Tenth Anniversary

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy anniversary!.
Hello. Does this appearance mean your power is back on?
TheBeachHouse said:
Generator. I get one hour of Internet time each day. Check emails, do reservations, play games, chat with the gang.
No end in sight for the power outage.
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Generator. I get one hour of Internet time each day. Check emails, do reservations, play games, chat with the gang.
It's been too long. I can do one day - it's fun. Two might be romantic. Three is a challenge and four is scary. We also have a generator and I'm glad. We haven't had terrible weather, so you're not freezing! But I hope it comes back on today!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
It's been too long. I can do one day - it's fun. Two might be romantic. Three is a challenge and four is scary. We also have a generator and I'm glad. We haven't had terrible weather, so you're not freezing! But I hope it comes back on today!
Funny thing - quote in the paper from the power company - 'We're moving into more isolated areas now...'
Well, I'm definitely not in an isolated area! The road in front of my house is several thousand miles long. About 100 yards to either side of me, those businesses have been up and running since Monday. They're very pleasant when I call the power company, but there's nothing they can do to go faster.
Some people in my town have not been able to get anywhere, trees are down on the roads all around them.

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Funny thing - quote in the paper from the power company - 'We're moving into more isolated areas now...'
Well, I'm definitely not in an isolated area! The road in front of my house is several thousand miles long. About 100 yards to either side of me, those businesses have been up and running since Monday. They're very pleasant when I call the power company, but there's nothing they can do to go faster.
Some people in my town have not been able to get anywhere, trees are down on the roads all around them.
[/quote]
[/quote]
I must have been in la la land, didn't realize the extent of the bad weather. I hope your business interruption insurance will kick in. Mother Nature can be so cruel. Sending hugs.

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Discovered today upon returning to our property that the storm earlier this week knocked a big branch down on the powerline that supplies four of our cottages and our boat barn/workshop building. In the process, it pulled down one of the poles. The utility is going to replace the broken pole and another one that is rotten too (it supports the transformer for these circuits), and they are going to upgrade all the wiring for the whole circuit as well, since these poles and the wires that they support are probably original from circa 1950. But since the cottages are unoccupied and closed up for the winter, and there are other people out there still without power, we can wait. The guys delivering the new poles this afternoon said that's the first time they've heard anyone say that ("we can wait")! One of them said he's put in 100 hours already this week, with over 200 poles down just in our service area. They have to wait to install the poles anyway until one of their excavators becomes available since both of these poles are "off-road." And pulling the new wires (etc...) won't happen until the new poles are in...
In the meantime, I can pull power for the boat barn/workshop from one of our other buildings that is served by a different powerline (we have three different lines coming onto the property: one serving the south-side cottages, one serving the north-side cottages, and one serving the main house...). Good thing we have a bunch of heavy duty extension cords!

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Do you know CMP's spokeswoman? She lives in your town. We sail with her and her husband.

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Do you know CMP's spokeswoman? She lives in your town. We sail with her and her husband.
OnTheShore said:
I wonder if she has power? I don't know her, no. TV crews were on the front lawn last night, but didn't ask for a comment. There are people working on the lines right now, so things are looking up.
I think they said we had 28 poles down in town, compared with only 6 in the outlying towns to the west.
It will be nice to not have to run the generator. It's pretty loud. But, thankful we have one for heat and hot water.

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
[/quote]
I must have been in la la land, didn't realize the extent of the bad weather. I hope your business interruption insurance will kick in. Mother Nature can be so cruel. Sending hugs.

[/QUOTE]
It was pretty bad here. Worst storm in re power loss in over 50 years.

Happy anniversary!.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:

[/QUOTE]
It was pretty bad here. Worst storm in re power loss in over 50 years.

[/QUOTE]
I just heard of your storm as well. I'm glad you have a generator.

Back