Ten Great Places to Sleep With a Ghost

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my! Good Friend of mine!!! I never encountered a ghost when I stayed with her...glad I didn't
ghostsmiley.gif

Some things I think would send me over the edge...encountering a ghost might be one of them. More power to those who enjoy that stuff! I don't think I could do it!

We stayed at the Kehoe House but I didn't hear any ghost, children or otherwise. The ghost tour trolley stopped right outside, though.

We have permanent live ins and a motto to go with the whole "haunted" thing.
We are also one of the top places to sleep with a ghost in our state.
Our Motto is:
'We boast a host of ghosts that are bound to keep you engrossed during your stay.'
Catchy huh?

Our Motto is:
'We boast a host of ghosts that are bound to keep you engrossed during your stay.'
Catchy huh?.
HOnestly...if you boast of ghosts....I would not be choosing you as the place I would stay:-( \
I know others love that kind of thing. I don't believe...but with other choices out there, I would look elsewhere.

Our Motto is:
Catchy huh?.
HOnestly...if you boast of ghosts....I would not be choosing you as the place I would stay:-( \
I know others love that kind of thing. I don't believe...but with other choices out there, I would look elsewhere.
catlady said:
We tend to only play it up around Halloween.

Been at By the Side of the Road, just for a meeting. No mention of ghost then. If guest tell you....".you have ghost"...you probably do....I cater to romance , spa ,& get away packages at my B&B....Mary in Bridgewater,Va.

Same reason I don't mention we have a cemetary behind us. Some are thrilled and go hunting for the orig owners of this house, looking at old stones from 1700's and others are freaked out and hate it! I won't ever mention it on our website. We also have a park on the other side, so you can hear tennis at night, won't mention that, although some guests might love to go over and play. We have spare rackets here if they do.
The four apple trees in the cemetary are nearly ready to be harvested, again, I won't mention where I got the apples. LOL

Same reason I don't mention we have a cemetary behind us. Some are thrilled and go hunting for the orig owners of this house, looking at old stones from 1700's and others are freaked out and hate it! I won't ever mention it on our website. We also have a park on the other side, so you can hear tennis at night, won't mention that, although some guests might love to go over and play. We have spare rackets here if they do.
The four apple trees in the cemetary are nearly ready to be harvested, again, I won't mention where I got the apples. LOL.
Joe Bloggs said:
Same reason I don't mention we have a cemetary behind us.
Well at least the neighbors are quiet.

The four apple trees in the cemetary are nearly ready to be harvested, again, I won't mention where I got the apples. LOL.
Joe Bloggs said:
It's a great neighborhood, people are just dying to get in!
Pa rump, bump.

Joe Bloggs said:
The Farmers Daughter said:
Joe Bloggs said:
I have plenty of lines to use - esp when they ask "Are their ghosts here? Has anyone ever mentioned..."
I reply, "No no ghosts but we have dead people buried in our back yard"
They usually get huge eyes then laugh when they realize as they just parked there.
When callers ask about neighbors I say the same thing "Very quiet neighbors, you won't hear a peep out of them!"
Some of the history and notable people buried there are of interest to guests. But again, just depends on the guest. We have the actors reenacting famous people out there twice a year, a proper old trolley tour around town and ends there, no guest to my knowledge has been here for that. Although the historical society wants the tours to come and have tea on our porch.
regular_smile.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
Pa rump, bump.
Little Blue said:
Pa rump, bump.
Let me guess...the street sign is One Way ---------->

We took our pooch for a walk in the cemetery (I mentioned is right behind us) and I saw this sign, and had to get a photo.
Not sure if I AM supposed to call them or they are to call that number? Ha ha Maybe it is like a “Will work for food” sign, even ghosts are out of work. LOL
The second pic showing the small marker on the right for an African American. Wealthy to be buried at this cemetery in the center of town on the highest point, and possibly a slave owner themselves to be there counted amongst the wealthy of those days and not in a family plot or church plot, but they were not allowed to have a proper marker like everyone
else. Just thought I would share this with you. The owners of our house are buried there as well as a well known colonizer.
lrg_Ghosts.JPG

lrg_Cem_Stone.JPG

Back