Tenth Anniversary

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
November 2007 my first guests were four Parisian animators who worked with Jim Davis on the Garfield Movie. I would have been nervous regardless, but four Frenchmen and an old maid (me) was quite an initiation. They had found out that they were my first guests, and brought me a lovely box of candied almonds (Mazet Praslines, Generic) and left wonderful notes in the guest room books. Although there were a few first day glitches, they have returned every year since then.
I have one set of grandparents with very adorable grandchildren who have stayed over 100 nights (not all at once - ha), and proudly announce to other guests that they are my frequent fliers. I have one set of business guests who come four times a year and I have to save the local papers so Roger can keep up with the plight of our local government and notable local miscreants. I have pins on the map for 48 states and 6 continents. I've had guests from the South who have seen snow for the first time here. I've had regular people who actually have stories of great inspiration. I can think of only two people that would be on my DNB list if I had one.
There aren't many B&B's in my state, so many of my guests are first time B&Bers. Whenever a guest comments that I have thought of every detail I give my forum buddies all the credit. I post a lot less now than I used to, but in the beginning I asked all the questions and got advice from the seasoned innkeepers. My first career was in medicine, so innkeeping was a big change, especially since I was a non-cook to start with. About 5 years ago I remembered that my maternal grandmother (who died when I was an infant) ran a boarding house during the Great Depression, so I must have some genetic tug and help that has kept me going.
I'm really grateful to this online community. I've been privileged to meet several of you and visit your inns. Four of us took the Innspiring Road Trip a few years ago and had a great time visiting inns in the South and Midwest. I'd love to host a group of you for an Innspiring Road Trip II. Although I'm now past Medicare age, I'm still happy with what I'm doing. I've just replaced my fraying linens, so I guess I must plan on doing this a while longer, I just don't worry about not marketing and not staying busy all the time. I owe 2 Cat Lady's iceburg picture as the inspiration for my best cross country trip, and treasure the many friendships I've made over the past 10 years. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

heart.gif

heart.gif

We have been doing this for over 20 years and next summer is our 10th in this location. It's amazing how many wonderful stories we get.

Innkeep said:
...in the beginning I asked all the questions and got advice from the seasoned innkeepers.
Likewise, when I came here as a newbie, you did your part and gave me your much-appreciated, seasoned advice. Thanks for sharing, and happy anniversary!

Happy Anniversary, my Friend. The road Trip and the meet-up at Bridgewater were 2 joys for me. Himself very much enjoyed our visit to you (and I did too). You are a very special person. Thank you for your friendship.

Happy Anniversary and congratulations for making your 10 year mark. That's quite an accomplishment and I hope you go strong for as many years that still give you joy.

Congratulations. If it is going well, why not keep it going?

Wow! Keep up the great work! Don't forget us eating Jon Sable's creations together! My first time riding in a Tesla too! Enjoyed your visit greatly though a little nervous at first!

Wow! Keep up the great work! Don't forget us eating Jon Sable's creations together! My first time riding in a Tesla too! Enjoyed your visit greatly though a little nervous at first!.
devil_smile.gif
I hope your nerves were from Tessie and not me.

Happy anniversary!.
Hello. Does this appearance mean your power is back on?
TheBeachHouse said:
Generator. I get one hour of Internet time each day. Check emails, do reservations, play games, chat with the gang.
No end in sight for the power outage.
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Generator. I get one hour of Internet time each day. Check emails, do reservations, play games, chat with the gang.
No end in sight for the power outage.
It's been too long. I can do one day - it's fun. Two might be romantic. Three is a challenge and four is scary. We also have a generator and I'm glad. We haven't had terrible weather, so you're not freezing! But I hope it comes back on today!

10 years flew by and in the meantime inn keeping has changed a lot! But, once a great innkeeper, you only get better and wiser with time! Congratulations on your first 10 years...may you have many more.
thumbs_up.gif

Congratulations! Happy to have learned from you and everyone else here during the last decade. Thank you
heart.gif

You were my first fellow innkeep to host at my B&B and we’ll never forget you. It feels like a lifetime ago. You were respectful yet you spoke your mind. I liked that. Had a great time breaking bread with you at our seafood festival and wish you could have stayed longer. And you added to DH’s experience by letting him drive Tessie! Thanks so much for coming to visit down east.
Happy Anniversary to you! Keep,doing what you love and you’ll never work again!
heart.gif

Back