Tea drinking

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i drink both coffee AND tea.
i enjoy them both
and, as a guest, i'd probably make you mad if you ask me tonite what i want tomorrow morning because ... i'm not sure.
if i wake up and my stomach feels a little unsettled, i want tea. followed by more tea. and then .... coffee. yup, both.
as for leftover coffee, i set it in the guest library in old carafes for 'laters' or in the fridge for iced coffee in the afternoon.
i also serve it to my blue hydrangeas and other acid loving plants (lupines, spruce trees, rhododendrans, blueberries) and stir the grounds into their soil (especially hostas and lilies) when i have the time. i do it because my grampy taught me to ~ i sure do hope this bit of folksy gardening is correct because my plants seem really happy..
Iced coffee~ great idea! I'll save any that's leftover tomorrow morning and do that.
Bree said:
Iced coffee~ great idea! I'll save any that's leftover tomorrow morning and do that.
You are in Dunkin Do-not land. Every guest from your neck of the woods has five+ DD cups in their vehicle when they pull in. I call it "Coffee with an attitude" order it how you want and they'll give it to you how THEY want to.
From that, I happen to notice many guests in the NE do drink DD iced coffees - the sweetened and milked up variety. I would think it would be a big hit at your place.
Now for me, I actually drink an iced coffee (unsweetened - iced breve) every single morning. Have for about 8 years solid now. I will drink other coffee when I am out, but at home that is my routine and drink of choice.

i enjoy them both
and, as a guest, i'd probably make you mad if you ask me tonite what i want tomorrow morning because ... i'm not sure.
if i wake up and my stomach feels a little unsettled, i want tea. followed by more tea. and then .... coffee. yup, both.
as for leftover coffee, i set it in the guest library in old carafes for 'laters' or in the fridge for iced coffee in the afternoon.
i also serve it to my blue hydrangeas and other acid loving plants (lupines, spruce trees, rhododendrans, blueberries) and stir the grounds into their soil (especially hostas and lilies) when i have the time. i do it because my grampy taught me to ~ i sure do hope this bit of folksy gardening is correct because my plants seem really happy..
Bree said:
You are in Dunkin Do-not land. Every guest from your neck of the woods has five+ DD cups in their vehicle when they pull in. I call it "Coffee with an attitude" order it how you want and they'll give it to you how THEY want to.
From that, I happen to notice many guests in the NE do drink DD iced coffees - the sweetened and milked up variety. I would think it would be a big hit at your place.
Now for me, I actually drink an iced coffee (unsweetened - iced breve) every single morning. Have for about 8 years solid now. I will drink other coffee when I am out, but at home that is my routine and drink of choice.
oh! iced coffee with no sweet, no cream is BRAVE COFFEE
my dad used to drink that.
me, i like a little coffee (preferably hazelnut or toasted almond) with my cream and splenda. someone said i was drinking a coffee milkshake. hmmm

i enjoy them both
Bree said:
I would put it out as plain iced coffee and let the guests tart it up however they want. I did the same for the iced tea. Just tea, here's the fixin's do what you want with them.
Yes, land of DD, but Starbucks is walking distance.

i enjoy them both
Bree said:
oh! iced coffee with no sweet, no cream is BRAVE COFFEE
my dad used to drink that.
me, i like a little coffee (preferably hazelnut or toasted almond) with my cream and splenda. someone said i was drinking a coffee milkshake. hmmm
I am with you. Being a farm girl I only drank milk. Then when I was 36 I worked at a place that you put in coins and a carton of milk dropped down. Next to it was a coffee machine. Hit the button a cup came down and filled up - NO COINS!!! Extra cream & extra sugar!! I learned to drink it. And since I was in the computer room, invariably any time I would fix mtself a cup of coffee, the system needed something! I not only learned to drink coffee, I learned to drink it cold.

Yes, we get our share of the "teaheads" and they drive us nuts because throughout the entire freakin' day I can't wash cups fast enough or fill the damn kettle often enough.
I never realized tea drinkers unlike coffee or other beverage drinkers can't:
a.) reuse a cup even a half hour later
b.) walk to the frickin' sink and refill a tea kettle they keep emptying.
Seriously, I've had them hand me the empty kettle on their way to fill their water bottles at the sink, but think the kettle filling is somehow only the lowly, subservient innkeeper's sworn duty.
c.) are so concerned about caffeine and the evils of coffee, but will drink a dozen cups of a beverage every day that in most cases has as much caffeine in it as coffee.
And don't give me the rigamorole about tea's "health benefits" because we've never seen a one of them refuse a butter filled scone, french toast with carmelized bananas, fistfuls of chocolate chip cookies or any of the myriad of other high fat, luxuriously decadent things we serve here.
Personally, I think its that they know tea is more expensive than coffee and they just want to get their "money's worth' out of their stay. For someone to drink $5 bucks worth of tea in a two night stay versus .50 worth of coffee is just not good budget traveling these days.
Sorry for venting but we have six of them this week and I'm a little worn out from it already. Three more days to go.
They stay. They drink tea. They go away. LOL.
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
They stay. They drink tea. They go away. LOL
Hmmm...this explains a lot-
ProudTexan said:
No coffee?
coffee_cup.gif
What's wrong with these people?
Tea drinker through and through. Have never had a cup of coffee in my 48 years. A source of consternation for my DH.
But I use the same mug all day!
Good for you on the mug! I've had guests sip their tea, be halfway done, decide it's 'cold' and get a new cup and start over. Then again, I've had guests not only use the same mug, they use the same tea bag. I tell them they can have a new one but they insist there's 'plenty of tea' left in the one they have.
Just like in everything else, each person has their own quirk!
I've never had coffee, either, and I'm older than you are...I don't even like the smell of coffee. But we've been down this road before and it leads to no good.
wink_smile.gif

