Tell the Manager

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Well this morning I was ticked that even after writing a note about the OnYums bag being behind the night stand and telling the desk about our room keys not working (desk clerk responded our first morning with since you will be staying over for 4 days, we will send someone up to check it) and getting the FOURTH set of room keys. She was ticked at me because she told me to forget it and I did not (she took it as a direct disobey). I told her if we did not say anything nothing gets fixed. She wanted to skip it because at last, this morning Security came up to change the batteries on our room and then discovered the keys STILL did not work.
I stopped at the desk and told him the bag of OnYums was still behind the night stand even after a note was left informing housekeeping it was there (BTW it is still there tonight), we found a hair pick on the floor by the window and neither was ours, I thought it was outrageous to be charged for Internet when B & Bs are expected to give it for free. And told him how displeased I was that it took this long for them to FINALLY fix our door.
He took the Internet off the bill and apologized for the incinvenience and asked it there was naything else he could do for us. I told him that was strictly up to him as I was not going to tell him how to run his inn. He asked if we would be dining in their restaurant tonight and I said we had not yet discussed dinner but I never say no to food and thank you that would be very nice. So we had a nice dinner tonight. I plan to write him a thank you note and tell him the bag of OnYums is still behind the night stand. We did not leave a tip this morning (we did the first 2 mornings - her note was left UNDER the tip) and there will not be one tomorrow.
As I told my manager, they cannot be expected to fix something if you do not tell them. (2 dinners was a lot cheaper than a comped night)

So, let's get this right...your first day on the job, your first biz trip on the new job and you've already ticked off your manager because you want the room clean and she doesn't want to upset the applecart? Alrightly, K! I thought they KNEW who they were hiring.
wink_smile.gif

As for the room, it's absurd that the housekeeper has the eyesight to take the tip but not the willpower to find the mess. My guess? Your housekeeper can't read and thought the note said, 'Thanks! Wonderful job.'
I would let them know again in the morning that the room has not been cleaned ONCE since you have been there and was not cleaned before you arrived in spite of the fact that someone has let themselves in to take the tip money. And that you know all about TripAdvisor and are not afraid to use it.
I loved the one review I read about the 2 guys who actually put magic marker lines on their sheets one night and then asked for the same room on their return trip a week later. Yeah, you got it...magic marker lines lined right up! Sheets had not been changed in a week.

So, let's get this right...your first day on the job, your first biz trip on the new job and you've already ticked off your manager because you want the room clean and she doesn't want to upset the applecart? Alrightly, K! I thought they KNEW who they were hiring.
wink_smile.gif

As for the room, it's absurd that the housekeeper has the eyesight to take the tip but not the willpower to find the mess. My guess? Your housekeeper can't read and thought the note said, 'Thanks! Wonderful job.'
I would let them know again in the morning that the room has not been cleaned ONCE since you have been there and was not cleaned before you arrived in spite of the fact that someone has let themselves in to take the tip money. And that you know all about TripAdvisor and are not afraid to use it.
I loved the one review I read about the 2 guys who actually put magic marker lines on their sheets one night and then asked for the same room on their return trip a week later. Yeah, you got it...magic marker lines lined right up! Sheets had not been changed in a week..
Okay, the magic marker thing has me totally grossed out.

That was my DAD! He was working out of town and left on the FRI to get home (so checked out Friday morning at 5am) and checked back in on Monday (as did a couple other guys) after work 5pm and they gave his coworker his old room. He lifted the covers and sure enough there was the marker in the same exact spot!
AND the room had been rented over the weekend!

That was my DAD! He was working out of town and left on the FRI to get home (so checked out Friday morning at 5am) and checked back in on Monday (as did a couple other guys) after work 5pm and they gave his coworker his old room. He lifted the covers and sure enough there was the marker in the same exact spot!
AND the room had been rented over the weekend!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
AND the room had been rented over the weekend!
OK, I knew I had read/heard that story somewhere!

