Taxes are done

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Taxes are done!! Taxes are done!! Bring me the finest donuts in the land taxes are done!!!!
I feel much better now.

cheers.gif

I am envious. Mine will be down to the wire next week, I'm afraid.

I went to enter my taxes the other night and discovered MONEY was no longer on my computer - software does not transfer when you get a new computer. THEN I discover Microsoft is no longer supporting Money so they offer a free download that will not do any online stuff but I do not care. I just use it to enter my checkbooks and pull the report for my tax person every year. I merily download the program and stay up until 4 AM doing thelargest checking account but was too bleary to do the other. Did it the next day. Go to do the report and NO Report will display - of any kind. So today I go buy the cheapest finance program I can find - Quicken Starter Edition for $30. I fugured worst case - I have to re-enter everything. It imported my money file! So now I am ready to take everything to my tax guru and all I will have to do is sign the forms.
Then I was tearing my hair out because I had de-crapified my desk (almost back to normal today) and could not find the state sales tax form. Tonight I found it - i had used the envelope as a scratch pad. That form is ready to mail (check written) AND I did my City B & O tax form and check. So pleased with myself that I even made pudding for DH!

Corporate taxes are DONE (thanks to the accountant!), but my personal taxes....I see an EXTENSION! in my future, as usual. New deadline...October.

Why do you all wait so long and have that horrible feeling hanging over your heads!! GIT R DONE!
I feel like throwing up if I wait too long.
I know, I am not normal. But why add that stress to your life?

Why do you all wait so long and have that horrible feeling hanging over your heads!! GIT R DONE!
I know, I am not normal. But why add that stress to your life?.
I hate it so bad that I put it off and it does hang over my head. This is why my DH thinks I am so crabby about the last 2 weeks in March because I know it is coming. Every year I think I will be better next year. Well now I am doing the happy dance. I told my class last night that I was done and now I can go on with life. Someone wanted to know if we owed or get back. I told them the accountant has it now and I don't care which way it goes it is done and that is all I care about right now.
regular_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
We always have to wait until late because DH has a partnership that requires a K1 schedule and it is never out before March. But this year the problem was compounded by my computer seizing up last year after I had printed out the taxes for mailing but before I had backed up the files to the disk. So I have been essentially recreating all the depreciation expenses from last year to be able to do this year's taxes. Almost all the renovation we did that was depreciable in the first years ends this year, so it will be the last time we do it. Yay. I think we are owed some money back, too, so I normally would have it done before now.

We got ours done early this year. I really procrastinate doing them most of the time even though I'm just getting all the raw data to our accountant who does the actual tax work. It feels great to have them done early, but will I do that again next year???? Highly doubt it, I'll probably procrastinate again. Hey, at least I'm consistent!
Edited to add: The only reason I got them done early this year is because we'll be leaving on vacation in a few days and I had to get them done and back from the account before we left.
Good news is that we'll be getting some money back for the first time, so it'll help pay for the vacation. Yippee!

I am not the one responsible for filing the taxes or they would be done before the deadline. The other half actually has an accounting degree! Since I do everything else around here, I've drawn a line in the sand about doing the taxes though. I used to stress about it, but I don't anymore.

Why is today (being Friday April 15th) not official tax day - I heard that there is an extension...until Monday the 18th. Can someone explain that to me? It's not like April 15th is falling on a Sat. or Sunday - that would make sense to extend it. Clueless in Michigan!

Why is today (being Friday April 15th) not official tax day - I heard that there is an extension...until Monday the 18th. Can someone explain that to me? It's not like April 15th is falling on a Sat. or Sunday - that would make sense to extend it. Clueless in Michigan!.
April 15 is Emancipation Day, a holiday in Wash DC. So ... next federal business day is April 18.

Why is today (being Friday April 15th) not official tax day - I heard that there is an extension...until Monday the 18th. Can someone explain that to me? It's not like April 15th is falling on a Sat. or Sunday - that would make sense to extend it. Clueless in Michigan!.
April 15 is Emancipation Day, a holiday in Wash DC. So ... next federal business day is April 18.
Tom said:
Isn't that special...wonder how much those 3 days will cost US. (nuff said, offa here bye)

Our taxes (corporate) are due March 15. We've been done for awhile! Personal taxes have an extension here until Tues, the 19th, because Monday is a state holiday. And a big tax processing center is located in the state.

Do you hear the Halleluia Chorus in the background? Mailed them certified today. Another benefit I did not expect nor even consider because I do not expect discounts from friends as I do not believe in stealing anyone's livelihood - when I asked how much she said nothing. She told me I do a lot for her including sit down and shut up (I include that in my job description). I usually get things to her earlier than i did this yera - downloaded free MONEY program refused to give up reports so had to go buy something else. I also have a king-sized case of the blahs and feeling overwhelmed by all the stuff I am expected to handle. I just want to plan my trip and go sit in a corner and suck my thumb. Pussing is in my future tonight, I have already been informed.

Back