Tell me the secret...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...to cutting brownies so you get nice squares that don't have the 'crust' all chewed up and broken off. I like brownies that are gooey, not cake-like.

Put the brownies in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting. Just bring them back to room temperature before serving.

GOT IT SISTUH!
Put them in the freezer before cutting.
No you wont get nice warm brownies, but they look nicer than the mashed up things I served on Monday! I iced them and oi what a mess!

PS AND THEN...the rest of the story, I had left over brownies...if they begin to get a bit stale they are perfect to put beneath a scoop of ice cream or like I did yesterday tossed one in a parfait cup/goblet and poured bananas and pecan and banana cream pudding over it! The chocolate center was a real treat!

I saw a brownie pan some where on the net.........divided out to perfect squares.......
other than that....yeah, I was going to say fridge

I saw a brownie pan some where on the net.........divided out to perfect squares.......
other than that....yeah, I was going to say fridge.
I've seen that pan around but Gomez would absolutely kill me if he had to wash something like that! So, cold it is.

Mort remember my quiche/pie slicer, it is not super easy to clean, I soak it then clean it, that brownie pan would be torture! But then again, I am against all individual little tins of all sorts due to the added cleaning element.

Use a disposable plastic knife after they cool just a tad. It works!!.
I have heard the plastic knife thing before. It'll be easier for me to find a plastic knife than space in the fridge, so I'll try that one first. Tomorrow.

PS AND THEN...the rest of the story, I had left over brownies...if they begin to get a bit stale they are perfect to put beneath a scoop of ice cream or like I did yesterday tossed one in a parfait cup/goblet and poured bananas and pecan and banana cream pudding over it! The chocolate center was a real treat!.
Joey Bloggs said:
PS AND THEN...the rest of the story, I had left over brownies...if they begin to get a bit stale they are perfect to put beneath a scoop of ice cream or like I did yesterday tossed one in a parfait cup/goblet and poured bananas and pecan and banana cream pudding over it! The chocolate center was a real treat!
That was just plain torture to read - I'm on a diet & love chocolate & bananas!
cry_smile.gif

PS AND THEN...the rest of the story, I had left over brownies...if they begin to get a bit stale they are perfect to put beneath a scoop of ice cream or like I did yesterday tossed one in a parfait cup/goblet and poured bananas and pecan and banana cream pudding over it! The chocolate center was a real treat!.
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif

Don't do the 'diet' thing. Call it a 'lifestyle change'. A diet is something you do for a brief time until you meet a goal and then you go back to whatever you did before.
What I am trying lately is eating half of everything I want. That way I don't miss out on stuff. I just eat half of it. Yes, half a brownie is a killer, but I get to eat it.
Today I cut out all of my OJ and chocolate milk. I have to figure out what's causing this constant heartburn. Oddly enough, it went away when I ate a yogurt.

Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif

Don't do the 'diet' thing. Call it a 'lifestyle change'. A diet is something you do for a brief time until you meet a goal and then you go back to whatever you did before.
What I am trying lately is eating half of everything I want. That way I don't miss out on stuff. I just eat half of it. Yes, half a brownie is a killer, but I get to eat it.
Today I cut out all of my OJ and chocolate milk. I have to figure out what's causing this constant heartburn. Oddly enough, it went away when I ate a yogurt.
Half of what size brownie
poke.gif
!!!!!
OJ has given me heartburn. I think that yogurt would coat the passageway and then also settle the stomach acid. If you have a hiatal hernia, milk products may provide some relief but are usually bad in the long run. (Well at least that is what my Dad said the Dr. told him.) Check out the symptoms - I like the Mayo clinic site as well as Med md

freezer, just to firm it up.
It will work without putting them in the freezer, believe it or not!
eta: I baked triple fudge brownies to take to a meeting and ate half of one. Saved the other half and another brownie for my dh. There were none to bring home.
regular_smile.gif
I am really working on my "lifestyle change" too! If you deprive yourself of everything, you'll go back to any bad eating habits pretty quickly.
sad_smile.gif

And the winner is...plastic knife! (I always try the easiest on first.)
Holy mackeral! Like a hot knife thru butter. Zip, zip, no crumbles at all. And they were still warm.
Thank you Samster!

Do you know I had some of those iced brownies and I made some more pudding and searched and searched and only came up with plastic spoons and forks! HA HA! I was in the kitchen laughing.

Holy mackeral! Like a hot knife thru butter. Zip, zip, no crumbles at all. And they were still warm.
Thank you Samster!.
Hey that's great...I always waited forever to cut mine and they were still a mess. Thanks I will use the next time I do brownies

Thank you Samster!.
regular_smile.gif
You're welcome! Although it was not an original idea at all. The next best thing to go with that is a spatula that is bar cookie/brownie size to lift them out of the pan. I have a couple of them and they work great after using the plastic knife.

GOT IT SISTUH!
No you wont get nice warm brownies, but they look nicer than the mashed up things I served on Monday! I iced them and oi what a mess!.
Joey Bloggs said:
GOT IT SISTUH!
No you wont get nice warm brownies, but they look nicer than the mashed up things I served on Monday! I iced them and oi what a mess!
nuke them in the microwave after you cut them. Works just fine.

Back