Tell me again please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

Reaction score
Tell me again why it is so important for most of you to keep your identities so secret.

So when venting about PITAS or situations the guests will not stumble in here and see themselves. There was a lady who stumbled in here once who stayed on commenting from to time from guest perspective. She loved B & Bs and told us about the ones she visited. It highlighted the need for those who are PITA magnets.

It's not so secret, it is just our user id. We are here representing ourselves, not our inns. If we represent our inns we have to watch our p's and q's.

If you type out your properties name and talk about it here, google will find it. Then when someone googles your property, they could read what you wrote. So if you choose to list your property, don't say anything that you would not want your guests to read! When I first joined, I didn't know that. JB pointed it out. But if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is.

If you type out your properties name and talk about it here, google will find it. Then when someone googles your property, they could read what you wrote. So if you choose to list your property, don't say anything that you would not want your guests to read! When I first joined, I didn't know that. JB pointed it out. But if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is..
Bob said:
...if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is.
I keep a log of who's who. There are a few I've never figured out. Always watching for clues, though. It's fun!

If you type out your properties name and talk about it here, google will find it. Then when someone googles your property, they could read what you wrote. So if you choose to list your property, don't say anything that you would not want your guests to read! When I first joined, I didn't know that. JB pointed it out. But if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is..
Bob said:
...if you look hard enough, you will figure out who we are and where our property is.
I keep a log of who's who. There are a few I've never figured out. Always watching for clues, though. It's fun!
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
I can figure out people from little clues, such as a room at the inn devoted to "Pepsi Memorabilia"...and other small details. That is if I really want to know.

I can never remember who is - have yet to decide if that is an advantage of old age or a detrimate.

Well, there was an incident earlier last year where some idiot came on here and threatened me and my inn personally because I had clearly pointed out that his spam ads were deceptive on here. He didn't want the truth to be known.

Not to mention a stalker I had (on the old forum) who was a nutter, and an innkeeper.
shades_smile.gif

Whatever happened to that one? Prob in jail or something.

Well, there was an incident earlier last year where some idiot came on here and threatened me and my inn personally because I had clearly pointed out that his spam ads were deceptive on here. He didn't want the truth to be known..
I remember that! That was crazy! You remember the guy who had a fit about his video he wanted advice on? Swirt kicked him off of here. That was too funny. Swirt said " Don't let the door hit you on the way out"!!! Oh that made me :).

I stopped trying to figure it out. Unless someone Acting like a troll.

A few who have changed usernames over the years can still be recognized by their writing style and the things they say. Fun detective work.

A few who have changed usernames over the years can still be recognized by their writing style and the things they say. Fun detective work..
Arkansawyer said:
A few who have changed usernames over the years can still be recognized by their writing style and the things they say. Fun detective work.
Yes, I have apparently been caught using words that only I tend to use no matter who I log on as. Dang. It's probably time to recreate myself...but I have to find a good avatar first...and avoid the ellipses when I come back...and the incessant use of 'I'.

Before I was incognito, had a new b&b innkeeper send what I felt an innappropriate e-mail to other innkeepers in our region. Before I knew how powerful this site was in google, I had posted a question question here to get feedback about her e-mail and included a link to her horrible website thinking she would never know because I didn't use her b&b name. WRONG! She came on here and we tried to help her fix her website and she wouldn't listen. Off line, she phoned me and wrote a threatening letter. After that I went incognito.
By the way, I had written that she'd probably only last a year in this biz. I was wrong...she closed the biz after 2 years. HA!
shades_smile.gif

Yes, I agree with everything here that has been said.
At times we need specific advise and cannot divulge the whole picture lest the guests find out. I remember this year someone had a "situation" and they only posted a portion of it, so the advise was all wrong. I had an email about this same situation so got the whole picture. It made every ounce of difference to get the whole picture.
I have flagged a couple times here when someone called guests idiots. As this is an open forum, we can belly ache all we want, but to name call like that is just too unprofessional -out in the open-. This forum comes up OFTEN when people search for B&B's online. So be aware of it.
So...better safe than sorry. No reason to post my inn name on my siggie line. You all know who and where I am, and if you don't you find out quick enough. I don't hide my inn at all, I just don't advertise it here.
thumbs_up.gif

At times we need specific advise and cannot divulge the whole picture lest the guests find out. I remember this year someone had a "situation" and they only posted a portion of it, so the advise was all wrong. I had an email about this same situation so got the whole picture. It made every ounce of difference to get the whole picture.
I have flagged a couple times here when someone called guests idiots. As this is an open forum, we can belly ache all we want, but to name call like that is just too unprofessional -out in the open-. This forum comes up OFTEN when people search for B&B's online. So be aware of it.
So...better safe than sorry. No reason to post my inn name on my siggie line. You all know who and where I am, and if you don't you find out quick enough. I don't hide my inn at all, I just don't advertise it here.
thumbs_up.gif
"I just don't advertise it here."
Wait, what was this post then? (just having a little fun)

thumbs_up.gif
Harborfields said:
That is what I mean, I am all over this place like white on rice. I just don't have it on my siggie line after every post. LORD FORBID! haha
Please, buy that inn, sum-bodd-ee...it is a bargain! It is beautiful and you have great beautiful wonderful funky cool guests! and you get these MOUNTAINS and lakes as part of the package...okay if you need moonshine I can hook ya up. Now, who's first?

thumbs_up.gif
Harborfields said:
That is what I mean, I am all over this place like white on rice. I just don't have it on my siggie line after every post. LORD FORBID! haha
Please, buy that inn, sum-bodd-ee...it is a bargain! It is beautiful and you have great beautiful wonderful funky cool guests! and you get these MOUNTAINS and lakes as part of the package...okay if you need moonshine I can hook ya up. Now, who's first?
Ya can push it to me all ya want, but I can't buy... I'm not employable on that side of the border...
devil_smile.gif

Bob said:
I've started the same kind of cheat-sheet. I agree - it's fun to look for clues!

Back