wink_smile.gif

I loved the one review I read about the 2 guys who actually put magic marker lines on their sheets one night and then asked for the same room on their return trip a week later. Yeah, you got it...magic marker lines lined right up! Sheets had not been changed in a week..
That was the problem, they KNEW - she promised them she could control me. That is why she was ticked at me! Gets better. This morning she goes down to check out while I finish getting ready. She comes back and says, "I had to be you this morning!" What? "Yes, I had to be you! He said they were taking the Internet charges off the bill and they were still there. So I gave them the littany of our experience including how it is not nice reaching down to plug in your video machine and finding a snack bag that is STILL there. They removed the Interenet charges AND the parking fees."
As for housekeeping, I was in the room in the afternoon on Monday (we arrived Sunday) working at the computer when housekeeping finally came to our room - it was a young man who I believe did not speak or really understand English because I asked him to fix the temp in our room - it was set at 60 and we tried to lower it to no avail - and since I was standing there pointing to it he went over pushed the buttons and mumbled something that sounded like broken and sort of threw up his hands...
Last night was the first time we came back to the room that our keys actually worked the first try (but my key had worked every time at the garage and the business center.)
Feels good to be home. I am soooo tired! MY guestrooms have now been stripped and first set of sheets in washer. Geuss who wants pudding! All guests were pleased so I guess I will make it before I pass out. I have been downloading e-mails since 4pm - tomorrow is broadband installation day. I did not even bring my suitcase in!
It was a great trip though. She said I was a big help - Tuesday when I got the number and name, I was able to get an appointment Wed. AM with the Asst Commish of Culture & History that was VERY fruitful and then we visited our new State Senator and that was even better for getting new info. He is a new Senator so looking for something to "hang his hat on" and we are willing to help him hang it. Plus we invited every Delegate and Senator to the announcement at the Governor's Mansion - and one was ticked he had not been notified by the Gov's office and thanked me for calling him (they were in Session so I left a Voice Mail). Our City is one of 13 that got the OnTrac designation - a precursor to the Main Street Program.

wink_smile.gif

That was the problem, they KNEW - she promised them she could control me. That is why she was ticked at me! Gets better. This morning she goes down to check out while I finish getting ready. She comes back and says, "I had to be you this morning!" What? "Yes, I had to be you! He said they were taking the Internet charges off the bill and they were still there. So I gave them the littany of our experience including how it is not nice reaching down to plug in your video machine and finding a snack bag that is STILL there. They removed the Interenet charges AND the parking fees."
As for housekeeping, I was in the room in the afternoon on Monday (we arrived Sunday) working at the computer when housekeeping finally came to our room - it was a young man who I believe did not speak or really understand English because I asked him to fix the temp in our room - it was set at 60 and we tried to lower it to no avail - and since I was standing there pointing to it he went over pushed the buttons and mumbled something that sounded like broken and sort of threw up his hands...
Last night was the first time we came back to the room that our keys actually worked the first try (but my key had worked every time at the garage and the business center.)
Feels good to be home. I am soooo tired! MY guestrooms have now been stripped and first set of sheets in washer. Geuss who wants pudding! All guests were pleased so I guess I will make it before I pass out. I have been downloading e-mails since 4pm - tomorrow is broadband installation day. I did not even bring my suitcase in!
It was a great trip though. She said I was a big help - Tuesday when I got the number and name, I was able to get an appointment Wed. AM with the Asst Commish of Culture & History that was VERY fruitful and then we visited our new State Senator and that was even better for getting new info. He is a new Senator so looking for something to "hang his hat on" and we are willing to help him hang it. Plus we invited every Delegate and Senator to the announcement at the Governor's Mansion - and one was ticked he had not been notified by the Gov's office and thanked me for calling him (they were in Session so I left a Voice Mail). Our City is one of 13 that got the OnTrac designation - a precursor to the Main Street Program.
You are one busy woman, Kathleen! Glad to have you back!

wink_smile.gif

You are one busy woman, Kathleen! Glad to have you back!
Thanks. Glad to be back. Finally caught up enough to go make the elixer for himself - PUDDING! I am dooo tired but he did a good job with the horse people and their breakfast. The Marine & his lady left me a honking tip! WOW! Came home to an alert from the tourism & travel lobbyist that a bill has been introduced concerning Fire Codes so I had to track it down - IF it stays the way it is, it will not affect us, but once opened, they can open a can of worms so I have to keep close watch. She also told me about a trails bill that I need to write to Delegates about to quash before it gets any steam - bad bill that would create 3 new and unnecessary jobs that are already being done by 2 men who were already working for the State when they were assigned the duties, not new-hires even!
Pudding and bed. YES!!

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
That was the problem, they KNEW - she promised them she could control me. That is why she was ticked at me!
What kind of crazy person would promise THAT???
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
That was the problem, they KNEW - she promised them she could control me. That is why she was ticked at me!
wink_smile.gif

Bree said:
gillumhouse said:
wink_smile.gif
LOL
teeth_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

Back