I love the beverage reheat function on my microwave
teeth_smile.gif
I do like the smell of coffee but hate the taste. Even all doctored up with milk and sweet stuff. Mine is hereditary - raised by a single mom, she only drinks tea and so my sister and I only drink tea. My nieces called anything in a mug tea when they were learning to talk. You may be the only other person I know who has never drunk coffee.
Raised from my pre-teens by my Mom also who drank the most rot gut coffee in the world. Blech! So, it tasted really awful to me and I never touched the stuff & I started drinking tea. Switched to herbal and teas without caffeine in my 20s due to a health issue and would sometimes have a coffee or latte or something. It's only with the advent of good tasting decaffeinated coffees (not flavored ones) that I drink more coffee than tea. I think the availability of good coffee beans is a big part of it too. No Maxwell House here!!
But I love tea in the evening and have a nice selection here in the tea box of regular kinds of tea and herbal ones.
I love the smell of coffee brewing and the smell in coffeehouses :p

hmmm ... they drink coffee, they drink tea, then they have to pee and pee ....
sorry ~~~~~ not looking forward to playing chambermaid at a place tomorrow that has had 7 adults and i think 16 children staying this week including at least three in diapers. it's a 'housekeeping cottage' -- meaning kitchen -- but no housekeeping has been going on there! did a mid week quick clean and the bathrooms ( 2.5) were not to be believed. the bedrooms (five) were not much better. i brought in clean garbage pails from storage, put big trash bags in them and put them in 2 bathrooms with a big label on (disposable diapers)
wonder what i'll find tomorrow. get me the respirator!

sorry ~~~~~ not looking forward to playing chambermaid at a place tomorrow that has had 7 adults and i think 16 children staying this week including at least three in diapers. it's a 'housekeeping cottage' -- meaning kitchen -- but no housekeeping has been going on there! did a mid week quick clean and the bathrooms ( 2.5) were not to be believed. the bedrooms (five) were not much better. i brought in clean garbage pails from storage, put big trash bags in them and put them in 2 bathrooms with a big label on (disposable diapers)
wonder what i'll find tomorrow. get me the respirator!.
Oh SS, I feel so sorry for you tomorrow. I have it easy compared to that!!!

wonder what i'll find tomorrow. get me the respirator!.
Holy cow, 16 kids in one house for a week? Yikes. How can 23 people be happy for a week with 2.5 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms? (And I know there are people who live like this everyday of their lives, but this is supposed to be a vacation.)

i enjoy them both
Bree said:
Every guest from your neck of the woods has five+ DD cups in their vehicle when they pull in.
The girls are healthy in your neck of the woods, aren't they? But shouldn't that be 4 DD cups?
lol-053.gif

i'm not sure how many people are there ... three couples have four kids, one has at least three .... but they have hit the jackpot weather wise. it was really hot (for massachusetts) for four days straight and lovely today. all week, very little rain. it's right on the ocean and so they go out the door and onto the beach. there is an amazing ocean breeze that blows right in the screened in porch if you want it to. it's called a cottage, but it's big. i have left messages for a friend to see if she wants to clean with me because it's going to be a big job.
i'm sure they all crammed in to save on expenses. it's a really good deal if you split it up with others. expensive for just one family - in my opinion. lots of sleeping bags on the floor, looks like most of the kids wanted to sleep together ... built a little fort in there. very cute. i'd post a link but i don't have permission.
there is a street fair in town with free music and vendors tonite and the weekend. so they timed it perfectly. they don't have to check out until noon, so they can spend the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the fair if they want to.

i'm not sure how many people are there ... three couples have four kids, one has at least three .... but they have hit the jackpot weather wise. it was really hot (for massachusetts) for four days straight and lovely today. all week, very little rain. it's right on the ocean and so they go out the door and onto the beach. there is an amazing ocean breeze that blows right in the screened in porch if you want it to. it's called a cottage, but it's big. i have left messages for a friend to see if she wants to clean with me because it's going to be a big job.
i'm sure they all crammed in to save on expenses. it's a really good deal if you split it up with others. expensive for just one family - in my opinion. lots of sleeping bags on the floor, looks like most of the kids wanted to sleep together ... built a little fort in there. very cute. i'd post a link but i don't have permission.
there is a street fair in town with free music and vendors tonite and the weekend. so they timed it perfectly. they don't have to check out until noon, so they can spend the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the fair if they want to..
That can work if the kids all like each other and want to camp out in the common space.
My parents rented a beach house for their 50th anniv but there were 7 rooms with 5 bathrooms and we only had 16 people in the house (4 of them kids). But, had you come in to clean mid-week you wouldn't have known anyone was there except in the rooms the kids had! The kitchen was cleaner when we left than when we arrived.

i enjoy them both
Bree said:
I would put it out as plain iced coffee and let the guests tart it up however they want. I did the same for the iced tea. Just tea, here's the fixin's do what you want with them.
Bree said:
And I must say that the few times I have visited your local Starbucks the staff have been VERY friendly!

All the women in my family except for my mother are tea drinkers. We reuse the same cup and occasionally reuse the tea bag. Every afternoon I have a pot of tea and earl grey, lovingly known around here as "The Duke". In another life I would love to have a tea room...

Back