Tell me the time and then quibble

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
VENT!!!
First off, I know I need an attitude adjustment. I will be working on that from now until Thursday. The first reservation for this weekend came for one of my shared bath guestrooms. Are you coming for the Fest? No, for a wedding. I immediately wanted to scream because I knew this would be trouble. Of course I have had calls for rooms but the shared bath has ended that - was hoping for 2 couples traveling together as I have had in the past for this. Now I so want someone to book the other room I will almost give it away because I am betting they figured no one would want to share the bath so they would get the private bath at the shared rate.
Today I get a response to the automated see you soon reminder - we expect to be arriving between Noon and 2 p.m.. Normal check-in time is 4 to 7 but in this case Noon is great. I reply with please check in by Noon. we are part of MountainFest and the schedule is 1 to 9 Thursday. In case we are delayed could you leave a key with a neighbor or hide it? I want to scream - find another room but of course I will get an attitude adjustment. I will also have to see if I can impose on someone to let these #$%^& in.

You are just too easy.
poke.gif

Take it as a gift...leave the key/note and then just get out of there when YOU want to, now you don't have to hang around and wait for them.

We have been considering a room re-arrangement in the event that the Inn has not sold by the time slow season comes around. This would involve either 1PB/2SB rooms or 2PB/1 add-on room. While the first scenario would bring better revenue, the second scenario appeals to me more, because the third room could only be rented as an add-on to the upstairs room with detached PB (the room where we sleep now, sharing our bath with the smallest guest room across the hall). That way, the only ones sharing that hall bath would be someone in the same traveling party.
Of course, the ideal for us would be to tuck another bathroom in somewhere for us...although I don't know where, or with what money that would happen...I am getting mighty tired of sharing my bathroom EVERY DAY all summer.

We have been considering a room re-arrangement in the event that the Inn has not sold by the time slow season comes around. This would involve either 1PB/2SB rooms or 2PB/1 add-on room. While the first scenario would bring better revenue, the second scenario appeals to me more, because the third room could only be rented as an add-on to the upstairs room with detached PB (the room where we sleep now, sharing our bath with the smallest guest room across the hall). That way, the only ones sharing that hall bath would be someone in the same traveling party.
Of course, the ideal for us would be to tuck another bathroom in somewhere for us...although I don't know where, or with what money that would happen...I am getting mighty tired of sharing my bathroom EVERY DAY all summer..
I remember when you were kicking around options for this last year, I am still struggling to understand the layout...I feel certain there's a way to squeeze a PB in there for yourselves somehow! I don't know how you share your bath with guests, being as busy as you are...I couldn't do it, my bathroom is always the only one that doesn't get cleaned every day!

Because I do so much with & for my City, I have been able to make arrangements with a key for the guests with the Recreation Coordinator letting the guests in when they arrive. They are to call City Hall and he will come over to let them in. Gotta love a small town!
I am having my motorcycle guests pick up their keys at the Vintage Show.

Back