Terminal Terminal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Ugh! My terminal died this morning and I'm HOPPING mad because they can't even offer me a solution on how to process. Thankfully, I have SQ and Payd. I recently got Payd because SQ is giving me denials when guests use Amex and they don't want to look into it. Payd is 2.65%. Anyway, the signature part of Payd is a bit awkward and a guest pushed DONE before they signed, so I had to void the transaction and redo it.
Now, this is the part you guys might not understand. The guest looks at me and says "That's it? no PIN?" And that's exactly my problem, we are so used to chip & PIN that we are baffled by the signing process, the same way that you are by the chip & PIN process.
Anyway, Monday I need to contact them. Apparently they don't have the same terminal anymore, which may mean that I have to update to a newer terminal (it's pretty standard here that we rent them monthly.) But since they won't replace it at the same price, I'm asking Moneris and Mercury for quotes as well. Might as well show around. The local hotel association has a deal with Moneris. I didn't need this!

I've had that issue with SQ & AMEX as well. Good to know it is not just me! I will send in my feedback too.

I've had that issue with SQ & AMEX as well. Good to know it is not just me! I will send in my feedback too..
Yup. AMEX would process using my terminal but not SQ. They just shrugged at the decline.... but how would I be able to process a minute later on my terminal if it was REALLY declined?

Back