Tea Room Set up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
This is what I did for a special dinner we did a couple years ago. I'm going to set it up again like this, only minus the chair covers and the settee will be in anoter room.
med_Tea%20room%20s.jpg

Looks great from what I can see, but with the thumbnail photo it's hard to make out details.

Oooooooooooh Yesssss! Very nice! When ya' got it, flaunt it! You have a place just made for a civilized tea room. Not everybody has something like that. Use it!
Just be prepared for people from the south (not me) to come in and ask for sweet iced tea!

If you want any Victorian Type crockery let me know - my chum has a garage full he will sell at a very reasonable price as they are moving house

I love it! I love the chair covers too. If you keep them you could tie red or bold bows on them as well. I love your curtains too.

If you want any Victorian Type crockery let me know - my chum has a garage full he will sell at a very reasonable price as they are moving house.
If you want any Victorian Type crockery let me know - my chum has a garage full he will sell at a very reasonable price as they are moving house
Where are you?? I thought you were far away and the shipping would be killer???

If you want any Victorian Type crockery let me know - my chum has a garage full he will sell at a very reasonable price as they are moving house.
She is in the UK :)

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Looks lovely. Though I think alot of white. I would take off the chair covers. YOu'll be doing laundry forever.
Yeah, the chair covers look nice, but they slide and move and after one person they are so wrinkled... Not really meant to be used repeatedly.... and if I changed them after ever guest... Wowzzer!! Too much laundry! I used the covers for the dinner because the chairs didn't all match and this was an easy way to make them all look uniform and not haphazardly put together.
I got some more tables and chairs with wooden frame, patted seats and latter backs (that match) at auction that I'm planning to use.
Working on menu today!!
I'm participating a business expo next week so I'm planning on handing out LOTS of flyers regarding the NEW TEA Room in ____________! The expo is in our capitol city so lots of people!
I"M SOOOOOOO Excited... and nervous.... and worried... and the what ifs ???? ... but mostly excited! :)

You would think so but he'll have to work it out for anyone who is interested

I love it! I love the chair covers too. If you keep them you could tie red or bold bows on them as well. I love your curtains too..
Country Girl said:
I love it! I love the chair covers too. If you keep them you could tie red or bold bows on them as well. I love your curtains too.
Thank you Country Girl,
I designed the window treatments in all the rooms, sketched them out, picked out fabrics, designs and colors and then took it to a local decorating place and they sewed them up for me! I sewed the ones in the guest rooms tho.. cuz the deco comp was really expensive!!

Your place screams tea room.
thumbs_up.gif
I agree. Is tea room what she is going for? Or does she want business crowd to. Too much frou frou might scare the business lunch guys away. It's a fine line to walk and she has to be sure she targets the business she wants.

thumbs_up.gif
I agree. Is tea room what she is going for? Or does she want business crowd to. Too much frou frou might scare the business lunch guys away. It's a fine line to walk and she has to be sure she targets the business she wants.
EmptyNest said:
...might scare the business lunch guys away...
Yes, this talk of red bows and white chair covers has me, as you say, scared. We had a restaurant here that used clear glass plates, and men would barely enter the door. Afraid they'd break something, or afraid someone would accuse them of being sophisticated. Men spend more time being afraid (socially speaking) than you'd imagine!

thumbs_up.gif
EmptyNest said:
...might scare the business lunch guys away...
Yes, this talk of red bows and white chair covers has me, as you say, scared. We had a restaurant here that used clear glass plates, and men would barely enter the door. Afraid they'd break something, or afraid someone would accuse them of being sophisticated. Men spend more time being afraid (socially speaking) than you'd imagine!
Arkansawyer said:
Men spend more time being afraid (socially speaking) than you'd imagine!
Much more so than women. I know I'm not afraid of a lot of stuff that DH hems and haws about doing. And that goes either for 'girly tea shop' or 'he-man gun stuff'. I figure I can 'pass' for girly and I can 'play dumb' for guy stuff.

Looking at the white chair covers and thinking lots of laundry and stain removal. If a long term prospect, maybe some more practical chairs? Lovely setting for a tea room. Oops, edited to say I see you've already addressed this. Really should read to the bottom of the thread B-4 replying!

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

With a mind toward the amount of work to flip a table..I would eliminate the table decoration down the middle of the table, cover the white cloth with glass that could be "windexed" and forget the candles unless you plan to light them at some point. Without the chair covers, that should keep each table elegant yet simple enough that even a man would consider a bite to eat. Perhaps you could broaden your marketing to LUNCH and tea room. I know DH would not be enticed into a tea room without me dragging him along....he'd be thinking cucumber sandwiches and tea, neither of which he likes. But lunch and tea room brings to mind salads, soups and sandwiches. Lunch he would go for!

Tea%20room%20s_0.jpg

hows this?.
Lovely!
thumbs_up.gif

With a mind toward the amount of work to flip a table..I would eliminate the table decoration down the middle of the table, cover the white cloth with glass that could be "windexed" and forget the candles unless you plan to light them at some point. Without the chair covers, that should keep each table elegant yet simple enough that even a man would consider a bite to eat. Perhaps you could broaden your marketing to LUNCH and tea room. I know DH would not be enticed into a tea room without me dragging him along....he'd be thinking cucumber sandwiches and tea, neither of which he likes. But lunch and tea room brings to mind salads, soups and sandwiches. Lunch he would go for!
we went out to a new restaurant last night - same problem too many "things" on the table small vase with flowers and a candle in a holder etc - we managed ok but the ladies on the table next to us then pulled another table over ie then used 2 tables and smashed the flower vase on the floor as well - don't want to make the same mistake

Back