Tea Room Set up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

With a mind toward the amount of work to flip a table..I would eliminate the table decoration down the middle of the table, cover the white cloth with glass that could be "windexed" and forget the candles unless you plan to light them at some point. Without the chair covers, that should keep each table elegant yet simple enough that even a man would consider a bite to eat. Perhaps you could broaden your marketing to LUNCH and tea room. I know DH would not be enticed into a tea room without me dragging him along....he'd be thinking cucumber sandwiches and tea, neither of which he likes. But lunch and tea room brings to mind salads, soups and sandwiches. Lunch he would go for!
we went out to a new restaurant last night - same problem too many "things" on the table small vase with flowers and a candle in a holder etc - we managed ok but the ladies on the table next to us then pulled another table over ie then used 2 tables and smashed the flower vase on the floor as well - don't want to make the same mistake
I agree the tables have to be large enough if you are going to have all that on the tables.

Drippin' Vic Tea Room! Looks like this has been up your sleeve for a while just itching to make it happen.
Just thinking about the two times I was able to get DH into a tea room, both served lunch. The first one was very English style, cute but too girlie for him. The 2nd was more relaxed and had more variety when it came to teas. BOTH of them he left hungry. He said, men need food not crumbs! I tried to get him to go to a 3rd place, but so far it is a no go.
Not only the look but what is placed on those plates will dictate who you will attract. It is fun getting started with a new venture - keep the excitement going.

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

With a mind toward the amount of work to flip a table..I would eliminate the table decoration down the middle of the table, cover the white cloth with glass that could be "windexed" and forget the candles unless you plan to light them at some point. Without the chair covers, that should keep each table elegant yet simple enough that even a man would consider a bite to eat. Perhaps you could broaden your marketing to LUNCH and tea room. I know DH would not be enticed into a tea room without me dragging him along....he'd be thinking cucumber sandwiches and tea, neither of which he likes. But lunch and tea room brings to mind salads, soups and sandwiches. Lunch he would go for!
Silverspoon said:
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

You are reading my mind! yes, we will be serving 'lunch' and offering a traditional victorian tea by reservation only ( I raised boys! When I told one of my sons about doing this he said... "Make sure you offer sandwiches").
The "extras' down the center of the table won't be there. The pic is from a 'Valentiens" dinner we did a few years ago. I am SERIOUSLY considering glass toppers. I mentioned this to my hubby. Depending on the cost!
We can do a laundry service for 20. / week. So I am SERIOUSLY considering that. No washing, drying, IRONING and folding! BIG help!

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

Silverspoon said:
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

You are reading my mind! yes, we will be serving 'lunch' and offering a traditional victorian tea by reservation only ( I raised boys! When I told one of my sons about doing this he said... "Make sure you offer sandwiches").
The "extras' down the center of the table won't be there. The pic is from a 'Valentiens" dinner we did a few years ago. I am SERIOUSLY considering glass toppers. I mentioned this to my hubby. Depending on the cost!
We can do a laundry service for 20. / week. So I am SERIOUSLY considering that. No washing, drying, IRONING and folding! BIG help!
A steal - just for the time it frees up! Do NOT consider - DO IT!!!

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

Silverspoon said:
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

A steal - just for the time it frees up! Do NOT consider - DO IT!!!
most of the places round here use a full (provide sheets etc as well) or part ie wash your stuff service -we tend to have a lof of one nighters and on occasion we have 20 large bags go out - I would have to hire someone virtually full time to keep on top of it - as it is all the dirty sheets go out on a Tuesday and Thursday and come back clean, ironed and folded

Back