations back). An intelligent newcomer smiles at everyone and plays nice.

=)
Kk..
In a small town, everyone is related to everyone else one way or another - one side of the blanket or the other or else by marriage (often 2 or 3 generations back). An intelligent newcomer smiles at everyone and plays nice.
gillumhouse said:
One thing we learned really quickly after buying our b&b is that you can't even talk about the POs over dinner in a restaurant if you live in a smaller town. I was amazed at when we were asked what we did, how many people said "oh, I used to work there", or "my sister/mother/brother" worked there. You just never know!

=)
Kk..
gillumhouse said:
One thing we learned really quickly after buying our b&b is that you can't even talk about the POs over dinner in a restaurant if you live in a smaller town. I was amazed at when we were asked what we did, how many people said "oh, I used to work there", or "my sister/mother/brother" worked there. You just never know!
Some of our guests go out for dinner with the PO's.Unfortunately, I didn't know that until after I made a comment to the guests. Nothing horrible, but when I heard they were going out that night I realized I have to stop that.

Sometimes you just have to wonder if folks actually understand how these intertubes actually work.

Sometimes you just have to wonder if folks actually understand how these intertubes actually work..
Yes, I think people get lulled into a very false sense of anonymity. When I first started looking at Google analytics I was totally blown away but what information is kept and tracked...it's always a good idea to be on your best behavior, you never know who's watching!

reminds me of the innkeepers who posted here briefly. didn't they complain about their guests and their employers on the blog that was linked to the inn?
how's this?
local vet. sometimes at christmas she gives small bonuses to staff, sometimes nothing, sometimes small gifts. a vet tech who has been employed there about 15 years went on facebook to slam the vet, complaining about the 'cheap junkie gift' the vet gave her, and turning it into a personal and professional attack. the vet is a friend of hers on facebook! guess who has been asked to take an unpaid leave of absence from her job because of this? amazing.

Back